Any impact from corona virus on march/April OSD deliveries ?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Any impact from corona virus on march/April OSD deliveries ?

With all the troubles in China, are OSD March/April/May deliveries impacted or at risk ?

/kleks

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I haven't heard of any issues or rumors as of yet. I'll ask a salesman tomorrow. Plants in China are pretty far from Wuhan. But as that virus spreads who knows.
      2011 S60 T6 Ember Black/Off Black, P* Tune, TDI-Tuning Box, DO88 Intercooler, IPD DP, Simons Sport Exhaust, IPD rear sway bar, H&R Springs, Bilstein B8's, 19" Polestar Wheels, 90mm Wheel Studs

I have an upcoming OSD order for an XC90 this May. I recently emailed the FDC about ordering certain accessories and I also asked them if the coronavirus outbreak in China would mess with my delivery. The response: "The virus situation in China will not affect your car delivery."

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Cool.

I will ping OSD in March, about a month before pickup date and will update this thread if there are any changes - my delivery is 4/20.

/kleks

I have a scheduled XC40 pick-up on March 16th. No information that anything has changed for me yet. A few cases of the Coronavirus in Sweden and Denmark but they don't say which cities. We plan on spending time in Copenhagen, Gothenburg and Stockholm.

I received an email from the FDC today confirming my requests for a specific pickup time from the Clarion Hotel Post as well as the actual delivery time of our XC40 at the FDC so I can only assume that scheduled OSD deliveries are not impacted by COVID-19, at least for now. My delivery date is 4/28. BTW...after sending an email to the FDC with my requests, I received a response from them the same day. Great service!
      Dec 2016 OSD: 2017 XC90 T6 Inscription | Magic Blue | Amber | Vision | Conv | B&W | 21" Wheels | HUD | Polestar
      Was Apr, now Sept 2020 OSD (pending): 2020 XC40 T5 Momentum | Ice White | Charcoal Textile | Advanced | Multimedia | Premium

Quote Originally Posted by maxchi View Post
      I received an email from the FDC today confirming my requests for a specific pickup time from the Clarion Hotel Post as well as the actual delivery time of our XC40 at the FDC so I can only assume that scheduled OSD deliveries are not impacted by COVID-19, at least for now. My delivery date is 4/28. BTW...after sending an email to the FDC with my requests, I received a response from them the same day. Great service!
      So far, 14 confirmed cases in Sweden as of today, no deaths. You might want to tag this link: https://infographics.channelnewsasia...id-19/map.html
      I see Pres. Trump raised Italy's travel restriction to level 4, trip to Lake Como has dropped off the todo list for now.

Quote Originally Posted by 808dakine View Post
      So far, 14 confirmed cases in Sweden as of today, no deaths. You might want to tag this link: https://infographics.channelnewsasia...id-19/map.html
      I see Pres. Trump raised Italy's travel restriction to level 4, trip to Lake Como has dropped off the todo list for now.
      I'm actually in Venice, Italy right now and the country itself is at "Level 3". Lombardy and Veneto are at "Level 4" but you can't get in or out of there even if you tried! At the rate things are going though I wouldn't suggest a drive into Italy anytime soon! And we're actually kind of nervous about re-entry into the U.S. at the end of this week! Stay tuned!
      Future: 2021 V90 CC (OSD)
      Current: 2017 Subaru Outback Touring
      Previous: 2005 Volvo V70R
      1971 Triumph Tiger 650 (OSD)

Quote Originally Posted by ragu View Post
      I'm actually in Venice, Italy right now and the country itself is at "Level 3". Lombardy and Veneto are at "Level 4" but you can't get in or out of there even if you tried! At the rate things are going though I wouldn't suggest a drive into Italy anytime soon! And we're actually kind of nervous about re-entry into the U.S. at the end of this week! Stay tuned!
      From Bimmerfest ED Forum:
      "Dear . . . . .

We regret to inform you that all visits from external guests at the Ferrari
      factory in Maranello are suspended until further notice, due to the
      precautionary measures implemented to manage the current coronavirus alert.
      Consequently, your appointment for (date) needs to be cancelled and will be
      replanned. We will provide you with a revised date for your visit in Ferrari as
      soon as possible.

We thank you for your understanding,

Kind regards,"

Quote Originally Posted by rapayn1 View Post
      I have a scheduled XC40 pick-up on March 16th. No information that anything has changed for me yet. A few cases of the Coronavirus in Sweden and Denmark but they don't say which cities. We plan on spending time in Copenhagen, Gothenburg and Stockholm.
      As of this afternoon, 15 cases have been reported in Sweden. Cities of Stockholm, Gothenburg, Jönköping, the Västra Götaland region, and the Uppsala region have been impacted.

Quote Originally Posted by George1989 View Post
      From Bimmerfest ED Forum:
      "Dear . . . . .

soon as possible.

We thank you for your understanding,

Kind regards,"
      Only time will tell if Volvo doesn't soon do the same thing!

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020...ki-trip-italy/

Yikes! Thanks for sharing - I wish they would have mentioned which ski resort - but it would probably have put them out of business for awhile! Tourist spots are already very quiet right now! Our first night in Cortina my wife suffered somewhat from jet lag and once the hotel found out she was sick in her room - we had ordered a bowl of soup via room service - they wasted no time in getting a local Dr. to see her! The Dr. just laughed when he saw her - he could evidently immediately tell that nothing serious was wrong with her!

Quote Originally Posted by Kleks View Post
      With all the troubles in China, are OSD March/April/May deliveries impacted or at risk ?

/kleks
      As of know, no restrictions that I am aware of
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2019 V90 Cross Country Osmium Grey metallic w/ Charcoal L, Advance, Retractable Tow Hitch, Polestar, 19" wheels
      2019 S60 T6 AWD Inscription Black w/ Maroon/Brown L, Advanced, Heated Seats/Steering, Charcoal Headliner, Park Assist Pilot, 4C, Ext Styling Kit, 19" wheels, Polestar

soon as possible.
      lol good thing no one's buying ferraris here.

Yikes! Thanks for sharing - I wish they would have mentioned which ski resort - but it would probably have put them out of business for awhile! Tourist spots are already very quiet right now! Our first night in Cortina my wife suffered somewhat from jet lag and once the hotel found out she was sick in her room - we had ordered a bowl of soup via room service - they wasted no time in getting a local Dr. to see her! The Dr. just laughed when he saw her - he could evidently immediately tell that nothing serious was wrong with her!

Drat! Lombardy region is where Lake Como is and southwest of Stelvio Pass. Two things on my driving bucket list that'll have to be delayed.

Italy Goes Into Nationwide Lockdown as Virus Numbers Spiral
      https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-virus-spreads
      Last edited by George1989; 03-10-2020 at 10:17 AM. Reason: edit title

Italy Goes Into Nationwide Lockdown as Virus Numbers Spiral
      https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-virus-spreads
      Thanks again for the update! Just made it back to the U.S. yesterday from Venice! And surprisingly no issues!

Thanks for the share!

Welcome back to the homeland. Not to be doom and gloom, but re-post this in 14 days.

Telecon with Barbara (Volvo OSD)

/kleks
      I have an OSD scheduled for 3/26. In a telephone conference call today with Barbara and my sales person, Barbara stated Volvo is sending an email out to people with deliveries scheduled "in the near future". The email is to outline options available in case one chooses not to travel due to Coronavirus concerns. Standing by for said email.

Trump will suspend all US travel to and from Europe for next 30 days effective Friday, March 13.

My flights are April 18th.. that will be fun months to watch.

/kleks

Trump will suspend all US travel to and from Europe for next 30 days effective Friday, March 13.

My flights are April 18th.. that will be fun months to watch.

/kleks
      Volvo supposedly going to send out an email with options for those with delivery "in the near future" who do not want to travel.

Chiming in here after the recent travel ban to Europe.

We are watching the situation closely as we have a May 11 delivery date and were planning a 2 week trip throughout Germany, Switzerland, and Austria (Italy was on the list but it has been scrubbed at the moment.

I emailed back the FDC at Volvo to see what the options are if a travel ban prevents us from making our delivery date since this is outside of our control. My wife and I have never been to Europe so we have been really looking forward to this trip.

Trump will suspend all US travel (FIFY) from Europe for next 30 days
      you can go, and just stay for 30 days, then bring your car back. assuming you have a US passport. :shrug: NBD.

Quote Originally Posted by rnavket View Post

We are watching the situation closely as we have a May 11 delivery date and were planning a 2 week trip throughout Germany, Switzerland, and Austria (Italy was on the list but it has been scrubbed at the moment.

I emailed back the FDC at Volvo to see what the options are if a travel ban prevents us from making our delivery date since this is outside of our control. My wife and I have never been to Europe so we have been really looking forward to this trip.
      Similar situation and would love to know what Volvo says about this.

I have March 30th date for the xc90 and have to contact them as well. Wife is too worried to go with our 10 year old. We did it las year for v90 and it was great and since we are both Europeans we feel like home crossing the pond but this Corona beer is making things a bit complicated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rnavket View Post

I think the travel ban doesn't apply to US citizens or permanent residents.
      Future: 2020 V60 CC Birch Light with Advanced Package and Bowers and Wilkins (OSD summer 2020)
      Current: Subaru Outback 2015, Limited

rkohou - same here, transplant from EU.

Looks like Trump misspoke and US citizens are not prohibited from travelling yet; also no restrictions on goods movement. IMHO, at this point we are risking a 2 weeks delay upon return. OTOH, situation in Norway is worsening rapidly - so it will deserve careful monitoring.
      Let's see what OSD has as a backup option if travels are limited.

/kleks

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...details-126904

"Every American that is returning from Europe will be screened as they return through 13 separate airports, and will be asked to self-quarantine for 14 days... The Department of Homeland Security similarly announced that the ban 'does not apply to legal permanent residents, (generally) immediate family members of U.S. citizens, and other individuals who are identified in the proclamation.' Acting DHS Secretary Chad Wolf said in a statement that he intended to issue a directive 'requiring U.S. passengers that have been in' the affected countries 'to travel through select airports where the U.S. Government has implemented enhanced screening procedures'."

"international trade... will in no way be affected by the 30-day restriction on travel from Europe. The restriction stops people not goods."

Our trip is from April 21 to May 2, so we're not going to panic until something changes and we know for certain that our travel will be interrupted. But it's definitely concerning. American Airlines did issue a statement that any travel that must be cancelled as a result from COVID-19 will be rescheduled if at all possible. So hopefully, at worst, we'll have to postpone our trip and not cancel it entirely.

I do remember a user in another thread mentioning that when something happened to prevent his travel, Volvo offered to ship his car as soon as it was ready and allowed his trip to be rescheduled for another time.
      2020 XC90 Momentum T5 (OSD April 2020 - Delayed May 2021)

I would Strongly urge you to postpone if your trip is in april, by that time the virus will be full blown here in the states. Europe may have already peaked by then but nothing certain.

If your traveling in the next few weeks, be prepared to be quarantined (At a moment's notice) in any European city you visit. The rate of growth in Europe has now surpassed China "Officially". I would not risk getting stuck for a month or two, not to mention the red tape you'll have to go through if the state department needs to get involved (God forbid you do get sick). Traveling to Europe at this time is almost as risky as hopping on a super discounted cruise ship (Except no discount). If it's free to postpone, I'm sure it's worth the wait (All Volvo's are )!
      Last edited by The Driver; 03-12-2020 at 10:08 AM.
      06R Custom Electric Blue Silver
      07R Magic Blue - Sold
      04 Bonatti Gray Rover Disco HSE
      09 Iridium Silver SLK55 AMG P30 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Manthie View Post
      https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...details-126904

"Every American that is returning from Europe will be screened as they return through 13 separate airports, and will be asked to self-quarantine for 14 days... The Department of Homeland Security similarly announced that the ban 'does not apply to legal permanent residents, (generally) immediate family members of U.S. citizens, and other individuals who are identified in the proclamation.' Acting DHS Secretary Chad Wolf said in a statement that he intended to issue a directive 'requiring U.S. passengers that have been in' the affected countries 'to travel through select airports where the U.S. Government has implemented enhanced screening procedures'."
      I wonder what percentage of travelers from Europe to the United States are affected? If it's a big enough number I'd imagine carriers will start cancelling flights so getting back might be a bit of a hassle above and beyond the testing/quarantine thing.
      2001 V70, 2.4T White/blond (outgoing)
      2020 XC60 T8, Inscription White/blond (incoming - sometime)

Bimmerfest ED forum posted letters from BMW ED Department - no travel, pick up your car in the US, 5% ED discount honored.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast