Any impact from corona virus on march/April OSD deliveries ? - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Post June 30 Delivery Request Cancelled w/Refund Happy Ending

Hi All,
      I haven’t seen this scenario in this thread so I wanted to share.

First, let me clarify that I put a $3K deposit on a kick-ass XC-60 with a Gothenberg pickup date of 7/10/20. About the time that I received the Please sign Volvo Overseas Delivery Order Document via email, Corona was beginning to accelerate. This document had a signing deadline of May 25, so I decided to wait and see how Corona was going.

Well you all know the rest and once the EU closed it's borders I called my local dealer, they confirmed that the car wasn't in the build pipeline and cancelled the order refunding my deposit.

- A big shout out to the Lebanon, NH Volvo dealership - https://www.volvocarsoflebanon.com/

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Well, just got an updated E-mail from Barbara. I am no longer getting my Volvo by April 15th. Dropping the car off at the FDC on March 16th, they thought that it would get loaded on a RORO ship that Friday the 20th. Well, it did not. It is now slated to be on the vessel known as the Freedom. The note read as follows:

Barbara
      03/25/2020 08:30 AM

Your vehicle is on the vessel the Freedom that is scheduled to leave Sweden on 3/29/20 and arrive at the port of Baltimore approximately on 4/21/20.

Once your vehicle arrives in the port it must clear customs and then complete port processing before getting turned back over to Volvo to arrange transport to your retailer.

After your vehicle has cleared customs you will receive an email from our port broker IFF, Inc, with instructions to contact our office for updated information on when your vehicle should reach your dealership.

Due to the Coronavirus there may be delays beyond our control in getting the cars to the dealers.

For information on the possibility of tracking your vehicle you can contact Claims Plus after about a week after sailing at [email protected] for instructions on how to track the vessel.

Med vänliga hälsningar!

Yours Sincerely,
      Barbara
      Volvo Overseas Delivery
      800-631-1667

Lucky you.
      Ours is cooling the wheels in the factory, so they will restart shipping after Easter. Factory is closed since Monday till Easter.

Oh well, it is minor inconvenience compared to whole C19 affair.

Enjoy tracing the ship !

/kleks

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by vihrea View Post
      Hi All,
      I haven’t seen this scenario in this thread so I wanted to share.

First, let me clarify that I put a $3K deposit on a kick-ass XC-60 with a Gothenberg pickup date of 7/10/20. About the time that I received the Please sign Volvo Overseas Delivery Order Document via email, Corona was beginning to accelerate. This document had a signing deadline of May 25, so I decided to wait and see how Corona was going.

Well you all know the rest and once the EU closed it's borders I called my local dealer, they confirmed that the car wasn't in the build pipeline and cancelled the order refunding my deposit.

- A big shout out to the Lebanon, NH Volvo dealership - https://www.volvocarsoflebanon.com/
      Good for you! Hopefully you can try again when this all clears. I signed all my documents because I did this earlier.

I'm having mixed feelings about the whole thing. I love the car and will be very happy driving it in the USA when it eventually comes, but will hate missing the road trip (Volvo won't provide rental), which if scheduled would have been in mid-June. A free upgrade to the next model year would definitely be a satisfactory compensation for this, but that appears to be unlikely. I'll take the free plane tickets for a visit and factory tour next year, add a train to Stockholm where I'll spend a few days, see Copenhagen too on the way to Gothenburg or back home, but I sort of wish I could just apply the deposit to a car and driving experience for summer 2021.

Yes, I realize these are first-world problems and they may seem silly if God forbid things get really bad around here. Hopefully everyone and their loves here will be safe!
      Future: 2020 V60 CC Birch Light with Advanced Package and Bowers and Wilkins (OSD summer 2020)
      Current: Subaru Outback 2015, Limited

Hello ap17...my OSD was originally scheduled for 4/28, which we all know is not going to happen. When I called Barbara to see what my options were, I was surprised to hear that Volvo will allow rescheduling the delivery date up to September 2020. So we moved our delivery date to September 1. No one knows if even this later date will be feasible but I thought I would at least kick the can down the road and see what happens. I'm not sure if September would work for your family's personal travel schedule, but just thought I would let you know that moving the delivery date is an option. Hope things work out for you either way.
      Dec 2016 OSD: 2017 XC90 T6 Inscription | Magic Blue | Amber | Vision | Conv | B&W | 21" Wheels | HUD | Polestar
      Was Apr, now Sept 2020 OSD (pending): 2020 XC40 T5 Momentum | Ice White | Charcoal Textile | Advanced | Multimedia | Premium

Quote Originally Posted by maxchi View Post
      Hello ap17...my OSD was originally scheduled for 4/28, which we all know is not going to happen. When I called Barbara to see what my options were, I was surprised to hear that Volvo will allow rescheduling the delivery date up to September 2020. So we moved our delivery date to September 1. No one knows if even this later date will be feasible but I thought I would at least kick the can down the road and see what happens. I'm not sure if September would work for your family's personal travel schedule, but just thought I would let you know that moving the delivery date is an option. Hope things work out for you either way.
      Thank you! I will see what I can do!
      Future: 2020 V60 CC Birch Light with Advanced Package and Bowers and Wilkins (OSD summer 2020)

Quote Originally Posted by rapayn1 View Post
      Well, just got an updated E-mail from Barbara. I am no longer getting my Volvo by April 15th. Dropping the car off at the FDC on March 16th, they thought that it would get loaded on a RORO ship that Friday the 20th. Well, it did not. It is now slated to be on the vessel known as the Freedom. The note read as follows:

Barbara
      03/25/2020 08:30 AM

Your vehicle is on the vessel the Freedom that is scheduled to leave Sweden on 3/29/20 and arrive at the port of Baltimore approximately on 4/21/20.

Once your vehicle arrives in the port it must clear customs and then complete port processing before getting turned back over to Volvo to arrange transport to your retailer.

After your vehicle has cleared customs you will receive an email from our port broker IFF, Inc, with instructions to contact our office for updated information on when your vehicle should reach your dealership.

Due to the Coronavirus there may be delays beyond our control in getting the cars to the dealers.

For information on the possibility of tracking your vehicle you can contact Claims Plus after about a week after sailing at [email protected] for instructions on how to track the vessel.

Med vänliga hälsningar!

Yours Sincerely,
      Barbara
      Volvo Overseas Delivery
      800-631-1667

Back in February when I ordered my XC60 I wasn't sure an OSD was possible so I went with a regular US delivery. My car was completed on 3/6, arrived at the Port of Gothenburg on the 10th and departed on the 20th. Originally, it was supposed to stay on the same ship and arrive on the 8th of April in Baltimore. Right before it departed from the Port of Gothenburg it changed to be discharged at South Hampton England, wait a day then board another ship for Baltimore. Then it switched to sitting at the port for 10 days in Belgium. Since the car has been sitting at the port in Belgium the ETA has been pushed back twice and now it is showing an arrival in Baltimore on 4/30 as of when I checked this morning.

With all that is going on in the world, it could be a whole lot worse so I will be patiently waiting for it's arrival. Now time to tell myself to stop constantly checking the Wallenius Wilhelmsen tracking website.

I'll be checking back here for help in tracking if it doesn't work as well I hope it does. Right now, without my car even being on a ship, I can't test it with my VIN yet. :-) There was a Swedish-flagged ship at the car terminal on March 20th named the Traviata and its status is delayed. It never left the port. There was another RORO ship named the City of Oslo that departed the Gothenburg car terminal on Monday the 23rd. It was a Singapore-flagged car carrier though. It left from Quay 601 headed to Zeebrugge. Since Zeebrugge is a village port on the coast of Belgium, and the XC40s are actually built in Ghent, Belgium, I am not sure if the XC40 that was built in Ghent and then shipped to Gothenburg for me to see it at the FDC as part of my OSD trip to Sweden on the 16th, then goes back on a ship to Belgium before sailing to the United States. :-)

Thanks for this very useful information. I had just had contact with my dealership who did not say this was an option. I have heard Barbara’s name being used frequently- can someone provide contact information? Thank you for any further information provided.

Barbara
      Volvo Overseas Delivery
      800-631-1667

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 6ofus View Post
      Thanks for this very useful information. I had just had contact with my dealership who did not say this was an option. I have heard Barbara’s name being used frequently- can someone provide contact information? Thank you for any further information provided.
      Barbara is the go to person if you have a problem with your OSD car purchase/order. Obviously there are also many members with OSD experience on this web site.

Not sure what option you refer to. Check out the Overseas Delivery Update on the volvocars.com web site. to view the 3 options for new cars on order by April 15th or new orders by September 2020. Suggest you add your State since there maybe more experienced OSD dealers nearby.

BTW Barbara's contact info was proved in an above post.
      Last edited by billxc70; 03-28-2020 at 11:12 AM.
      Current Rides:
      2020 XC60 OSD Direct Shipment. Pending arrival at dealer
      2018 V60CC T5 OSD, Mussel Blue, My Wheels
      2014 XC60, Black CPO. Daughter's Car.

Previous Rides:
      2016 XC60 AWD T6, OSD, Flamenco Red Metallic. Wife's Car.
      2014 XC70, OSD, Seashell Metallic. My Wheels.
      2010 XC60 OSD, Orinoco Blue Metallic. Wife's Car
      2007 S40T5, Black, CPO. Daughter's Car

Quote Originally Posted by billxc70 View Post
      Barbara is the go to person if you have a problem with your OSD car purchase/order. Obviously there are also many members with OSD experience on this web site.

Not sure what option you refer to. Check out the Overseas Delivery Update on the volvocars.com web site. to view the 3 options for new cars on order by April 15th or new orders by September 2020. Suggest you add your State since there maybe more experienced OSD dealers nearby.

BTW Barbara's contact info was proved in an above post.
      Barbara was extremely helpful with our problem OSD order in the past!
      2012 S60 T5 (OSD 4/2012) Ember Black/Offblack l Premium,Multimedia,Climate,Dynamic l BLIS/PCC/ABL/F&R Park Assist/Sport Pedals/Chrome Endpipes

2016 XC90 T6 (OSD 5/2016) Crystal White Pearl/Amber/Black l Momentum Plus,Vision,Convenience l 20" Alloy wheels/Wood steering wheel/Child booster seat/Black headliner/PA II

So I was able to reach Barbara right away; she is very nice and helpful. My car, with the scheduled pickup for June 18th, was built March 19th. There is still a sliver of hope things will be okay by June 18th I suppose. If not, I have until September 20th to do the Swedish road trip. Otherwise, I can get the car delivered to me and I have until June 18, 2021 to use those tickets and get the tour. I may try to scramble and make reservations for the two weeks ending at Labor Day, though that is high season for tourism and I suspect a lot of places are taken by now (although many may also be cancelled).

She said I can put in to have the car delivered ASAP if I want. So if in late April I know the the whole summer is impossible, and I'm just going to fly over next year, I can have the car shipped sooner.

I also was told that due to the factory shut-down they have temporarily paused new OSD orders going forward so that everyone who has already ordered will get their car built as quickly as possible.
      Last edited by ap17; 03-31-2020 at 10:03 PM.

'ap17' - thanks for the informative/timely update! As I gaze into my "Crystal Ball" I can see where your June 18th OSD delivery date is still feasible - if not highly probable! Did Barbara give you any kind of a "go/no-go" deadline date? From what I've read here by the time you get to that point the car is already yours and paid for - is that correct? This is also a good segway to well - if you know the car is built - do you know the VIN number? And if you know the VIN you can also pay for it/pursue getting your car loan in order, right? Then the car is really yours!

