A few questions about the radio
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

A few questions about the radio

When I have my phone connected through Bluetooth, and play music files from my phone, I'm not getting any album art. Also, it doesn't seem like there's a way to see the music library that's on my phone, using the radio? And finally, can I use a USB splitter in the USB port, so I can have an iPhone cable for my wife, and a Note 10 cable for me? I obviously know that both phones can't be plugged in at the same time, but I'd like the 2 cables there for convenience.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by LenniePaz View Post
      When I have my phone connected through Bluetooth, and play music files from my phone, I'm not getting any album art.
      Not sure on this one, might check with the dealer, the Sensus has the Gracenote database loaded which should pull album art. I do get album art using Spotify over BT from my iPhone. I am pretty sure it comes from Gracenote as frequently the album art is a unique image that doesn't match Spotify app. There are a lot of variables here and I am not totally familiar with all of them, but OS of phone, BT standard used by your phone hardware, which app you use may all have an effect on the information being transmitted that enables the lookup of the album art.

Also, it doesn't seem like there's a way to see the music library that's on my phone, using the radio?
      if you expand the media section of the Sensus when on Bluetooth, you will see a "Library" icon. You can click that to browse what is available on the device. BUT let me tell you, as a tech guy, there is not some magic fairy that finds all of your music. It is dependent on how your phone chooses to handle it, Volvo has no control over that. On an iPhone the "Library" shows what is in Apple Music. Useless to me since my music is in Spotify. So may or may not be useful to you depending on what you got going on.

And finally, can I use a USB splitter in the USB port, so I can have an iPhone cable for my wife, and a Note 10 cable for me? I obviously know that both phones can't be plugged in at the same time, but I'd like the 2 cables there for convenience.
      This depends on how the splitter is wired. My guess is any USB splitter is going to be wired to assume that you want to only *charge* 2 devices, it would not make any sense for the data wires to be joined in a splitter as that could cause all sorts of issues when you plug in 2 devices, so most likely any splitter you buy will not be useful if you want to connect a device through to the Sensus for CarPlay, Android Auto etc. If my memory is not failing me...there are 2 USB ports in the console, what you could do is have 2 cables, one for connection and charging (white outlined USB port) and another for just charging (the other port) would that not fit the bill?

I have two USB slots in the arm rest you only have one?
      2020 V60 CC

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Only the one outlined in white, works for Android Auto, and Apple Car Play. I want to have both cables available so Car Play and Android Auto can be used at any given time, depending on which phone is chosen to be used.

Only the one outlined in white, works for Android Auto, and Apple Car Play. I want to have both cables available so Car Play and Android Auto can be used at any given time, depending on which phone is chosen to be used.

I understand now, as long as you don’t plug in both devices at the same time you should be good as long as the splitter is Apple and Android rated.
      2020 V60 CC

Although I have not tried what you want to do, it is my understanding that
      - the white-bordered USB is the only port for CarPlay / Android Auto; and
      - only one device can be connected via USB and used at any given time.

In other words, I do not think that a USB “Y” splitter would work, particularly if both phones are turned on and connected.

We know via Bluetooth that only one phone can be actively connected at the same time.

Maybe someone out there has tried...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | US 10/2015 Build| Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | Convenience Vision Climate | PAII + Mitigation Upgrades | Xpel + Gtechniq Ceramic | 50% Tint & 90% UV Rejection | 20" A/S & 22" Summer | Tow | Last TSU installed 17 Jan. 2020 | 45K miles | See Fuelly.com, 31.8 Lifetime MPG including tows, multiple 1400+ mi. trips and one transcontinental US 5000+ mi trip)

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-16-Xc90 View Post
      Although I have not tried what you want to do, it is my understanding that
      - the white-bordered USB is the only port for CarPlay / Android Auto; and
      - only one device can be connected via USB and used at any given time.

In other words, I do not think that a USB “Y” splitter would work, particularly if both phones are turned on and connected.

We know via Bluetooth that only one phone can be actively connected at the same time.

Maybe someone out there has tried...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      I wouldn't have both connected at the same time. Just both cables, but only one phone at a time.

This looks like a good solution for the cable.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M3V61PQ..._odwtEbB7GCSXM

This looks like a good solution for the cable.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M3V61PQ..._odwtEbB7GCSXM

If he doesn’t want to change the cable he probably don’t want to change the tip, same amount of “work”.
      2020 V60 CC

Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
      If he doesn’t want to change the cable he probably don’t want to change the tip, same amount of “work”.
      You don't change the tips. There are 3 different tips connected to one cable.

You don't change the tips. There are 3 different tips connected to one cable.

Nope....

Look closer at the add or read description it’s one cable with adapters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2020 V60 CC

Nope....

Look closer at the add or read description it’s one cable with adapters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yes, you're right. I thought all 3 were active at all times, but that's not the case. You do have to switch adapters.

Yes, you're right. I thought all 3 were active at all times, but that's not the case. You do have to switch adapters.

No problem I see how at the first site one can get confused. This is exactly why they market it the way they do to trick people.
      2020 V60 CC

Quote Originally Posted by Power6 View Post
      Not sure on this one, might check with the dealer, the Sensus has the Gracenote database loaded which should pull album art. I do get album art using Spotify over BT from my iPhone. I am pretty sure it comes from Gracenote as frequently the album art is a unique image that doesn't match Spotify app. There are a lot of variables here and I am not totally familiar with all of them, but OS of phone, BT standard used by your phone hardware, which app you use may all have an effect on the information being transmitted that enables the lookup of the album art.

if you expand the media section of the Sensus when on Bluetooth, you will see a "Library" icon. You can click that to browse what is available on the device. BUT let me tell you, as a tech guy, there is not some magic fairy that finds all of your music. It is dependent on how your phone chooses to handle it, Volvo has no control over that. On an iPhone the "Library" shows what is in Apple Music. Useless to me since my music is in Spotify. So may or may not be useful to you depending on what you got going on.

This depends on how the splitter is wired. My guess is any USB splitter is going to be wired to assume that you want to only *charge* 2 devices, it would not make any sense for the data wires to be joined in a splitter as that could cause all sorts of issues when you plug in 2 devices, so most likely any splitter you buy will not be useful if you want to connect a device through to the Sensus for CarPlay, Android Auto etc. If my memory is not failing me...there are 2 USB ports in the console, what you could do is have 2 cables, one for connection and charging (white outlined USB port) and another for just charging (the other port) would that not fit the bill?
      "Library" is grayed out for me.

"Library" is grayed out for me.

Maybe to large in size how many GB of song you got?
      2020 V60 CC

Maybe to large in size how many GB of song you got?
      7 gb of music.

The quick answer there is your phone doesn't support the Volvo app browsing the Library. Since this working is so dependent on the phone itself, which may not be presenting the storage of music for the Sensus to browse, it probably is what it is... Could be a security feature, as allowing a BT device to browse storage could be a risk, there might be a setting on the phone to allow that.

20. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements