Updated OSD Price Lists | BuyVolvoFlySweden.com
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Forum Sponsor

Updated OSD Price Lists | BuyVolvoFlySweden.com

Just sharing the most current 2020 Overseas Delivery Price Lists: https://buyvolvoflysweden.com/view-price-lists

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thank you Steingold for the updated 2020 OSD price sheets. Do you have an educated guess when the 2021 OSD price lists will be posted?

Quote Originally Posted by SteingoldVolvoCars View Post
      Just sharing the most current 2020 Overseas Delivery Price Lists: https://buyvolvoflysweden.com/view-price-lists

Thank you. I've already placed my order and haven't noticed any change in my car (Volvo V60).
      Current: Subaru Outback 2015, Limited

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Mike999, I’ve been working with Bob at University Volvo and his guess is the end of March/April.
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike999 View Post
      Thank you Steingold for the updated 2020 OSD price sheets. Do you have an educated guess when the 2021 OSD price lists will be posted?

Does anyone know...Can you order a 2020 (V60-R) now with any certainty you will get a 2021 for a September OSD delivery? Or do they make your car now and put it in storage until September? This would be a bummer as a leftover 2020 available at a US dealer in September might be marked down lower than the OSD ordered in March.

Does anyone know...Can you order a 2020 (V60-R) now with any certainty you will get a 2021 for a September OSD delivery? Or do they make your car now and put it in storage until September? This would be a bummer as a leftover 2020 available at a US dealer in September might be marked down lower than the OSD ordered in March.
      You can't order more than 6 months out... You're going to be getting a 21 for September.
      Volvo Sales Guy
      VCOA Member

Generally, you'll tend to save more by negotiating with a dealer on an in stock unit over OSD, big "if" you can actually find the car you want. Exceptions are really high demand vehicles.
      OSD is not really about saving money but having a nice trip.
      Past: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60R M, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD, '05 V70R GT
      Present: '95 854 T-5R, '06 XC70, '15 XC70 T6, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne T5 View Post
      Generally, you'll tend to save more by negotiating with a dealer on an in stock unit over OSD, big "if" you can actually find the car you want. Exceptions are really high demand vehicles.
      It depends on the model rebates from Volvo too. Getting 8% off a V60 that has no rebates isn't going to happen unless they have pretty significant fees hidden in the back end or some other tricky marketing gimmicks.... On a car like an XC90.. 100% about the trip because the rebates make saving more state side easier... especially later in the model year. But buying any new car cause it's a great deal is a bit silly... it just means we couldn't sell it for $1 more to the last person.
      Volvo Sales Guy
      VCOA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne T5 View Post
      My V60 OSD was 8% off MSRP. I couldn't find close to that at the dealer, I doubt negotiating would bring it that low. Plus the trip involves free plane tickets and "free" car rental for 2 weeks which is worth an additional $4,000 or so. So OSD is a lot cheaper.

I have seen heavily discounted XC90s and, last year, heavily discounted V90s that might beat OSD pricing even taking into account the free plane tickets etc. My local dealership is selling their test drive V60 at an extreme discount that beats OSD prices.
      Last edited by ap17; 02-18-2020 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DFrantz View Post
      It depends on the model rebates from Volvo too. Getting 8% off a V60 that has no rebates isn't going to happen unless they have pretty significant fees hidden in the back end or some other tricky marketing gimmicks.... On a car like an XC90.. 100% about the trip because the rebates make saving more state side easier... especially later in the model year. But buying any new car cause it's a great deal is a bit silly... it just means we couldn't sell it for $1 more to the last person.
      I have a question:

I ordered a 2020 V60 Cross-Country with B & W speakers and Advanced Package (but not pro package) for June 18 pick-up date. B & W speakers are not available for base trim on other Volvos. I've heard that I may get a 2021 due t0 my late delivery date. If Volvo changes V60 CC for 2021 so it's on the Momentum/R-Design/Inscription track, how would it work with my choice of speakers? They aren't available for Momentum trim Volvos. Would they give me an Inscription which would be an upgrade for me because I did not order the Pro Package? That would be wonderful! Or would they somehow stick the B & W speakers onto my Momentum trip 2021 V60 Cross Country (which I wouldn't mind either)?

You can't order more than 6 months out... You're going to be getting a 21 for September.
      DFrantz..Suppose I made me deposit for a V6- R 2020 on March 1 for delivery on September 1 (this is 6 months) will I get a 2021? Or does the factory have the right to reject the order? Could this strategy blow up and I end up with a 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by ap17 View Post
      My V60 OSD was 8% off MSRP. I couldn't find close to that at the dealer, I doubt negotiating would bring it that low. Plus the trip involves free plane tickets and "free" car rental for 2 weeks which is worth an additional $4,000 or so. So OSD is a lot cheaper.

I have seen heavily discounted XC90s and, last year, heavily discounted V90s that might beat OSD pricing even taking into account the free plane tickets etc. My local dealership is selling their test drive V60 at an extreme discount that beats OSD prices.
      Just depends on your situation, getting a newly released car with very specific options OSD is the way to go, and if you were already planning a trip to Europe even better.
      Past: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60R M, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD, '05 V70R GT
      Present: '95 854 T-5R, '06 XC70, '15 XC70 T6, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

We agree that the combination of the trip AND the discount AND being able to have everything you want and none of what you don't want makes OSD a great way to buy a Volvo.

DFrantz..Suppose I made me deposit for a V6- R 2020 on March 1 for delivery on September 1 (this is 6 months) will I get a 2021? Or does the factory have the right to reject the order? Could this strategy blow up and I end up with a 2020?
      They can not place an overseas delivery order for a car they don't have allocation for... they would have to get one from Volvo and Volvo will be done building the 2020s well before September. So you can't lock in 2020 pricing if you're not going until well into the 2021 model year. You'll end up putting an order in for as soon as the 21's open up. I don't see a V60 R design showing up at a dealer past May. They are a pretty rare build, so it's not a bad thing to be trying to lock that in as soon as the 2021 slots open up.
      Volvo Sales Guy
      VCOA Member

They can not place an overseas delivery order for a car they don't have allocation for... they would have to get one from Volvo and Volvo will be done building the 2020s well before September. So you can't lock in 2020 pricing if you're not going until well into the 2021 model year. You'll end up putting an order in for as soon as the 21's open up. I don't see a V60 R design showing up at a dealer past May. They are a pretty rare build, so it's not a bad thing to be trying to lock that in as soon as the 2021 slots open up.
      Now I understand...I'll be lucky just to get the delivery date I want on a 2021 built as I want on the date I want. Ok...now I understand...Thank you...I am sure it will be days before my sales person tell me this. LOL.....

You don't have to pick up your OSD immediately after it has been manufactured. So it's possible to get a 2020 model for a pick-up when the 2021s are being made. Check the OSD website for the max time you can wait to pick up your new car.

OSD is a great program and adds a layer of fun to purchasing the exact car you want.

Now I understand...I'll be lucky just to get the delivery date I want on a 2021 built as I want on the date I want. Ok...now I understand...Thank you...I am sure it will be days before my sales person tell me this. LOL.....
      I think they'll be able to get you one. I've been with Volvo for just under 2 years. Sometimes it's a pain cause things like this are so rare, however, our Volvo rep has been super helpful in making things happen. Volvo USA is a very flexible company compared to my previous experiences. Like I said, I got a V60 inscription for someone just last week (2020) and I don't have any such allocation. Volvo made it happen for me and they've done so in the past.
      Volvo Sales Guy
      VCOA Member

I can confirm that the maximum pick up date is 6 months. I don't know if that is from the deposit date or the confirmation date. I am thinking it is the deposit date. Anyone know for sure? Since the V60 R in the USA isn't that popular I doubt they will make the USA approved version and have it sitting around waiting for a buyer like me in Bursting Blue w/18" wheels and the Advanced Package. Likely I'll be ordering a 20121 as soon as possible and hope they can come close to my desired delivery date. I wanted to see Sweden/Norway while it is still green from summer so I hope and wait. Don't get me wrong living happily in New Hampshire for nearly 40 years I truly love snow. But for some variety I think Northern Europe in temps above 60F will be nice. It can be winter there in late September and early October, just like in New Hampshire. Time will tell as others have advised. It is often a long wait till the planning dept gets back to the dealer with documents of the scheduled production of made for USA V60 R's. I'll try to have a busy summer so time will pass quickly. Maybe I'll find a good deal on take off wheels and snow tires while I wait????

Forum Sponsor
      Just a reminder for those thinking of placing an OSD Order - our Tire/Whee promotion is still active, so be sure to take advantage!

LIMITED TIME ONLY OFFER:
      Place your Overseas Delivery order through Steingold Volvo Cars in Pawtucket, RI, and we'll include the following VIP Protection Plan at NO CHARGE!

Volvo VIP Tire & Wheel Protection Bundle Plan
      60 Months/Unlimited Miles
      Premium Coverage
      Retail Value: $953.00

Learn more: https://www.steingold.com/overseas-delivery.htm

I can confirm that the maximum pick up date is 6 months. I don't know if that is from the deposit date or the confirmation date. I am thinking it is the deposit date. Anyone know for sure? Since the V60 R in the USA isn't that popular I doubt they will make the USA approved version and have it sitting around waiting for a buyer like me in Bursting Blue w/18" wheels and the Advanced Package. Likely I'll be ordering a 20121 as soon as possible and hope they can come close to my desired delivery date. I wanted to see Sweden/Norway while it is still green from summer so I hope and wait. Don't get me wrong living happily in New Hampshire for nearly 40 years I truly love snow. But for some variety I think Northern Europe in temps above 60F will be nice. It can be winter there in late September and early October, just like in New Hampshire. Time will tell as others have advised. It is often a long wait till the planning dept gets back to the dealer with documents of the scheduled production of made for USA V60 R's. I'll try to have a busy summer so time will pass quickly. Maybe I'll find a good deal on take off wheels and snow tires while I wait????
      Having just placed an OSD order on 01-28-2020 for a 2020 V90 CC the order itself can't be placed any sooner than 6 months prior to your "Requested Delivery Date". My requested Delivery Date is 07-13-2020 and my Dealer told me that it's up to Volvo whether I get a MY2020 or a MY2021. If they fill the order with a 2021 it would be at no additional charge to me. I just received confirmation of the OSD Order from Volvo on 02-10-2020 and it states that it's a MY2020.

Quote Originally Posted by ragu View Post
      Having just placed an OSD order on 01-28-2020 for a 2020 V90 CC the order itself can't be placed any sooner than 6 months prior to your "Requested Delivery Date". My requested Delivery Date is 07-13-2020 and my Dealer told me that it's up to Volvo whether I get a MY2020 or a MY2021. If they fill the order with a 2021 it would be at no additional charge to me. I just received confirmation of the OSD Order from Volvo on 02-10-2020 and it states that it's a MY2020.
      What was the nature of your confirmation? I placed an order on 1-27-2020; the travel agency has gotten in touch with me but I haven't gotten confirmation of the Volvo wit model year and color. Should I reach out to someone?

Quote Originally Posted by ap17 View Post
      What was the nature of your confirmation? I placed an order on 1-27-2020; the travel agency has gotten in touch with me but I haven't gotten confirmation of the Volvo wit model year and color. Should I reach out to someone?
      It was an email from "Overseas Sales" confirming the car that I ordered, options and "Requested Delivery Date", to sign and return the "Volvo Overseas Delivery Order Document". I would contact your Dealer if you haven't received this. But on my end I haven't received any communication from AdTrav but the email does instruct me how to contact them.

I would appreciate it if we could continue comparing notes/experiences. Just when is your "Requested Delivery Date"?

Quote Originally Posted by ragu View Post
      It was an email from "Overseas Sales" confirming the car that I ordered, options and "Requested Delivery Date", to sign and return the "Volvo Overseas Delivery Order Document". I would contact your Dealer if you haven't received this. But on my end I haven't received any communication from AdTrav but the email does instruct me how to contact them.

I would appreciate it if we could continue comparing notes/experiences. Just when is your "Requested Delivery Date"?
      Thank you! I checked and I did indeed get this document, on January 29th. I recall making several electronic signatures but didn't think about the specifics. My requested delivery is for June 18th.

My first e-mail from AdTrav arrived on February 12th. I filled out the passport info for all travelers and the requested dates and places I'd like to fly from, as well as additional info such as our basic plans (I let them know that due to my wife's work at a hospital she has no flexibility with dates due to coverage issues). I didn't speak to anyone yet - they requested I make an appointment for a half hour "Initial Discovery Consultation"; the earliest appointment was March 3rd.

I'd contact them if they haven't gotten in touch yet (I left the number at work otherwise I'd post it here).

Comparing notes sounds like a good idea.
      Last edited by ap17; 02-19-2020 at 08:13 AM.

26. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements