SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

V60 Storage Space & Jacket Hanger

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  GordonCs 
#1 ·
So my V60 Polestar arrived, loving it so far. Two things:

1 - Anyone have creative ideas for storage space? Im debating ordering the ashtray cup holder to put my spare change into. The arm rest storage is so minimal, currently im putting my sunglasses in the glovebox.

2 - Checking around for a suit jacket / jacket hanger. Our headrest I don't think will facilitate any of the cheap ones from amazon and volvo doesn't appear to have one available unless I missed it in the accessories list. Anyone using one or been successful? Hoping to find one I can attach easily then detach when the kids are in the car.

Thanks!

#2 ·
For#2 I had o e I got in Germany that I used in my last 4 cars. However as it mounts to the headrest rails and our cars don’t have them or in at least in the traditional design so it does not work.

#3 ·
Hi there. I went ahead and bought the storage tray for my V60 through Amazon. It fits perfectly. It's from China so it will take a few weeks to get to you. While the V60 is not shown - I think it says it fits an XC60, it works fine with the V60.
I also bought the sunglass holder that replaces the hand grip on the driver's side - yes, Amazon. My Maui Jim's fits nicely in there and it is very convenient. For the phone, I bought two side mesh panels - again from Amazon. Just a note that the adhesive is completely useless. I used gorilla glue to attach to the driver and passenger transmission tunnel side wells. Since I use CarPlay almost exclusively, I can slip the tethered phone into it and not worry about the phone sliding around or not having a place to store it when you are using the cup holders.

Hope this helps

#6 ·
For the phone, I bought two side mesh panels - again from Amazon. Just a note that the adhesive is completely useless. I used gorilla glue to attach to the driver and passenger transmission tunnel side wells. Since I use CarPlay almost exclusively, I can slip the tethered phone into it and not worry about the phone sliding around or not having a place to store it when you are using the cup holders.

Hope this helps
Isn't the slot at the front of the center console supposed to be for putting your phone in? It even has an opening into the center compartment so you can run the cable into the USB port.

#4 · (Edited)
The front little tray in the center is already for change, 2 large cup holders then a decent sized center console space. Also remember the door pockets are pretty large as well, that's where my glasses go. My water bottle goes in one cup holder, my phone in the space in front of the cup holders. Volvo also makes a glasses holder that replaces the handle above your head on the left.

I guess I just don't understand the storage complaints....there's plenty in my mind. You just have to be comfortable using the door-storage as well.

#5 ·
The front little tray in the center is already for change, 2 large cup holders then a decent sized center console space. Also remember the door pockets are pretty large as well, that's where my glasses go. My water bottle goes in one cup holder, my phone in the other. Volvo also makes a glasses holder that replaces the handle above your head on the left.

I guess I just don't understand the storage complaints....there's plenty in my mind. You just have to be comfortable using the door-storage as well.
In the V60, at least in the polestar, I have no little change/ash tray. The cup holders are smaller than my XC90. Also, the center console, its only 1" deep. They needed the space for the T8 system under the center of the car.

The door pockets are small, right now if I put a sunglasses case in the front of it, it comes almost to the top of the pocket. I can probably fit 2-3 pairs lengthwise.

#8 ·
Definitely get the glasses holder, unless you have a need for the grab handle it's wasted space. Convenient place to keep your sunglasses. Toss your backups in the glovebox. For the phone I always pick up a pro-clip (https://www.proclipusa.com/product/proclip-volvo-xc60-console-mount). I can't have loose stuff floating around in the console I take the corners way too fast ha.

If you're hanging a jacket you might just have to keep a hanger in the car and use the rear hook. I did have a sweet Lexus headrest one in my old Lexus that folded up when not used. But I am fairly tall so my jacket was long enough to touch the floor and that can be a bad thing if passengers track dirt in the car.

#11 ·
The cup holders, center console storage and slot is on the hybrids. It might be different on the diesels / gasoline cars. Maybe it is the gear shifter that dictates

#12 ·
Yes its a nicely integrated phone stand basically. Its right behind the 2 cup holders, right in front of the arm rest. You can put the charging cable into the phone and rest it in the cradle sitting upright then plug the cable into one of the USB ports in the arm rest.

#14 ·
Organized Obie is the brand. 4" X 9" size - Framed Mesh net pocket. The gorilla glue on the panels did not work as well as I had hoped. These are better. It come with screws which do screw in to the side panels with a little bit of effort. Great place for me to store my iphone when connected to CarPlay. Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.