SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

JB4 plug and play tune for s60!

5K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  salv1983 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,
so as some of you may know, I have been shopping around trying to find the best plug and play tune for my car. at the moment "Race Chip" & "Vaitrix" were the 2 i've been going back and forth with...
Racechip has more appeal to me personally because ive been hearing mostly good things about their products...My old S4 B9 was running a JB4 tune that made the car FLY!
today i decided to contact them and see if it would be possible to get their tune made for our engine, and sure enough Terry replied to me and told me they were already working on it!

i have no info on the specs of gains, but i do know that JB4 is the best in the category for Audi.
I'd love to hear what you guys think, what tune do you have? do you like it? whats the drawback?

i find the Polestar tune to be great but expensive and not that much gains for the price...

#3 ·
I have tried both of the tunes in hand and neither have worked, however we were doing our testing on T8 vehicles. We installed the tunes, gave time for them to learn and then raced with other T8s and found absolutely no difference in results. If JB4 could come up with something that would be amazing to have it from a reputable plug and play piggy back company

#5 · (Edited)
It's always good to hear that more aftermarket companies are working on S60 tuning parts. Coming from BMW's, I'm quite familiar with JB4. Hopefully they'll do some other parts like intake, intercooler, and downpipe. I'm just not sold on these types of piggy-back systems that intercept sensor signals, and trick the ECU into adding more boost or fuel by showing different values from sensors.

#6 ·
I would get the JB4 (or JB1) once they come out with it.

I had a 18' Infiniti Q50 Red Sport with JB1. I liked the idea of getting good gains with a simple 1 minute hook up under the engine. The controller I could just tuck away to the side. Taking out for service was easy too.

JB4 would be nice for more power but I prefer the JB1 for super easy installation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.