My21 xc60
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My21 xc60

My21 xc60

Itís out and you can find more info at Volvo official website...
      -wireless phone charging
      -air cleaning particulates and more options..

Already mentioned this at XC90 forum, but itís worth mentioning it here too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      XC90 MY20 B5 Inscription
      Onyx Black - Amber Nappa Ventilated Seats - BLIS - Volvo Guard Alarm - 4 C Active Suspension -Sport Pedals - Illuminated Tailgate Scuff Plate - Sports Heated Steering Wheel - HomeLinkģ, Interior rear view mirror with autodim and compass
      Packs: Light - Media & Sound - Park Assist - 360į - Winter - Xenium - Seat - Anti-Terror Window Films

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Does it come with Pilot Assist with better curve handling and speed adjustment?

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 236+k miles

Are 2021's being delivered or is it that you can order them now if you are in certain countries? Nothing shows on the US website but the accessories on the international website are interesting - even fabric seats for Inscription trim.
      2001 V70, 2.4T White/blond (outgoing)
      2020 XC60 T8, Inscription White/blond (incoming - sometime)

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Months away..
      2020 xc60 "Polestar Engineered", crystal white.
      2019 xc40 T5-R Bursting Blue Premium & Advanced Packs.

Donít see it on the USA site. Where are you seeing it?

Quote Originally Posted by xgman View Post
      Months away..
      That's what I thought but when I see "It's out" I start to wonder. So I wonder why the configurator for some countries are showing it? Is the factory that builds their cars booked so far out that any new orders just need to be 2021s? Just curious in case someone has more information.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfiend View Post
      That's what I thought but when I see "It's out" I start to wonder. So I wonder why the configurator for some countries are showing it? Is the factory that builds their cars booked so far out that any new orders just need to be 2021s? Just curious in case someone has more information.
      For what it's worth my lead time, assuming the car gets to me in April, will have been eight months!

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorAce View Post
      For what it's worth my lead time, assuming the car gets to me in April, will have been eight months!
      What type of car? Do you know if it's coming from China? I remember seeing that with the move of XC60s for the US to Sweden that at least some of the ones for Europe were coming from around the world - which seems so very wrong.

As far as the 2021 thing, I can almost see them saying "Woops! We've hit a major production snag" with the virus outbreak in China and deciding that new orders from countries that would be supplied from there are just not going to be filled until after the model year changeover.

I am curious the spec seems announced so early for Europe. MY21 usually will start production late April and arrive this Fall for US. Europe will see it also in Fall. Looks to me order book is not open for MY21. But seems no big changes anyways other than the B mild hybrid power train.

The OP is referencing an international site. It does show the build there and, indeed, there is an optional Qi charger. It looks identical to the ones that you get on Amazon and snap into the front 12v charger.

The illustrated SENSUS is the current version, not the Google-based one some of us are excited about.

Also, I couldn't find any non-hybrid petrol engines on that site.
      2019 XC60 T6 Inscription Pine Gray Ext/Maroon (brown) Int

This is extremely disappointing (to me at least) if the 2021 models will still be using the old Sensus system rather than the one built on top of the Android Automotive platform. I've been holding out on that and focused mainly on Volvo, but if this is at least another year and a half away I'll have to start at least considering other options. Doesn't necessarily rule Volvo out for me, but I was really excited about that.

I will be disappointed too, if this turns out to be the case. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

If this is true, looks like gas-only powered T5 & T6 powerplant options are being phased out across entire model range as of MY21, to be replaced with mild-hybrid "B" versions. No new exterior paint colors
      2019 S60 T6 R-design Polestar / Fusion Red / Black
      2018 XC60 T8 AWD Inscription Vision Lux Air / Fusion Red / Black
      past:
      2018 S60 T5 Dynamic Sport Vision Nav / Onyx Black / Black
      2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum Sport BLIS / Power Blue / Blond|Black
      2014 S60 T5 Prem Plus Sport BLIS Xenons / Ember Black / Beechwood

From what I'm seeing... our last 2020 is slated to arrive at dealer in mid may, I have no open order slots for 2021 yet.

2021 will be current Sensus for all except for XC40 electric. 2022 XC90 should see the upgrade and I think most of the rest by 2023. But during the XC40 recharge training they def showed a staggered intro to the android system, which is a shame.
      Volvo Sales Guy
      VCOA Member

Sadly, that makes good sense. I'm guessing that (if Geely is on the same five year cycle as the rest of industry), 2023 would be the XC60 successor to the SPA platform. So, they can build the new system into the next generation.

When I purchased my Volvo, SENSUS was competitive with all the other big boys. Now, SENSUS is at the bottom of the back. BMW will have wireless Android Auto and Carplay, Audi is finally implementing a touch screen, and M-B has a new system that is lightyears ahead of COMMAND.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkabout View Post
      Sadly, that makes good sense. I'm guessing that (if Geely is on the same five year cycle as the rest of industry), 2023 would be the XC60 successor to the SPA platform. So, they can build the new system into the next generation.

When I purchased my Volvo, SENSUS was competitive with all the other big boys. Now, SENSUS is at the bottom of the back. BMW will have wireless Android Auto and Carplay, Audi is finally implementing a touch screen, and M-B has a new system that is lightyears ahead of COMMAND.
      Geely is on two or three year cycle, like other car makers in China. People there like new models every year. LynkCO 01 has switched to Android based HMI after two years. Anyhow, Volvo is following the update cycle in Europe and US.

They are not converting cars into cellphone on wheel, which gets software update two years the latest.

Get a carplaywifi whatever is called for 150$ and you got yourself a nice turnaround if thats what youíre worried about..
      But I get your disappointment in general.
      In Volvoís defense.. donít fix what ainít broken.. no?

Current: 2020 Volvo XC60 R-Design, 2018 Volvo XC40 R-Design
      Previous: 2009 Volvo C70, 2006 Volvo XC60, 2003 Saab 9-5, 1999 Mitsubishi FTO, 1998 Land Rover Freelander, 1995 Suzuki Swift Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by DFrantz View Post
      From what I'm seeing... our last 2020 is slated to arrive at dealer in mid may, I have no open order slots for 2021 yet.

2021 will be current Sensus for all except for XC40 electric. 2022 XC90 should see the upgrade and I think most of the rest by 2023. But during the XC40 recharge training they def showed a staggered intro to the android system, which is a shame.
      As a salesman you should know that no car factory puts new systems in the old model. Only when it comes to facelift or near new model
      The XC40 recharge is a new model that has not yet gone on sale, so it's normal to have a new system

It's just not clear to me why Volvo didn't implement Goggle Maps into the system when there was already an internet in the car like Audi did. You can choose from: factory navigation or Google maps
      Last edited by BigBang; 02-18-2020 at 05:00 PM.
      2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

Quote Originally Posted by stocis View Post
      Get a carplaywifi whatever is called for 150$ and you got yourself a nice turnaround if thats what youíre worried about..
      But I get your disappointment in general.
      In Volvoís defense.. donít fix what ainít broken.. no?

I use Android, not apple, and really couldn't care less about wired vs wireless solutions (at least in the Volvo). SENSUS' implementation of any smartphone based system leaves a lot to be desired, because the vertical orientation of the screen means you are resigned to a small sub window.

All that said, its a good suggestion given that I did highlight the wireless part of things in my earlier post (which is to say that I appreciate your input).

Neither AA or Carplay is a good substitute for what Volvo has planned (a full rework of SENSUS to the new Google based system) and is already being implemented in the newer XC40 recharge.

SENSUS is "broke" in the sense that it has fallen behind all the competition. It was always inferior to iDrive - but BMW lagged on Android Auto (now fixed). It wasn't as good as Audi's system - but Audi was held back by the lack of a touchscreen (also fixed).

Volvo recognizes the problem. That's why they invested in the development of a new system that will eventually be across the full model line.
      Last edited by Walkabout; 02-18-2020 at 05:27 PM.

I use Android, not apple.
      From what I've read elsewhere, the new version of Sensus that is being built on the Android platform will also handle Apple Carplay.
      2018 XC60 Momentum T8 (OSD March 2018)

That's because virtually all manufacturers prioritize Europe because of how their dealer model is structured. US dealers, for the most part, have bulk sales, with lots that have a variety of models waiting to be sold. European dealers are mostly an "order on demand" model. They may have one, maybe two, of each model on display, but they typically don't carry stock available for immediate sale.

So when there's a MY changeover, they can start ordering before a car has even left the production line, so that sales can continue without a pause. In the US, dealers can fall back on remaining stock while they await the next bulk shipment of the new MY cars.

Quote Originally Posted by skibum50 View Post
      From what I've read elsewhere, the new version of Sensus that is being built on the Android platform will also handle Apple Carplay.
      Most likely, but nothing I wrote is in contradiction.

There are numerous Android based systems already on the market (iDrive had an Android kernel) that work with carplay.

There are not likely to be any modern infotainment systems that don't support AA and Carplay in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by nbvolks View Post
      That's because virtually all manufacturers prioritize Europe because of how their dealer model is structured. US dealers, for the most part, have bulk sales, with lots that have a variety of models waiting to be sold. European dealers are mostly an "order on demand" model. They may have one, maybe two, of each model on display, but they typically don't carry stock available for immediate sale.

So when there's a MY changeover, they can start ordering before a car has even left the production line, so that sales can continue without a pause. In the US, dealers can fall back on remaining stock while they await the next bulk shipment of the new MY cars.
      You have forgotten two important things: prices in Europe are much higher which means higher profits for Volvo and sales in Europe 200% higher 108k vs 337k
      2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

I use Android, not apple, and really couldn't care less about wired vs wireless solutions (at least in the Volvo). SENSUS' implementation of any smartphone based system leaves a lot to be desired, because the vertical orientation of the screen means you are resigned to a small sub window.

All that said, its a good suggestion given that I did highlight the wireless part of things in my earlier post (which is to say that I appreciate your input).

Neither AA or Carplay is a good substitute for what Volvo has planned (a full rework of SENSUS to the new Google based system) and is already being implemented in the newer XC40 recharge.

SENSUS is "broke" in the sense that it has fallen behind all the competition. It was always inferior to iDrive - but BMW lagged on Android Auto (now fixed). It wasn't as good as Audi's system - but Audi was held back by the lack of a touchscreen (also fixed).

Volvo recognizes the problem. That's why they invested in the development of a new system that will eventually be across the full model line.
      Mercedes Benz is light years ahead of the rest it seems. Googled their infotainment system and dear lord, Volvo looks like an archaic dinosaur.

Quote Originally Posted by MyVolvoS60 View Post
      Mercedes Benz is light years ahead of the rest it seems. Googled their infotainment system and dear lord, Volvo looks like an archaic dinosaur.
      This is a new system at Mercedes

Audi is in MY2016 made the MMI system, which is more advanced in every sense of the Volvo MY2018
      And at the end of 2019, he further enhanced it by adding the missing touchscreen
      This is a video that shows the possibilities of change on the driver's display, which is completely limited in Volvo (You have only two options: with or without navigation, that is all

2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

Quote Originally Posted by MyVolvoS60 View Post
      I've not tried the M-B system but I have used the Audi and BMW systems and they are super to SENSUS.

In all honesty, the system in Fords and Chryslers are super to SENSUS as well.

I like SENSUS overall (despite a few dumb features) but Volvo is falling behind.

The fact that both of my leases are up in mid/late 2022 means, with my luck, I'll be getting the old Sensus on at least 1 of the cars...F that.
      His: Osmium Grey - 2019 S60 T6 R-Design AWD, Polestar, Advanced, 19" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Hers: Onyx Black - 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD, Maroon Brown, Advanced, Luxury, 20" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Lemon Law Buyback thread

Quote Originally Posted by rumyn View Post
      The fact that both of my leases are up in mid/late 2022 means, with my luck, I'll be getting the old Sensus on at least 1 of the cars...F that.

Maybe the XC90 will get the new Sensus before the XC60... which means you'll have a great excuse to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Holeydonut View Post
      Maybe the XC90 will get the new Sensus before the XC60... which means you'll have a great excuse to upgrade.
      Hopefully

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
      His: Osmium Grey - 2019 S60 T6 R-Design AWD, Polestar, Advanced, 19" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Hers: Onyx Black - 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD, Maroon Brown, Advanced, Luxury, 20" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Lemon Law Buyback thread

I guess I have a different perspective on Sensus than many of you here... I bought a 2018 XC60 brand new in August of 2018. After using the Sensus interface for about a year-and-a-half, I must say that I really like it a lot. There is no disputing the fact that it is quite slow booting up (25-30 secs for me) and maybe even a little slow for the first minute or so of operation. Besides that, which I realize is a huge annoyance for many people, it seems great to me and generally responds very quickly to touch commands. I actually really like the minimalistic look and feel and am not someone who likes too much technology in my face, especially when driving. The navigation, which I use a lot when I'm on the road for work, is smooth and easy (other than the voice commands being a little slow when entering an address), it interfaces with my iPhone well for phone calls, and the AM/FM/SiriusXM functions well for me. I don't have any 3rd party apps downloaded, so I cannot comment on that. I'm not really sure what else I would want it to do... I, for one, hate busyness and really appreciate the elegant simplicity of Sensus, whether achieved by accident or design. It seems to fit what Volvo is going for in the SPA designs. The only thing I would change is a physical button for the temperature controls and auto start/stop. Just my thoughts...

I've read these comments with some confusion. If it does everything you need it to do easily enough, who cares if someone else has a snazzier version? The only things that our 2001 V70 doesn't do that I wish it did are navigation (though I'm OK using my phone) and backup cameras. Is there a way to adjust the temperature? OK. The heated seat? Yep. Heated steering wheel? Yep (and both the seat and steering wheel controls are easier to find than on the Altima I recently rented.) Defroster/deicer? Yep.

For me it seems easy to navigate - not intuitive, per se, but in keeping with my phone and iPad. Most likely I'll set everything up and pretty much leave it there except under extreme circumstances.

Of course I'm only going from multiple test drives but it seemed to work the same way I work with the V70 - set things up before taking off and don't worry about them thereafter except to maybe turn down a seat/steering wheel. Really looking forward to the backup camera!

Quote Originally Posted by JackH78 View Post
      I guess I have a different perspective on Sensus than many of you here... I bought a 2018 XC60 brand new in August of 2018. After using the Sensus interface for about a year-and-a-half, I must say that I really like it a lot. There is no disputing the fact that it is quite slow booting up (25-30 secs for me) and maybe even a little slow for the first minute or so of operation. Besides that, which I realize is a huge annoyance for many people, it seems great to me and generally responds very quickly to touch commands. I actually really like the minimalistic look and feel and am not someone who likes too much technology in my face, especially when driving. The navigation, which I use a lot when I'm on the road for work, is smooth and easy (other than the voice commands being a little slow when entering an address), it interfaces with my iPhone well for phone calls, and the AM/FM/SiriusXM functions well for me. I don't have any 3rd party apps downloaded, so I cannot comment on that. I'm not really sure what else I would want it to do... I, for one, hate busyness and really appreciate the elegant simplicity of Sensus, whether achieved by accident or design. It seems to fit what Volvo is going for in the SPA designs. The only thing I would change is a physical button for the temperature controls and auto start/stop. Just my thoughts...
      Agree Sensus is pretty good. I don't need to change anything right after starting. The first minute I am quite focused on moving out parking spot and getting on road.

However you must be a master for entering address by voice. I'd never imagine that, mission impossible to me.

SENSUS is not bad. However, the voice commands are a joke and there are way too many clicks and swipes for some basic tasks.

My complaints with early 2019 Sensus are:
      Far too slow to boot. While it is getting started it seems to be single threaded no excuse for that nowadays,needs a faster cpu, more memory and a better o/s.
      Grace notes. I have all my music on USB drives arranged in Windows directories. Grace notes ignores all that for its own weird idea of how music should be arranged. Had I known how bad it was I might have bought another Audi instead of the Volvo...yes it matters that much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by timlocke View Post
      Grace notes. I have all my music on USB drives arranged in Windows directories. Grace notes ignores all that for its own weird idea of how music should be arranged.
      I do the same. Looking at the XC60 to replace my Grand Cherokee Overland. Is there any way to disable the Grace note function so it doesn't reorganize the folder structure?

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast