SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Need your opinion

6K views 63 replies 12 participants last post by  salv1983 
#1 ·
Hey Guys i bought a set of OEM Polestar Rims from the previous gen S60.
I was going to just pop them on and roll, but was wondering what you guys think. should i keep them the way they are, or should i make them look more like the the new Gen with the 2 tone, gloss black interoir and gloss aluminum exterior bits?
heres an example i was able to put together for visual...

See less See more
#4 ·
With birch, I’d lean towards the 2-tone black version you created. Would look sharp. (vs. on a P3 in rebel blue, I’d go the original color all the way)

FYI - your attachment isn’t showing to me, did you attach using advanced or just quick reply

#8 ·
I forgot what car specifications you got again? Those will just mount up without an issue? If I could ask how much did they cost you?

Also I would go option 2 as well

#9 ·
I forgot what car specifications you got again? Those will just mount up without an issue? If I could ask how much did they cost you?

Also I would go option 2 as well
for teh mounting your guess is as good as mine... some members are saying i need to buy spacers, which ill forsure buy if needed. in terms of clearance, it should fit given the fact that the T8 has a 20" wheel option??
i paid $1000 for the rims and bought new tires for $500

#14 ·
Very interested in fitment. I would say before you spend the money and re-surface the wheels put them on and see if they fit if you do please take pictures because I might pick up the same sad if they fit right

#17 ·
Looks like those previous gen wheels are +53mm offset https://www.vivaperformance.com/genuine-volvo-20-polestar-wheel-2017-year/

I believe your stock wheels are +42mm offset https://www.1800everyrim.com/Volvo-...Machined-with-Black-5-Y-Spoke-70469-Wheel-Rim

They are the same width (8") so you don't have to do any math, to maintain the same scrub radius and general clearance as stock, you'd need a 9mm spacer, but a readily available 10mm spacer should do. You'll need longer wheel bolts to go with the spacers.

For tires the 245/35/20 spec'd for the Polestar will be taller than your 235/45/18 stock tire. The wider 245 might have some suspension clearance issues. You might consider a 245/30 or 235/35 but tire availability in those sizes may dictate what your options are.

#18 · (Edited)
You think that the 245/35/20 from polestar won't work on a S60 / V60 ? I'm very interested now as I was thinking about going 20 on the rims and was told to go with 245/40/20

When I look at the comparison for my stock wheels and the 20" if I go from 235/45/19 to 245/40/20 the 20" tire will be taller by 0.39 mm / less then 1/2 of a mm... Do we think this spec. would create clearance issue?

#19 ·
It looks like it will work, if the SPA Polestar uses a 245/35/20 and Viva shows that wheel as a +42mm offset, and we assume there are no suspension geometry differences (and by my cursory checks everything but the springs and shocks are the same on a P*) than whatever dimensions that tire and wheel are should fit, given in this case (using the previous gen +53 wheel) one corrects for the offset with a spacer.

Now the CC, I don't know how the lift is done, is it all taller shock/spring or is the subframe spaced, that could have an effect but you'd probably have more fender clearance to work with a taller tire, looks like it has a slightly taller tire already (235/45/19 vs 235/40/19 non-CC).

#22 ·
Now the CC, I don't know how the lift is done, is it all taller shock/spring or is the subframe spaced, that could have an effect but you'd probably have more fender clearance to work with a taller tire, looks like it has a slightly taller tire already (235/45/19 vs 235/40/19 non-CC).
Now this is excellent question, if I want to drop the car will need to know more on this.

#31 ·
It must be true because it's on the Internet ?*♂... go to Volvo website or call a dealership.

Today most of these car websites reviews are all fake without any real time in front of the car, speculations that are not clearly communicate as such or created by teenagers without a drivers license.

As for spacers this is for offset, mainly to help with caliper clearance and to shift the tire more in and out. You will still need the spacer regardless of the tire to keep stock rim location.

#30 ·
I have no idea how to calculate the sizes and dimensions, but the ties and rims my V60 T8 polestar came with are 19s. And when I went to get winter wheels, the 42mm offset wasn't enough to clear the calipers. I still need a 5mm spacer so I could have 2mm of clearance.

#37 ·
What did you buy so far? There are some really good tire/wheel shops in Montreal that deal with higher end cars that could help you out. Also, I could provide you with the name of the place I dealt with, but you'll need to travel the 2 hours to Ottawa. Do you have an S60 P*?

#48 ·
#49 ·
Either wheel looks good to me. Might I suggest that whatever option you decide on you should consider spraying a few coats of this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W2D806Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

I sprayed four coats on my stock rims because I didn't care for the matte black. I'm really pleased with the way the shiny black makes the (now) shiny silver pop. I used two cans on four 20" rims and had

That looks awesome man!! I've been trying to get that spray forever!! They do t ship it to canada :(

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.