Any impact from corona virus on march/April OSD deliveries ? - Page 5
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
      We have ceramic coatings on both our Volvo's.....never have to wax. We think it's a valuable product. Ours were done at a high end detail shop close by, and we take them in yearly to get touched up!
      2012 S60 T5 (OSD 4/2012) Ember Black/Offblack l Premium,Multimedia,Climate,Dynamic l BLIS/PCC/ABL/F&R Park Assist/Sport Pedals/Chrome Endpipes

2016 XC90 T6 (OSD 5/2016) Crystal White Pearl/Amber/Black l Momentum Plus,Vision,Convenience l 20" Alloy wheels/Wood steering wheel/Child booster seat/Black headliner/PA II

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Kleks View Post
      Got my IFF e-mail today, so car is released to trucking company.

We shall see when it arrives in NC.

/kleks
      Hopefully mine is right there with yours! I kept hoping my phone was going to ring this morning to let me know that it had come in last night.
      2020 XC60 T5 Momentum Osmium Gray/Blond City Weave Textile

Quote Originally Posted by rapayn1 View Post
      Billxc70,
      The CRAZIER thing is that I was given incorrect information. The ENTIRE time I was tracking this ship called the Freedom (EB006-FRE) IMO 9129706 and Callsign WDB5483, I was following the wrong ship. Of course I did NOT know I was following the wrong ship, because that is the ship they told me my Volvo was on. instead of being on the Freedom, it looks like my Volvo was on two (2) yes, TWO ships. This became clear as I looked at the CBP Form 7501 and saw that the importing carrier was the CARMEN. So, the "Where in the world is CARMEN" thread on this site should have been one I was following. Sigh ....

It looks like my Volvo started out on a ship called the Figaro (ED006-FGO). It departed Sweden on March 30th and headed to Zeebrugge, Belgium. Then it went to Southampton, United Kingdom. For some odd reason, in Southampton, it was transferred to the Carmen (ED007-CMN). Then it went from Southampton back to Zeebrugge, Belgium (24 April) and departed there on 26 April to FINALLY head to Baltimore where it arrived on May 8th and departed on May 9th. My CBP Form 3461 states that it arrived on 05/08/2020 and the elected entry date was 05/12/2020. Block 13 does say ED007 is the voyage number and block 15 does say CARMEN.
      That is funny. My XC40 was also on the Figaro, but didn't disembark in Southampton. I was able to watch her from Gotheberg all the way across the ocean, through the Panama Canal and up the western coast of the US to Tacoma. Now I'm waiting for the car to clear customs. At least when the car was on the ship I could see movement. Now we are waiting on the Customs release...

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

dsclinef,

Small world indeed. :-)

JTXC60,

Did you get your car yet?

Kleks,

JTXC60,

No sign of it yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2020 XC60 T5 Momentum Osmium Gray/Blond City Weave Textile

Quote Originally Posted by ragu View Post
      Thanks for sharing 'rapayn1' - and glad to hear that at least the front-end of your planned OSD trip came to fruition! Talk about just making something "by the skin of your teeth" - you did it! Let us know too when you take delivery of your XC40 here in the U.S. if you don't mind!
      I had an OSD date of Monday March 16th. We left via SAS from IAD headed to CPH on March 11th. The flight departed at 6:30 p.m. Somewhere in international airspace just south of Iceland, everyone's phones starting getting text messages and CNN/FOX News alerts regarding the travel ban. I believe Trump's speech was around 8 p.m. EST and we all got word of it in the air around what seemed like what would have been around 11 pm. EST. I recall the flight screen showing our altitude being 41,008 feet, outside air temp being -51F and 2-hours and 31minutes to our destination. We landed on March 12th in Copenhagen. Took a taxi to our hotel (The Admiral Hotel) I called CorpTrav to see if anything had changed and of course being 6 hours ahead of them in Chicago got the after-hours people. They promised to get someone to contact me later. Well, later turned out to be Friday night. March 13th (bad omen) when I received this E-mail:

Overseas Delivery Travel
      Future travel
      13 March 2020

Dear Overseas Delivery customer,
      As you know, the Coronavirus/COVID-19 situation is changing by the minute around the world. As the situation continues to develop, it is our goal to ensure you have the information you need and that - above all else - you remain safe!
      Volvo Car USA in light of the increasing amount of travel bans and restrictions we have made the decision to suspend any travel itineraries for our Overseas Delivery customers traveling and scheduled to pick up their new Volvo on March 16th and through April 15th. Your safety and the safety of our employees is of the upmost priority. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and update you as the situation changes and progresses.
      Therefore, you have two options:
      Option 1: You will be able to reschedule your trip to Gothenburg and the factory at a later time but within twelve (12) months. You will still receive the same benefits as you would have when picking up your Volvo including the hotel accommodation at the Clarion Post, the factory tour and dinner. We will have your Volvo shipped to your retailer as soon as it is available to book for shipment.
      Option 2: We can ship your Volvo to your retailer as soon as it is available, and you can cancel your travel plans indefinitely.
      Again, the health and well-being of you and your family is our number one priority. If you should have any questions please contact your retailer or our Customer Care Team ([email protected]). Based on the current travel ban only US Citizens and Permanent Residents are permitted to re-enter the US. For more information on travel restrictions please visit the Homeland Security website, [FONT="]www.dhs.gov[FONT="].[/FONT]
      Best Regards,
      Your Volvo Overseas Delivery team
      [/FONT]

-----END HERE------

So, now I was worried on Sunday the 15th as to whether or not my tickets from Copenhagen to Gothenburg were going to actually work. They did. I was worried if there would actually be someone there from PM Logistiks to pick us up and take us to our hotel. There was. I was wondering if our Clarion Post Hotel reservation there was still valid. It was, If our Norda dinner reservations had truly been paid for. They were. Then on Monday the 16th, we again had to worry if we were really going to get picked up and taken to the FDC. We were and we got to see our Volvo and drive it. We did not get the factory tour since the Coronavirus made that a no go. We still got the lunch at the FDC and tickets to the Volvo museum. We opted to not keep the Volvo and after a bit of driving around and exploring what the car could do, the joke of a test track and a tip over to the museum, we turned the Volvo back in. I was told things were getting dicey and if I turned it in that day Monday the 16th it would be loaded on a ship that Friday. I have no way to know if that happened, but he estimates I should have my Volvo by April 15th. We took an express train from Gothenburg to Stockholm and flew back home on Sunday the 22nd. Would do it again. Had a great time even with a lot of stuff being closed.
      Still no word from IFF, but I have now been informed that my car was also released to the trucker last night. That doesn’t mean it is physically on load yet, for sure – but it could be if the cars fall into the right destinations. In any case, it is free to move from Baltimore to my dealership. Good to see that these folks are all working in the wee hours of the morning. More happened after 10 p.m. than has been happening during the daytime. LOL!!!

My excitement builds. Not quite sugarplum fairies dancing in my head, but I am starting to feel that I may have my XC40 by this weekend or Monday at the latest. I hope it isn't raining when I go to inspect the vehicle.
      Kleks,

Nope. Waiting for the call from dealership. It should be somewhere between Baltimore and Charlotte.

/kleks
      --
      2020 XC60 T8 Polestarred Orca - Arctic white/black/black. Did I miss any option ?
      2004 V70 R - sleeper.
      C43 AMG - exuberance of the youth
      1996 S70 T5 - mech special.
      Honda V70 Magna, Yamaha FJ1200, Honda CBR 1100XX x 2, Honda CBR 900RR, BMW R1200GS, BMW R1200GSA... you need acceleration ? get two wheels.
      Wanna race ? Let's go to Anchorage and back.

Kleks,

Sorry to read that. Still hoping you get it before Memorial Day. What could be better than a backyard BBQ and a brand new XC40 in the driveway? Maybe some Swedish bikini team cheerleaders surrounding the car. Am I dating myself by making that reference? LOL!!!

Just in case:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_Bikini_Team

Quote Originally Posted by ragu View Post
      Thanks for sharing 'rapayn1' - and glad to hear that at least the front-end of your planned OSD trip came to fruition! Talk about just making something "by the skin of your teeth" - you did it! Let us know too when you take delivery of your XC40 here in the U.S. if you don't mind!
      I had an OSD date of Monday March 16th. We left via SAS from IAD headed to CPH on March 11th. The flight departed at 6:30 p.m. Somewhere in international airspace just south of Iceland, everyone's phones starting getting text messages and CNN/FOX News alerts regarding the travel ban. I believe Trump's speech was around 8 p.m. EST and we all got word of it in the air around what seemed like what would have been around 11 pm. EST. I recall the flight screen showing our altitude being 41,008 feet, outside air temp being -51F and 2-hours and 31minutes to our destination. We landed on March 12th in Copenhagen. Took a taxi to our hotel (The Admiral Hotel) I called CorpTrav to see if anything had changed and of course being 6 hours ahead of them in Chicago got the after-hours people. They promised to get someone to contact me later. Well, later turned out to be Friday night. March 13th (bad omen) when I received this E-mail:

Overseas Delivery Travel
      Future travel
      13 March 2020

Dear Overseas Delivery customer,
      As you know, the Coronavirus/COVID-19 situation is changing by the minute around the world. As the situation continues to develop, it is our goal to ensure you have the information you need and that - above all else - you remain safe!
      Volvo Car USA in light of the increasing amount of travel bans and restrictions we have made the decision to suspend any travel itineraries for our Overseas Delivery customers traveling and scheduled to pick up their new Volvo on March 16th and through April 15th. Your safety and the safety of our employees is of the upmost priority. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and update you as the situation changes and progresses.
      Therefore, you have two options:
      Option 1: You will be able to reschedule your trip to Gothenburg and the factory at a later time but within twelve (12) months. You will still receive the same benefits as you would have when picking up your Volvo including the hotel accommodation at the Clarion Post, the factory tour and dinner. We will have your Volvo shipped to your retailer as soon as it is available to book for shipment.
      Option 2: We can ship your Volvo to your retailer as soon as it is available, and you can cancel your travel plans indefinitely.
      Again, the health and well-being of you and your family is our number one priority. If you should have any questions please contact your retailer or our Customer Care Team ([email protected]). Based on the current travel ban only US Citizens and Permanent Residents are permitted to re-enter the US. For more information on travel restrictions please visit the Homeland Security website, [FONT="]www.dhs.gov[FONT="].[/FONT]
      Best Regards,
      Your Volvo Overseas Delivery team
      [/FONT]

-----END HERE------

So, now I was worried on Sunday the 15th as to whether or not my tickets from Copenhagen to Gothenburg were going to actually work. They did. I was worried if there would actually be someone there from PM Logistiks to pick us up and take us to our hotel. There was. I was wondering if our Clarion Post Hotel reservation there was still valid. It was, If our Norda dinner reservations had truly been paid for. They were. Then on Monday the 16th, we again had to worry if we were really going to get picked up and taken to the FDC. We were and we got to see our Volvo and drive it. We did not get the factory tour since the Coronavirus made that a no go. We still got the lunch at the FDC and tickets to the Volvo museum. We opted to not keep the Volvo and after a bit of driving around and exploring what the car could do, the joke of a test track and a tip over to the museum, we turned the Volvo back in. I was told things were getting dicey and if I turned it in that day Monday the 16th it would be loaded on a ship that Friday. I have no way to know if that happened, but he estimates I should have my Volvo by April 15th. We took an express train from Gothenburg to Stockholm and flew back home on Sunday the 22nd. Would do it again. Had a great time even with a lot of stuff being closed.
      Still no word from IFF, but I have now been informed that my car was also released to the trucker last night. That doesn’t mean it is physically on load yet, for sure – but it could be if the cars fall into the right destinations. In any case, it is free to move from Baltimore to my dealership. Good to see that these folks are all working in the wee hours of the morning. More happened after 10 p.m. than has been happening during the daytime. LOL!!!

My excitement builds. Not quite sugarplum fairies dancing in my head, but I am starting to feel that I may have my XC40 by this weekend or Monday at the latest. I hope it isn't raining when I go to inspect the vehicle.
      Kleks,

Sorry to read that. Still hoping you get it before Memorial Day. What could be better than a backyard BBQ and a brand new XC40 in the driveway? Maybe some Swedish bikini team cheerleaders surrounding the car. Am I dating myself by making that reference? LOL!!!

Just in case:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_Bikini_Team
      No problem, we will have to wait for our car to be trucked down to FL. At this point we hope to get it here in next 2 or 3 weeks. Backyard BBQ with a new XC40 - you need to tailgate the party !

/kleks
      --
      2020 XC60 T8 Polestarred Orca - Arctic white/black/black. Did I miss any option ?
      2004 V70 R - sleeper.
      Honda V70 Magna, Yamaha FJ1200, Honda CBR 1100XX x 2, Honda CBR 900RR, BMW R1200GS, BMW R1200GSA... you need acceleration ? get two wheels.

Kleks,

Not sure if I can be allowed to leave the People's Republic of Marylandstan anytime soon to tailgate in North Carolina or Florida. :-(

rapayn1 -

Glad to see you finally got your car home. Post pics!

Kleks,

Not sure if I can be allowed to leave the People's Republic of Marylandstan anytime soon to tailgate in North Carolina or Florida. :-(
      The Democratic Republic of Fairfax will pick you up for an immigration violation if you try to cross the Potomac.

Be safe!!!!
      Hers: 2019 S60 T5 R-Design FWD | Pebble Gray / Charcoal, Napa Leather | 18” R-Design Wheels | Heated Seats and Steering Wheel | Rubber Floor Mats

His: 2018 V90 T5 R-Design FWD | Crystal White / Charcoal, Full Napa Leather | 20" R-Design Diamond Cut Wheels | Convenience Package | Laminated Glass | Heated Seats/Steering Wheel | Powered Load Cover | Rubber Floor Mats | Integrated Child Safety Seats

Former Volvos: 2018 V60 Dynamic, 2008 S80 3.2 (first one with adaptive cruise in US), 2006 XC90 V8, 2004 V70ASR, 2003 V70ASR (OSD and replaced by 04 due to tranny problem with valve body), 03 S80 T6 (OSD), 99 V70 and 98 V70 (twins wagons to match our new born twins), 96 850GTA wagon, 93 940 Wagon (Cloth, no sunoof), 92 240 and 90 240 DL.

So my new XC40 arrived in Tacoma, WA on May 14th on the Figaro. It took two weeks to clear customs, which apparently isn't unusual for Tacoma according to vhelp. Today is the 14th day since it was released to the truck for delivery in Portland, OR, about 180 miles away. Still nothing. I find it frustrating that my car is so close, yet I can't get it. Worse yet, it was supposed to be an OSD that was canceled, so I've got nothing at this point from Volvo, other than some surveys asking how I am enjoying my new Volvo.

dsclinef,

Sorry to read that. Hang-in there. My memory of waiting is still vividly fresh. It was worth the wait though. Loving the XC40 so far.

dsclinef,

I hope you received an email from IFF which occurs with the trucker release. Your wait is beyond Volvo's guidelines for 5-8 working days for dealer delivery. If you haven't already, check with your dealer and the OSD program. Hope you get your car soon.

Bill
      Current Rides:
      2020 XC60 OSD Direct Shipment. Pending arrival at dealer
      2018 V60CC T5 OSD, Mussel Blue, My Wheels
      2014 XC60, Black CPO. Daughter's Car.

Previous Rides:
      2016 XC60 AWD T6, OSD, Flamenco Red Metallic. Wife's Car.
      2014 XC70, OSD, Seashell Metallic. My Wheels.
      2010 XC60 OSD, Orinoco Blue Metallic. Wife's Car
      2007 S40T5, Black, CPO. Daughter's Car

Houston, Houston, we have a touchdown.

XC60 was delivered (trucked here from NC, we gave up on driving there ).

The 6+ month adventure come to the end - without OSD trip. **** happens, in this case corona.
      It was build around March18, shipped after reopening of Gothenburg, arrived to Baltimore around 5/12, released to transport on 5/18, arrived to NC dealership last week, and was trucked to FL and arrived today.

The timings provided by Volvo wrt trucks, etc are being stretched due to Corona, social tensions and general CF in whole supply chain. I must admit that once we got the ball rolling ( I was also caught in transition between travel bureaus ), all the folks I worked with - Barbra in OSD, Bob in University volvo, unnamed crew in vhelp - were top notch, with very accurate and timely responses.

All in all - they want to sell us cars. They want us to be happy. They are not magicians, but sometimes it might look this way. Would I do it again ? Certainly. Was looking to trip around Scandinavia, and we may still do it next year.

Big thanks to all who helped !

/kleks
      --
      2004 V70 R - sleeper.

I posted the above after getting off the phone with my local dealer and getting the "with covid" line. I understand that. What I have a problem with is the total lack of tracking by Volvo. The dealer had no idea where the vehicle was, other than it had been released to a trucking company. They couldn't tell me when a truck was going to arrive at the dealership and according to the dealer, they hadn't seen a truck in a while. About 30 minutes after getting off the phone the local OSD guy sent an email saying that my XC40 had arrived and they were adding the requested accessories. So today, tomorrow, Monday...who knows. But at least according to the OSD guy, it is at the dealership. I do find that timing a little disturbing though.

Truth to be said - with the way US dealerships are working (ordering ahead), the custom process - either custom order or OSD is a square wheel in this machine. For 80 or 90 % of delivery they really do not care too much - they sell what is on the lot; we with OSD or custom delivery specs asking for visibility into the transport pipeline are just an annoyance :-) - they are not set for it, they do not have processes in place tto track movement of each vehicle and share it with customer.

It would be lovely to be able to see on the map how the vehicle moves through shipment, trucking to the dealer. From a technical point it is trivial - enable VoC once cleared from factory, and you have it.

The pain is in the fact that whole dealership concept is so XX century...

I bought mine not setting a foot into dealership once. Car was delivered to my driveway. I must admit that we had some turns and twists, but nothing major - **** happens type.

I am sorry that you were facing the ugly - we knuw nutin - excuse. Technology is here. It can be done in a much more transparent way - but for that there is a survey for which I received 3rd or 4th invite..

Enjoy your new car. Post some pictures. Have fun !

/kleks
      --
      2004 V70 R - sleeper.

Seems that 'trucker release' is a black hole to those with an OSD Volvo. Some entity at the port must monitor and arrange the loading of cars to be delivered to dealers in the same general location. With all the technology available, why can't the Volvo owner as well as the receiving dealer be notified the vehicle leaves the port?

Bill
      Current Rides:

Previous Rides:

Our salesman called to tell us my wife's 2020XC60 arrived at dealership on 06/15. Car was released for transport on 06/08. to trucker. BUT we are on hold because the owner's packet with the MCO document (required for registration) has not shown up. We do have an email with the custom clearance document.
      Bill
      Current Rides:

Previous Rides:

great news ! Same was my case - dealership called OSD/Barbra, and had all paperwork streamlined in 1-2 days. I received papers needed to register vehicle via Fedex ahead of car deliver, and was able to pay taxes ( FL... you pay one ) and get title and tags issued ahead of car - but then mine was trucked from NC to FL.

You may want to go to dealer and take some pics of the car...

/kleks
      --
      2004 V70 R - sleeper.

Quote Originally Posted by billxc70 View Post
      Seems that 'trucker release' is a black hole to those with an OSD Volvo. Some entity at the port must monitor and arrange the loading of cars to be delivered to dealers in the same general location. With all the technology available, why can't the Volvo owner as well as the receiving dealer be notified the vehicle leaves the port?

Bill
      Seriously! The trucking company has to be keeping track of the vehicles and their schedules. There's no way that they aren't. It's just annoying that they don't make that info available to us or to Volvo. My XC90 was released to the trucking company a week ago, and now I'm just stuck waiting to hear from the dealer that it's arrived. It's so frustrating!
      2020 XC90 Momentum T5 (OSD April 2020 - Delayed May 2021)

Hi kleks...you have a great perspective on all the unexpected challenges that we OSDers have encountered in the last six months. We had those wonderful visions of what could be only to be overcome by events. But as your post infers, there's always the hope of trying again some other year. The good news is that all the planning and research into routes, hotels, logistics, and things-to-do can all be applicable for the next time. Let's do it!!!
      Dec 2016 OSD: 2017 XC90 T6 Inscription | Magic Blue | Amber | Vision | Conv | B&W | 21" Wheels | HUD | Polestar
      Was Apr, now Sept 2020 OSD (pending): 2020 XC40 T5 Momentum | Ice White | Charcoal Textile | Advanced | Multimedia | Premium

Last Friday our XC40 finally arrived at the dealer. Yesterday we were able to pick it up. This has been quite the ordeal. Our Volvo dealership was the least proactive group of folks. When I saw that our vehicle had arrived in Tacoma and was working its way through customs, I let the dealership know what dealer options we wanted. Then when the car was released to the trucking company, I reiterated my list of four items. When the car arrived, then the dealer talked to the service guys to order the tow bar, which took a couple of days to arrive. Then yesterday when we went to pick up the car, the wheel locks were not installed, and had to be ordered.

It is a beauty of a car though. We are spending the rest of today figuring out all of the features, setting up our profiles and trying to fit it in our parking space. Even with the 360 cameras it was too much of a challenge last night so we parked in a spot of an empty unit that was easier to get into.

28. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5