My OSD is right around a month after yours - and my assumption is that my car has not been built yet - and the "Crystal Ball" is very, very hazy on when the Torslanda factory will resume production - hence my keen interest in watching how yours exactly plays out! Hoping you don't mind!

Thanks again for the update!
      Future: 2021 V90 CC (OSD)
      Current: 2017 Subaru Outback Touring
      Previous: 2005 Volvo V70R
      1971 Triumph Tiger 650 (OSD)

Quote Originally Posted by ragu View Post
      'ap17' - thanks for the informative/timely update! As I gaze into my "Crystal Ball" I can see where your June 18th OSD delivery date is still feasible - if not highly probable! Did Barbara give you any kind of a "go/no-go" deadline date? From what I've read here by the time you get to that point the car is already yours and paid for - is that correct? This is also a good segway to well - if you know the car is built - do you know the VIN number? And if you know the VIN you can also pay for it/pursue getting your car loan in order, right? Then the car is really yours!

Thanks again for the update!
      I didn't ask for the VIN number but I was told it does exist. I'm worried about my wife's health - she is below the risky age and otherwise healthy, but has a chronic lung condition. If the virus really clears by June we'll go. Or, if we get it before June and recover so that we have immunity, we will go. Otherwise I'm going to be very cautious.

I'll definitely keep you informed about the updates moving forward!
      Last edited by ap17; 04-01-2020 at 09:06 AM.

Latest update today on Volvo Cars factory closures as provided by The Gothenburg Post "Volvo Cars is now extending closure of the factories in Belgium and the US by one week. But the company is still aiming to start the Torsland factory in Gothenburg on April 14."

Looks like I will need to contact Barbara as I have an interesting situation. We have TWO XC-90's on order with a pick up date of June 15. We've never gotten past the initial phone conversation with AdTravel. So at this point I have no idea if the 90's are built, or are going to be built, or what our options are regarding travel. AND, our dealership is closed until the end of April at least because of the travel restrictions. Nope. Not messy at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Mavesgolf View Post
      Looks like I will need to contact Barbara as I have an interesting situation. We have TWO XC-90's on order with a pick up date of June 15. We've never gotten past the initial phone conversation with AdTravel. So at this point I have no idea if the 90's are built, or are going to be built, or what our options are regarding travel. AND, our dealership is closed until the end of April at least because of the travel restrictions. Nope. Not messy at all!
      Have you read through this entire thread? Most of your questions will be answered right here - especially the three travel options. Barbara is your best bet on your car build of course! I'm in the same boat as you - OSD delivery date of July 13th though! And no car build whereas yours probably is. The only thing I have is travel arrangements through ADTRAV. You say your Dealership has closed until the end of April due to travel restrictions? Are you in the U.S.?

Have you read through this entire thread? Most of your questions will be answered right here - especially the three travel options. Barbara is your best bet on your car build of course! I'm in the same boat as you - OSD delivery date of July 13th though! And no car build whereas yours probably is. The only thing I have is travel arrangements through ADTRAV. You say your Dealership has closed until the end of April due to travel restrictions? Are you in the U.S.?
      Yep. In WI. There's no chance we will travel in June. I doubt travel restrictions will be over before then. I'm just interested in getting the cars, as long as we can still do the travel next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavesgolf View Post
      My V60 is set for pickup June 19th and it was built March 19th. So there is a high chance that your cars have been built. If you aren't holding out hope to make the trip in June and don't want to plan for later int he summer you might be able to get your cars early.

Thanks for sharing 'rapayn1' - and glad to hear that at least the front-end of your planned OSD trip came to fruition! Talk about just making something "by the skin of your teeth" - you did it! Let us know too when you take delivery of your XC40 here in the U.S. if you don't mind!
      Quote Originally Posted by rapayn1 View Post
      I had an OSD date of Monday March 16th. We left via SAS from IAD headed to CPH on March 11th. The flight departed at 6:30 p.m. Somewhere in international airspace just south of Iceland, everyone's phones starting getting text messages and CNN/FOX News alerts regarding the travel ban. I believe Trump's speech was around 8 p.m. EST and we all got word of it in the air around what seemed like what would have been around 11 pm. EST. I recall the flight screen showing our altitude being 41,008 feet, outside air temp being -51F and 2-hours and 31minutes to our destination. We landed on March 12th in Copenhagen. Took a taxi to our hotel (The Admiral Hotel) I called CorpTrav to see if anything had changed and of course being 6 hours ahead of them in Chicago got the after-hours people. They promised to get someone to contact me later. Well, later turned out to be Friday night. March 13th (bad omen) when I received this E-mail:

Overseas Delivery Travel
      Future travel
      13 March 2020

Dear Overseas Delivery customer,
      As you know, the Coronavirus/COVID-19 situation is changing by the minute around the world. As the situation continues to develop, it is our goal to ensure you have the information you need and that - above all else - you remain safe!
      Volvo Car USA in light of the increasing amount of travel bans and restrictions we have made the decision to suspend any travel itineraries for our Overseas Delivery customers traveling and scheduled to pick up their new Volvo on March 16th and through April 15th. Your safety and the safety of our employees is of the upmost priority. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and update you as the situation changes and progresses.
      Therefore, you have two options:
      Option 1: You will be able to reschedule your trip to Gothenburg and the factory at a later time but within twelve (12) months. You will still receive the same benefits as you would have when picking up your Volvo including the hotel accommodation at the Clarion Post, the factory tour and dinner. We will have your Volvo shipped to your retailer as soon as it is available to book for shipment.
      Option 2: We can ship your Volvo to your retailer as soon as it is available, and you can cancel your travel plans indefinitely.
      Again, the health and well-being of you and your family is our number one priority. If you should have any questions please contact your retailer or our Customer Care Team ([email protected]). Based on the current travel ban only US Citizens and Permanent Residents are permitted to re-enter the US. For more information on travel restrictions please visit the Homeland Security website, [FONT="]www.dhs.gov[FONT="].[/FONT]
      Best Regards,
      Your Volvo Overseas Delivery team
      [/FONT]

-----END HERE------

So, now I was worried on Sunday the 15th as to whether or not my tickets from Copenhagen to Gothenburg were going to actually work. They did. I was worried if there would actually be someone there from PM Logistiks to pick us up and take us to our hotel. There was. I was wondering if our Clarion Post Hotel reservation there was still valid. It was, If our Norda dinner reservations had truly been paid for. They were. Then on Monday the 16th, we again had to worry if we were really going to get picked up and taken to the FDC. We were and we got to see our Volvo and drive it. We did not get the factory tour since the Coronavirus made that a no go. We still got the lunch at the FDC and tickets to the Volvo museum. We opted to not keep the Volvo and after a bit of driving around and exploring what the car could do, the joke of a test track and a tip over to the museum, we turned the Volvo back in. I was told things were getting dicey and if I turned it in that day Monday the 16th it would be loaded on a ship that Friday. I have no way to know if that happened, but he estimates I should have my Volvo by April 15th. We took an express train from Gothenburg to Stockholm and flew back home on Sunday the 22nd. Would do it again. Had a great time even with a lot of stuff being closed.
      Quote Originally Posted by ap17 View Post
      My V60 is set for pickup June 19th and it was built March 19th. So there is a high chance that your cars have been built. If you aren't holding out hope to make the trip in June and don't want to plan for later int he summer you might be able to get your cars early.
      That is in hands of $Deity. My pickup was scheduled on 4/20, car was at FC (factory complete and our status shows it is in the que for direct shipment)on 3/18, but it did not made it on the boat before Volvo closed the factory. Looks like it is sitting in Torslanda. They are planning to reopen after Easter - 4/14 ( EU and US a week later ); so even is they ship it in April, 25 days on the boat, a week +- for customs, transport etc - end of May, or June for me. So I'd say - you may get your pickup date, but in US. No point in calling Barbara or sales folks before 4/14 - mothership is closed, nothing is happening.

We can watch nice wallpapers till then..

/kleks
      )

Awaiting Approval

coronavirus

i want my life backkkkk

According to the April 6th edition of The Gothenburg Post "Volvo is now expecting to resume production at the factories in Torslanda and Ghent on April 20th and on May 4th in the US". Still seems overly optimistic to me! And no mention of when the Factory Delivery Center will reopen. My Dealer is still hopeful that June factory deliveries will be possible and is advising all his customers to sit tight at least until the 30-day mark prior to ones scheduled delivery.

So it looks like one more week than initially announced.

Thanks for monitoring Gothenburg Post - do you read swedish ?

/kleks

Kleks,

While not perfect, machine translation can allow you to read the paper pretty easily using Google Translate. So, for example go here:

https://translate.google.com

Then set-up the left window to detect Swedish. Set-up the right window for English or whatever your other preferred language is. Then enter the URL for the Gothenburg Post:

https://www.gp.se/

and click go. Magically the entire website that was in Swedish is now in English or whatever language you chose. Voial!! You can read all day long now and keep up with what is going on.

Kleks,

Well, at least the free parts. LOL!!! Some articles are only available if you are a paid subscriber. Paywalls being what they are these days. :-)

In the latest edition of the Gothenburg Post they report that "Volvo Cars plans to restart the factories in Sweden and Belgian Ghent on Monday, April 20th. The car factory in the US is scheduled to start on May 4." "But it is still unclear how much will be produced." "Lack of parts to build vehicles with was one of the reasons why Volvo Cars closed their factories a few weeks ago." When the restart is now planned, the focus is first on the companies' own supply chains." And lastly "the car factory in Sweden can start with orders that have been delayed by the production stoppage".

In the latest edition of the Gothenburg Post they report that "Volvo Cars plans to restart the factories in Sweden and Belgian Ghent on Monday, April 20th. The car factory in the US is scheduled to start on May 4." "But it is still unclear how much will be produced." "Lack of parts to build vehicles with was one of the reasons why Volvo Cars closed their factories a few weeks ago." When the restart is now planned, the focus is first on the companies' own supply chains." And lastly "the car factory in Sweden can start with orders that have been delayed by the production stoppage".
      Thanks for the update.....
      2012 S60 T5 (OSD 4/2012) Ember Black/Offblack l Premium,Multimedia,Climate,Dynamic l BLIS/PCC/ABL/F&R Park Assist/Sport Pedals/Chrome Endpipes

2016 XC90 T6 (OSD 5/2016) Crystal White Pearl/Amber/Black l Momentum Plus,Vision,Convenience l 20" Alloy wheels/Wood steering wheel/Child booster seat/Black headliner/PA II

We got an email from VCUSA a few days ago saying that all OSD deliveries through May 31st have been suspended.

Thankfully, we had already rescheduled our delivery to August. Our car is already built but it was important for us to drive it overseas so we will just have to wait. The best part is that thanks to cheap airfare, we rebooked on all first class for our August flights. Volvo and AdTrav made the rescheduling very easy. I hope everyone else has a similar experience and eventually, we will get our cars.

Rnsvket,

Great news on being able to upgrade to 1st Class. Having just come back from our OSD trip, I found SAS Premium Economy to be pretty good actually. I'm 6'1 and most of that is my legs and I was VERY comfortable. :-) I looked at 1st Class, but didn't like how the seats are arranged. Made for an isolated flight when traveling with my wife. Would have loved 1st Class if traveling alone. Since it was only a 7 hour flight for us, that also was a strike against trying to go for 1st Class. If we were flying somewhere that took us 17 hours or more, then I may have dealt with the isolation just to have that lounging space in my 1st Class seat.

I hope you have a fantastic flight and trip. I can't wait to go back again. I am hooked. If airfares stay low, I can do it and not need to buy another Volvo. LOL!!! I need to check hotel rates as well. My Volvo was supposed to have arrived in port today, but it has been moved back every day now for the past few days. It now isn't supposed to arrive here in America until the 25th. Then I still have to hope that it clears customs quickly. Then they find a car carrier to get it loaded on a truck and driven to my Volvo car dealership. Luckily, that won't be a problem since they have been deemed an essential business and are still open even during all of this lockdown crap.

Quote Originally Posted by rnavket View Post
      We got an email from VCUSA a few days ago saying that all OSD deliveries through May 31st have been suspended.

Thankfully, we had already rescheduled our delivery to August. Our car is already built but it was important for us to drive it overseas so we will just have to wait. The best part is that thanks to cheap airfare, we rebooked on all first class for our August flights. Volvo and AdTrav made the rescheduling very easy. I hope everyone else has a similar experience and eventually, we will get our cars.
      As always.......................thanks for the update!

Today April 22nd 2020, I received my packet informing me my car is on schedule for OSD on June 10th. I am still concerned but wanting to go!!! Anyone else for June? I am in South FL where we are still on Masks to go anywhere, but will decide next month, may change my date by a couple of days as my 15yr old has her Permit test on 11th
      2018 XC60 R OSD Bursting Blue
      2016 XC60 New White Pearl, Loaded
      2007 185K Miles XC70 My 4th!
      2006 45K Miles S60 Rescued from Katrina! Sold
      2003 84K Miles XC90 T6 AWD 18" Nautic Blue, Nav, Loaded! Color Coded !!
      1995 122K Miles 960 SW Everything Works! Sold!

Quote Originally Posted by Triniguy2 View Post
      Today April 22nd 2020, I received my packet informing me my car is on schedule for OSD on June 10th. I am still concerned but wanting to go!!! Anyone else for June? I am in South FL where we are still on Masks to go anywhere, but will decide next month, may change my date by a couple of days as my 15yr old has her Permit test on 11th
      Our delivery date is supposed to be June 15. There’s pretty much no way we are going to go. Sweden has had plenty of issues of their own- we just don’t have any desire to risk getting sick in Europe or risk getting quarantined on the way there or back. It’s less than 2 months. Our dealership is still closed, so I need to call Volvo tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Triniguy2 View Post
      Ours is set for June 19th pickup. The car has already been built. We already have our tickets, but I very much doubt we'll go. We got 3 tickets on the SAS flight because we switched to economy from economy plus, which covers my wife and I and our 15 year old. Our 25 year old used another airline for her ticket - it was cancelled. Sweden's Coronavirus may peak in late May, so it probably won't be safe yet. My wife and I both work in hospitals so there's a decent chance we may have been exposed and been asymptomatic. I'd like to take an antibody test to see if we are safe but that probably won't be available soon enough for the June trip.

If my wife's work okays it, we will switch to August 19th pick-up and hope that by then things get settled. If not, we'll have to just get the car delivered and change tickets again and go next summer.

I was one of those with worries about how COVID-19 would affect the delivery of my XC90 to Chicago. So I thought I would share my delivery timeline for others who are expecting delivery to the midwest US. After taking delivery of the vehicle in Gothenburg in mid February, it took a couple weeks to get it on a ship. Once it was assigned a ship/voyage, we were able to track it. The estimated port arrival date was revised a couple times, resulting in arrival in Baltimore 8 days later than was initially anticipated. From the time it arrived in port, it took about a week before it left port and then another 3 days travel time to reach us in Chicago. Overall, the time from date of delivery at the factory to receipt in the Chicago area dealership was 10 weeks.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast