Any impact from corona virus on march/April OSD deliveries ? - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Post June 30 Delivery Request Cancelled w/Refund Happy Ending

Hi All,
      I haven’t seen this scenario in this thread so I wanted to share.

First, let me clarify that I put a $3K deposit on a kick-ass XC-60 with a Gothenberg pickup date of 7/10/20. About the time that I received the Please sign Volvo Overseas Delivery Order Document via email, Corona was beginning to accelerate. This document had a signing deadline of May 25, so I decided to wait and see how Corona was going.

Well you all know the rest and once the EU closed it's borders I called my local dealer, they confirmed that the car wasn't in the build pipeline and cancelled the order refunding my deposit.

- A big shout out to the Lebanon, NH Volvo dealership - https://www.volvocarsoflebanon.com/

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Well, just got an updated E-mail from Barbara. I am no longer getting my Volvo by April 15th. Dropping the car off at the FDC on March 16th, they thought that it would get loaded on a RORO ship that Friday the 20th. Well, it did not. It is now slated to be on the vessel known as the Freedom. The note read as follows:

Barbara
      03/25/2020 08:30 AM

Your vehicle is on the vessel the Freedom that is scheduled to leave Sweden on 3/29/20 and arrive at the port of Baltimore approximately on 4/21/20.

Once your vehicle arrives in the port it must clear customs and then complete port processing before getting turned back over to Volvo to arrange transport to your retailer.

After your vehicle has cleared customs you will receive an email from our port broker IFF, Inc, with instructions to contact our office for updated information on when your vehicle should reach your dealership.

Due to the Coronavirus there may be delays beyond our control in getting the cars to the dealers.

For information on the possibility of tracking your vehicle you can contact Claims Plus after about a week after sailing at [email protected] for instructions on how to track the vessel.

Med vänliga hälsningar!

Yours Sincerely,
      Barbara
      Volvo Overseas Delivery
      800-631-1667

Lucky you.
      Ours is cooling the wheels in the factory, so they will restart shipping after Easter. Factory is closed since Monday till Easter.

Oh well, it is minor inconvenience compared to whole C19 affair.

Enjoy tracing the ship !

/kleks

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by vihrea View Post
      Hi All,
      I haven’t seen this scenario in this thread so I wanted to share.

First, let me clarify that I put a $3K deposit on a kick-ass XC-60 with a Gothenberg pickup date of 7/10/20. About the time that I received the Please sign Volvo Overseas Delivery Order Document via email, Corona was beginning to accelerate. This document had a signing deadline of May 25, so I decided to wait and see how Corona was going.

Well you all know the rest and once the EU closed it's borders I called my local dealer, they confirmed that the car wasn't in the build pipeline and cancelled the order refunding my deposit.

- A big shout out to the Lebanon, NH Volvo dealership - https://www.volvocarsoflebanon.com/
      Good for you! Hopefully you can try again when this all clears. I signed all my documents because I did this earlier.

I'm having mixed feelings about the whole thing. I love the car and will be very happy driving it in the USA when it eventually comes, but will hate missing the road trip (Volvo won't provide rental), which if scheduled would have been in mid-June. A free upgrade to the next model year would definitely be a satisfactory compensation for this, but that appears to be unlikely. I'll take the free plane tickets for a visit and factory tour next year, add a train to Stockholm where I'll spend a few days, see Copenhagen too on the way to Gothenburg or back home, but I sort of wish I could just apply the deposit to a car and driving experience for summer 2021.

Yes, I realize these are first-world problems and they may seem silly if God forbid things get really bad around here. Hopefully everyone and their loves here will be safe!
      Future: 2020 V60 CC Birch Light with Advanced Package and Bowers and Wilkins (OSD summer 2020)
      Current: Subaru Outback 2015, Limited

Hello ap17...my OSD was originally scheduled for 4/28, which we all know is not going to happen. When I called Barbara to see what my options were, I was surprised to hear that Volvo will allow rescheduling the delivery date up to September 2020. So we moved our delivery date to September 1. No one knows if even this later date will be feasible but I thought I would at least kick the can down the road and see what happens. I'm not sure if September would work for your family's personal travel schedule, but just thought I would let you know that moving the delivery date is an option. Hope things work out for you either way.
      Dec 2016 OSD: 2017 XC90 T6 Inscription | Magic Blue | Amber | Vision | Conv | B&W | 21" Wheels | HUD | Polestar
      Apr 2020 OSD (pending): 2020 XC40 T5 Momentum | Ice White | Charcoal Textile | Advanced | Multimedia | Premium

Quote Originally Posted by maxchi View Post
      Hello ap17...my OSD was originally scheduled for 4/28, which we all know is not going to happen. When I called Barbara to see what my options were, I was surprised to hear that Volvo will allow rescheduling the delivery date up to September 2020. So we moved our delivery date to September 1. No one knows if even this later date will be feasible but I thought I would at least kick the can down the road and see what happens. I'm not sure if September would work for your family's personal travel schedule, but just thought I would let you know that moving the delivery date is an option. Hope things work out for you either way.
      Thank you! I will see what I can do!
      Future: 2020 V60 CC Birch Light with Advanced Package and Bowers and Wilkins (OSD summer 2020)
      Current: Subaru Outback 2015, Limited

Quote Originally Posted by rapayn1 View Post
      Well, just got an updated E-mail from Barbara. I am no longer getting my Volvo by April 15th. Dropping the car off at the FDC on March 16th, they thought that it would get loaded on a RORO ship that Friday the 20th. Well, it did not. It is now slated to be on the vessel known as the Freedom. The note read as follows:

Barbara
      03/25/2020 08:30 AM

Your vehicle is on the vessel the Freedom that is scheduled to leave Sweden on 3/29/20 and arrive at the port of Baltimore approximately on 4/21/20.

Once your vehicle arrives in the port it must clear customs and then complete port processing before getting turned back over to Volvo to arrange transport to your retailer.

After your vehicle has cleared customs you will receive an email from our port broker IFF, Inc, with instructions to contact our office for updated information on when your vehicle should reach your dealership.

Due to the Coronavirus there may be delays beyond our control in getting the cars to the dealers.

For information on the possibility of tracking your vehicle you can contact Claims Plus after about a week after sailing at [email protected] for instructions on how to track the vessel.

Med vänliga hälsningar!

Yours Sincerely,
      Barbara
      Volvo Overseas Delivery
      800-631-1667

Back in February when I ordered my XC60 I wasn't sure an OSD was possible so I went with a regular US delivery. My car was completed on 3/6, arrived at the Port of Gothenburg on the 10th and departed on the 20th. Originally, it was supposed to stay on the same ship and arrive on the 8th of April in Baltimore. Right before it departed from the Port of Gothenburg it changed to be discharged at South Hampton England, wait a day then board another ship for Baltimore. Then it switched to sitting at the port for 10 days in Belgium. Since the car has been sitting at the port in Belgium the ETA has been pushed back twice and now it is showing an arrival in Baltimore on 4/30 as of when I checked this morning.

With all that is going on in the world, it could be a whole lot worse so I will be patiently waiting for it's arrival. Now time to tell myself to stop constantly checking the Wallenius Wilhelmsen tracking website.

I'll be checking back here for help in tracking if it doesn't work as well I hope it does. Right now, without my car even being on a ship, I can't test it with my VIN yet. :-) There was a Swedish-flagged ship at the car terminal on March 20th named the Traviata and its status is delayed. It never left the port. There was another RORO ship named the City of Oslo that departed the Gothenburg car terminal on Monday the 23rd. It was a Singapore-flagged car carrier though. It left from Quay 601 headed to Zeebrugge. Since Zeebrugge is a village port on the coast of Belgium, and the XC40s are actually built in Ghent, Belgium, I am not sure if the XC40 that was built in Ghent and then shipped to Gothenburg for me to see it at the FDC as part of my OSD trip to Sweden on the 16th, then goes back on a ship to Belgium before sailing to the United States. :-)

Thanks for this very useful information. I had just had contact with my dealership who did not say this was an option. I have heard Barbara’s name being used frequently- can someone provide contact information? Thank you for any further information provided.

12. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3