SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Subwoofer

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Ty14555 
#1 ·
Looking to purchase a 2013 C30 R Design. One of the first upgrades I want to make is to add a subwoofer. Wanted to see what experience people have had with different type of subwoofer setups.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Is your objective to actually improve the sound of the stereo, or do you just want "doof doof" bass?
If you actually want it to sound better, you could probably start by adding Dynamat (or similar) in the doors, and upgrading the speakers themselves.
It would also depend on which audio system it has, there are a few different ones of varying quality.

Running any sort of amp off the stock head unit will be tricky as it doesn't have RCA outputs, some amps are available with speaker level inputs but wiring could get a bit messy. You'd also have to work out where to actually position the sub, unless you're happy to lose half of the boot space.

#3 ·
I'm looking to add more bass to the sound. Not looking to upgrade the existing speakers. I've added an amp and subwoofer enclosure to a couple of my other cars with stock stereo. So I am familiar with how to wire them up. My question was what different types of subwoofer box setups have people tried in a C30.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk