Suspension / Wheel Set ups - Let's see yours - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Results 71 to 105 of 129
    1. #71
      Junior Member Chicago_UnCommon_Bricks's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2020
      Location
      Chicago, IL
      Posts
      399
      Quick spacer question from a P3 S80 interloper (it’s pretty much crickets in our forum):

      I just tried to fit a 15mm H&R spacer with +15 H&R lug bolts, and I only had about three and a half turns bite into the hub, so I took the spacers off and put the stock lugs back on.

      I’ve got some 5mm VST spacers for the front that I can use with the +15 bolts, but I’m wondering what length I need to safely run the 15mm spacers on the back.


      ...and FWIW with 55 offset wheels, the 15mm spacer, and 235/45/18s I’m about 5mm short of flush with the widest point of the body, which is perfect because I’m planning to go up to 245/45/18s when I replace the tires.
      2015.5 Volvo S80 T6 Platinum AWD - Savile Gray Metallic / Off Black In Anthracite - 118,XXX (our first)
      - Titania Diamond Cut and Black Stone - Vredestein Quadrac 5 235/45/18
      - R Design Strut Brace, VST 5mm Spacers (F), H&R 15mm Spacers (R)
      - Volvo Load Bars, Volvo Sport Pedals, Volvo Seat Guard & Child Mirror, IPD Skidplate
      Parts Cannon: Volvo Fortuna Wheels, P* Winter Wheels, Koni Sport Struts and Shocks, Volvo 328mm Calipers (F), Volvo 302mm Calipers for Vented Rotors (R), Ultra Racing Lower Rear Brace & Crossmember
      2012 Volvo C70 T5 Premier Plus Inscription - Sapphire Black Metallic / Off Black - 112,XXX (parents)
      - Midir Diamond Cut and Glossy Black - Nokian zLine 235/40/18
      2010 Volvo XC70 T6 AWD - Caspian Blue Metallic / Off Black - 130,XXX (mom)
      - Merac Silver Bright - Pirelli Cinturato Strada 235/55/18
      2005 Volvo V70 2.5T - Ruby Red Metallic / Graphite - 230,XXX (dad)
      - Mimis Silver Bright - Michelin Defender 205/55/16
      - Koni Sport Struts & Shocks
      1998 S90 Sedan - Aqua Blue Metallic / Beige(?) - 240,XXX (brother)
      - Mercurius Silver (?) - Michelin Defender 205/55/16

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #72
      Member p.rico's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      Wilmington, DE
      Posts
      1,515
      Quote Originally Posted by halfast3 View Post
      [
      Is that a nail in the last tire image?
      Gravel/asphalt. The I-95 corridor here is about to undergo a two year long renovation project and the roads in the city are all being renovated now. It's a mess.
      2012 S60 T6 AWD - Vibrant Copper - Premium Package - Climate Package - Multimedia Package - BLIS - Polestar Optimization + Mods galore
      Running intro/install/DIY thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...w-S60-T6-Owner!

    4. #73
      Member p.rico's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      Wilmington, DE
      Posts
      1,515
      Quote Originally Posted by Chicago_UnCommon_Bricks View Post
      Quick spacer question from a P3 S80 interloper (it’s pretty much crickets in our forum):

      I just tried to fit a 15mm H&R spacer with +15 H&R lug bolts, and I only had about three and a half turns bite into the hub, so I took the spacers off and put the stock lugs back on.

      I’ve got some 5mm VST spacers for the front that I can use with the +15 bolts, but I’m wondering what length I need to safely run the 15mm spacers on the back.


      ...and FWIW with 55 offset wheels, the 15mm spacer, and 235/45/18s I’m about 5mm short of flush with the widest point of the body, which is perfect because I’m planning to go up to 245/45/18s when I replace the tires.
      How long of a shank does your bolt have?

      The lug bolts that Viva supplied with their H&R 15 mm spacer kit have a shank length of around 1.8 inches (4.5 cm).
      2012 S60 T6 AWD - Vibrant Copper - Premium Package - Climate Package - Multimedia Package - BLIS - Polestar Optimization + Mods galore
      Running intro/install/DIY thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...w-S60-T6-Owner!

    5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements
       

    6. #74
      Member p.rico's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      Wilmington, DE
      Posts
      1,515
      Quote Originally Posted by Bunnspeed View Post
      P.Rico that looks so much better than stock ride height, with or without the spacers! Those tires look CHONKY. Not worth trying to make them fit with 15mm in the rear but I’m very curious to see it 10mm will be the sweet spot between flushness and rubbing.

      Theodor, again you’ve applied your usual excellent taste to yet another perfect OEM+ build. I’m so glad you’re back on the S60 boards!
      I agree, I am very happy with it. Yes, the 235/45 is a THICC tire. I think 10 mm might be too much as well. The tire just seems way too tall and wide for this kind of drop level and any sort of nice offset.



      I also agree with you on Theodor, BUT I liked his Vibrant Copper setup more.
      2012 S60 T6 AWD - Vibrant Copper - Premium Package - Climate Package - Multimedia Package - BLIS - Polestar Optimization + Mods galore
      Running intro/install/DIY thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...w-S60-T6-Owner!

    7. #75
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      94
      Quote Originally Posted by p.rico View Post
      I also agree with you on Theodor, BUT I liked his Vibrant Copper setup more.
      Haha yeah, liked the copper alot but it kinda felt old and outdated with the D3 and pre-facelift. This one just feels the way I wanted the previous one to feel like. T5 and RD. Would have bought a copper one IF volvo made facelift r-design in vibrant copper

      Skickat från min SM-G986B via Tapatalk

    8. #76
      Junior Member Chicago_UnCommon_Bricks's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2020
      Location
      Chicago, IL
      Posts
      399
      Quote Originally Posted by Chicago_UnCommon_Bricks View Post
      Quick spacer question from a P3 S80 interloper (it’s pretty much crickets in our forum):

      I just tried to fit a 15mm H&R spacer with +15 H&R lug bolts, and I only had about three and a half turns bite into the hub, so I took the spacers off and put the stock lugs back on.

      I’ve got some 5mm VST spacers for the front that I can use with the +15 bolts, but I’m wondering what length I need to safely run the 15mm spacers on the back.


      ...and FWIW with 55 offset wheels, the 15mm spacer, and 235/45/18s I’m about 5mm short of flush with the widest point of the body, which is perfect because I’m planning to go up to 245/45/18s when I replace the tires.
      Quote Originally Posted by p.rico View Post
      How long of a shank does your bolt have?

      The lug bolts that Viva supplied with their H&R 15 mm spacer kit have a shank length of around 1.8 inches (4.5 cm).

      The ones I have are threaded for 3.5cm with about another 2mm before the beginning of the taper/flare.

      Looks like the extra 1cm would give me about six more turns. Thanks.
      2015.5 Volvo S80 T6 Platinum AWD - Savile Gray Metallic / Off Black In Anthracite - 118,XXX (our first)
      - Titania Diamond Cut and Black Stone - Vredestein Quadrac 5 235/45/18
      - R Design Strut Brace, VST 5mm Spacers (F), H&R 15mm Spacers (R)
      - Volvo Load Bars, Volvo Sport Pedals, Volvo Seat Guard & Child Mirror, IPD Skidplate
      Parts Cannon: Volvo Fortuna Wheels, P* Winter Wheels, Koni Sport Struts and Shocks, Volvo 328mm Calipers (F), Volvo 302mm Calipers for Vented Rotors (R), Ultra Racing Lower Rear Brace & Crossmember
      2012 Volvo C70 T5 Premier Plus Inscription - Sapphire Black Metallic / Off Black - 112,XXX (parents)
      - Midir Diamond Cut and Glossy Black - Nokian zLine 235/40/18
      2010 Volvo XC70 T6 AWD - Caspian Blue Metallic / Off Black - 130,XXX (mom)
      - Merac Silver Bright - Pirelli Cinturato Strada 235/55/18
      2005 Volvo V70 2.5T - Ruby Red Metallic / Graphite - 230,XXX (dad)
      - Mimis Silver Bright - Michelin Defender 205/55/16
      - Koni Sport Struts & Shocks
      1998 S90 Sedan - Aqua Blue Metallic / Beige(?) - 240,XXX (brother)
      - Mercurius Silver (?) - Michelin Defender 205/55/16

    9. #77
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2019
      Location
      France, Champagne
      Posts
      181
      Wheels - Polestar 8x20"
      Tire Size - 245/35/20
      Spacers - None
      Suspension - Stock dampers (Sport) Soon Ohlins Polestar chassis kit
      ide Height - Not measured
      Any rubbing? - Nope

      I will soon have a feedback when I have installed the Ohlins Polestar chassis kit! he will soon be delivered

      IMG_1343.jpg
      Last edited by Solberg51; 09-01-2020 at 04:39 PM.
      VOLVO V60 AWD MY12 Cosmic White
      Polestar Tune
      Bodykit + accessories Polestar genuine


      See my topic -> https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...in-France-quot

      My Instagram -> https://www.instagram.com/v60_project_polestar/

      FORD FOCUS RS MK2 MY10 White
      Kit Mountune Performance RS500 by Ford UK (Intercooler, airbox, fuel pump, exhaust, ECU remapping)
      Big brakes AP Racing

    10. #78
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Location
      Top of VA
      Posts
      454
      Any of you running wheels with a 42mm offset? Looking at some and while I think the rear would be fine (I run a 15mm spacer on my 55mm offset wheels, so overall a 40mm offset) but I think the front is going to rub. Using a 10mm spacer up front, total of 45mm offset, I get the feeling that the extra 3mm offset will cause problems.

    11. #79
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      94
      Quote Originally Posted by abcdefghii View Post
      Any of you running wheels with a 42mm offset? Looking at some and while I think the rear would be fine (I run a 15mm spacer on my 55mm offset wheels, so overall a 40mm offset) but I think the front is going to rub. Using a 10mm spacer up front, total of 45mm offset, I get the feeling that the extra 3mm offset will cause problems.
      Have 35mm rear and 40 front on my S60, 235/35R19 h&r springs with zero rub, not even on bumps.

      Skickat från min SM-G986B via Tapatalk

    12. #80
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Location
      Top of VA
      Posts
      454
      Nice, did you go with the 35 profile tire due to being on H&R springs? IIRC the stock tire size on the 19" wheel is 235/40/19. I'm wondering if that extra ~12mm of tire sidewall between 35 and 40 aspect tires would be the difference between it rubbing or not.

    13. #81
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      94
      Quote Originally Posted by abcdefghii View Post
      Nice, did you go with the 35 profile tire due to being on H&R springs? IIRC the stock tire size on the 19" wheel is 235/40/19. I'm wondering if that extra ~12mm of tire sidewall between 35 and 40 aspect tires would be the difference between it rubbing or not.
      Had Therese wheels on my V40 before and The have 35 sidewall. So keeps them till they are worn out. 40 would definitely rub. Had 40 on my previous S60 and they rubbed in the rear with 35 offset.

      Skickat från min SM-G986B via Tapatalk

    14. #82
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Location
      Top of VA
      Posts
      454
      Quote Originally Posted by TheodorKalin View Post
      40 would definitely rub.
      That was my thinking....Jeez, picking a set of wheels and tires is more of a headache than I imagined it would be. Decided to look on Tirerack at wheel and tire packages, according to them the Sparco Podio in 19" will fit, but it is an 8.5" wheel with a 45mm offset. That puts the outer lip of the wheel 16.4mm further out compared to the 55mm offset of the existing wheels. I get the feeling that would rub on the front and possibly even the back as well.

      Edit: this thread proving useful, looks like 3 people running 8.5" wide wheels with 45mm or even 40mm offset and all say no rubbing. Hmm might be making progress.


      Edit again: Ordered the Sparco wheels, should be here Friday.... I'm going to be nervous that they rub until I get them installed and drive some, but hopefully should be no problems.
      Last edited by abcdefghii; 09-02-2020 at 04:02 PM.

    15. #83
      Junior Member EdVQ37's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2017
      Location
      Edmonton, AB, Canada
      Posts
      153
      Quote Originally Posted by abcdefghii View Post
      That was my thinking....Jeez, picking a set of wheels and tires is more of a headache than I imagined it would be. Decided to look on Tirerack at wheel and tire packages, according to them the Sparco Podio in 19" will fit, but it is an 8.5" wheel with a 45mm offset. That puts the outer lip of the wheel 16.4mm further out compared to the 55mm offset of the existing wheels. I get the feeling that would rub on the front and possibly even the back as well.

      Edit: this thread proving useful, looks like 3 people running 8.5" wide wheels with 45mm or even 40mm offset and all say no rubbing. Hmm might be making progress.


      Edit again: Ordered the Sparco wheels, should be here Friday.... I'm going to be nervous that they rub until I get them installed and drive some, but hopefully should be no problems.
      235 wide tire, you can run 40 offset. Max. That’s what I run for winter on a 8.5 wide wheel. Any wider, it will rub if lowered beyond stock RD height.

      However, I run a 245 wide tire on my summer wheels, but with +45 offset to compensate. Both set of wheels are 8.5” wide.

      The wider contact patch (245) is better for maximum traction and performance.

      Also, I’m lowered on H&R Sport Springs and no rub on either set up. Your spec of wheel is identical to my summer setup. You’ll be fine.

      Keep in mind the tire “style” of sidewall will make a difference between rubbing or not. For example, Michelin has a “fatter” side wall than Bridgestone. Bridgestone tires are usually a “flat” sidewall where the slightly more curved Michelin can cause issues with rub on the exact same part number. Which can be the difference in running or not. Hope that made sense.

      Gold wheels (19x8.5 +45), summer set up. Silver wheels (18x8.5 +40) winter. Exact same wheel model.

    16. #84
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Location
      Top of VA
      Posts
      454
      Thanks, I think yours was one of the posts I saw earlier in the thread saying 8.5" with 45mm offset should work. Wheels will be delivered today, hopefully tires as well and all being well i can get them mounted today.

    17. #85
      Junior Member EdVQ37's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2017
      Location
      Edmonton, AB, Canada
      Posts
      153
      Quote Originally Posted by abcdefghii View Post
      Thanks, I think yours was one of the posts I saw earlier in the thread saying 8.5" with 45mm offset should work. Wheels will be delivered today, hopefully tires as well and all being well i can get them mounted today.
      well, good luck and enjoy!

    18. #86
      Junior Member S-Works's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2020
      Location
      Denver
      Posts
      18
      New to me 2012 T6 AWD. I think the suspension is stock height. Any recommendations for springs etc for lowering and refreshing? Close to 100K.
      Attached Images Attached Images
      Astigmatic Visionary

    19. #87
      Member p.rico's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      Wilmington, DE
      Posts
      1,515
      Quote Originally Posted by S-Works View Post
      New to me 2012 T6 AWD. I think the suspension is stock height. Any recommendations for springs etc for lowering and refreshing? Close to 100K.
      Is that an R-Design or a T6 with R-Design add-ons (like mine)?
      2012 S60 T6 AWD - Vibrant Copper - Premium Package - Climate Package - Multimedia Package - BLIS - Polestar Optimization + Mods galore
      Running intro/install/DIY thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...w-S60-T6-Owner!

    20. #88
      Member p.rico's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      Wilmington, DE
      Posts
      1,515
      OK, so a change of setup. I found a set of Ixions nearby. The wheels are a big rough, but there aren't many of these to find around on the internet...

      Since these were the stock 235/40's I could finally fit the spacers back on. Now we're talking! The wheels are in a nice place, and the car looks much better with the spacers back on.

      Wheels - Volvo Ixion 18"x8"

      Tire Size - 235/40R18

      Spacers - 10 mm front, 15 mm rear

      Suspension - Stock R-Design/Sport for MY15+

      Ride Height Front: ~25.4"
      Ride Height Rear: ~25.75" (floor to plastic liner)

      Any rubbing? - None





      2012 S60 T6 AWD - Vibrant Copper - Premium Package - Climate Package - Multimedia Package - BLIS - Polestar Optimization + Mods galore
      Running intro/install/DIY thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...w-S60-T6-Owner!

    21. #89
      Quote Originally Posted by p.rico View Post
      OK, so a change of setup. I found a set of Ixions nearby. The wheels are a big rough, but there aren't many of these to find around on the internet...

      Since these were the stock 235/40's I could finally fit the spacers back on. Now we're talking! The wheels are in a nice place, and the car looks much better with the spacers back on.

      Wheels - Volvo Ixion 18"x8"

      Tire Size - 235/40R18

      Spacers - 10 mm front, 15 mm rear

      Suspension - Stock R-Design/Sport for MY15+

      Ride Height Front: ~25.4"
      Ride Height Rear: ~25.75" (floor to plastic liner)

      Any rubbing? - None





      Wow, that fitment looks remarkably better. What changes have you noted with the lower profile tires? Any improvement in acceleration? Changes in ride quality, tire noise, steering feel?
      2011 S60 T6 with Polestar tune+TDI-Tuning : KW V3 coilovers : DO88 fmic : Ferrita downpipe : Powerflex "race" torque mount insert
      12.99 at 109mph

    22. #90
      Junior Member S-Works's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2020
      Location
      Denver
      Posts
      18
      Quote Originally Posted by p.rico View Post
      Is that an R-Design or a T6 with R-Design add-ons (like mine)?
      That is a good question. I did not think it was an R-Design, just that it had the add ons like yours (love your color, BTW) It was not described as an R-Design when I bought it. But...when i scheduled some warranty work at a local dealer online I was entereing the vehichle information as a 2012 S60 T6 AWD. Then the site asked for the VIN. I entered the VIN and the website corrected me and said it was an R-Design.
      Astigmatic Visionary

    23. #91
      Member p.rico's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      Wilmington, DE
      Posts
      1,515
      Quote Originally Posted by Bunnspeed View Post
      Wow, that fitment looks remarkably better. What changes have you noted with the lower profile tires? Any improvement in acceleration? Changes in ride quality, tire noise, steering feel?
      The transmission is definitely much happier. I used to get some small amount of overhang on revs every now and then when I abruptly let off the gas on pulls.

      Not having to deal with thinking about what speed I'm actually doing (like knowing that I'm doing 73 instead of 70 miles per hour) is pretty nice.

      Acceleration is probably back to normal but I haven't done a timed run yet. I used to hit pretty low 5 second 0-60 runs on 40 series tires in the past. The 45 series tires I ran could not hit under 5.6.

      The Michelin's on these are pretty shot. They're at their wear bars and they are not well balanced. I will be changing tires likely this week. I loved my General AS-05's so I just bought them in the 235/40 size. Those tires are amazing. I've been running the 235/45 AS-05's for ~37K miles and I'm still measuring 6-7/32"s on them (CORRECTION: 7-8/32"s ).

      EDIT: I went out today and noticed that the car felt much quicker than I remembered...
      Last edited by p.rico; 09-06-2020 at 02:15 PM.
      2012 S60 T6 AWD - Vibrant Copper - Premium Package - Climate Package - Multimedia Package - BLIS - Polestar Optimization + Mods galore
      Running intro/install/DIY thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...w-S60-T6-Owner!

    24. #92
      Member p.rico's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      Wilmington, DE
      Posts
      1,515
      Quote Originally Posted by S-Works View Post
      That is a good question. I did not think it was an R-Design, just that it had the add ons like yours (love your color, BTW) It was not described as an R-Design when I bought it. But...when i scheduled some warranty work at a local dealer online I was entereing the vehichle information as a 2012 S60 T6 AWD. Then the site asked for the VIN. I entered the VIN and the website corrected me and said it was an R-Design.
      The VIN's will do that sometimes. Mine comes up like that similarly. The suspension on yours looks like a stock T6 in height. For a true R-Design, it will have the stitched sport seats, the blue speedo dials, the badge on the steering wheel bezel, perforated leather on the wheel and on the shift knob, the aluminum waterfall trim, the front bumper, the gloss black grille with the badge, rear valence, 3.5" exhaust tips, and the lowered suspension.

      Thanks on the color! I picked it over an R-Design in Passion Red. I waver on whether that was the best choice, but ah well, I've had fun the past three years stepping the car little by little in that direction.
      Last edited by p.rico; 09-06-2020 at 10:46 AM.
      2012 S60 T6 AWD - Vibrant Copper - Premium Package - Climate Package - Multimedia Package - BLIS - Polestar Optimization + Mods galore
      Running intro/install/DIY thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...w-S60-T6-Owner!

    25. #93
      Junior Member S-Works's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2020
      Location
      Denver
      Posts
      18
      Quote Originally Posted by p.rico View Post
      The VIN's will do that sometimes. Mine comes up like that similarly. The suspension on yours looks like a stock T6 in height. For a true R-Design, it will have the stitched sport seats, the blue speedo dials, the badge on the steering wheel bezel, perforated leather on the wheel and on the shift knob, the aluminum waterfall trim, the front bumper, the gloss black grille with the badge, rear valence, 3.5" exhaust tips, and the lowered suspension.

      Thanks on the color! I picked it over an R-Design in Passion Red. I waver on whether that was the best choice, but ah well, I've had fun the past three years stepping the car little by little in that direction.
      Mine is not an R-design, doesn't have all that stuff. It's very much like yours. But I have the Polestar tune as well and the car is very spirited. Did you use Launch control on your 0-60 times you reference in you other thread. This came with the RTX wheels pictured and the Sleipner's with snow tires (I'm in Colorado so this is perfect) I want to lower the car a bit and am looking around for springs. Maybe shocks and struts too, but mine seem to have been replaced not too long ago. I have done the Haldex fluid change and a tranny fluid change. My only complaint with the car is the trans hesitates when coming to a stop and they accelerating. Like stopping at a stop sign and then taking off. Any ideas on this one? I thought I saw something about a software upgrade, but can't find the thread.
      Astigmatic Visionary

    26. #94
      Member p.rico's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      Wilmington, DE
      Posts
      1,515
      Quote Originally Posted by S-Works View Post
      Mine is not an R-design, doesn't have all that stuff. It's very much like yours. But I have the Polestar tune as well and the car is very spirited. Did you use Launch control on your 0-60 times you reference in you other thread. This came with the RTX wheels pictured and the Sleipner's with snow tires (I'm in Colorado so this is perfect) I want to lower the car a bit and am looking around for springs. Maybe shocks and struts too, but mine seem to have been replaced not too long ago. I have done the Haldex fluid change and a tranny fluid change. My only complaint with the car is the trans hesitates when coming to a stop and they accelerating. Like stopping at a stop sign and then taking off. Any ideas on this one? I thought I saw something about a software upgrade, but can't find the thread.
      There are a few transmission threads in the common issues stickies on the main page.

      All my 0-60 times are with normal means. No brake boosting or any other trick. Just lift foot off brake and smash gas pedal.

      I have a set of R-Design springs, but shipping would be real costly. Conversely, I have my H&R's and love them. They are on stock R-Design/Sports suspension strut and shock.
      2012 S60 T6 AWD - Vibrant Copper - Premium Package - Climate Package - Multimedia Package - BLIS - Polestar Optimization + Mods galore
      Running intro/install/DIY thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...w-S60-T6-Owner!

    27. #95
      Administrator chris@swedespeed's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2000
      Location
      DC Metro
      Posts
      55,778
      2016 S60CC
      R-Design suspension conversion
      Koni Active (red) shocks and struts
      Polestar Performance lowering springs
      20-inch Cratus XC60 wheels
      15mm spacers.







      2016 V60CC Platinum | Beechwood Brown interior swap |
      2016 S60CC Platinum with lowered sport chassis | Polestar Performance Springs |
      20-inch Cratus wheels | Elevate GT5 Exhaust, rear sway bar, brake lines, rear spoiler
      2017 XC90 Momentum Plus (family)


      Previous:
      2017 S90 Inscription T6 AWD, 2019 XC40 R-Design T5 AWD, 2017 V90 Cross Country T6 AWD , 2018 V60 Polestar #103/1500, 2016 XC90 R-Design, 2013 C30 Polestar #141/250,2015.5 V60 R-Design,1998 V70 T5M, 1999 S70 GLT, 2000 V70R, 2004 V70R, 2006 V70R Sonic Blue, 2006 V70R Electric Silver, 2007 V70R Passion Red, 2003 XC90 2.5T, 2007 XC90 V8 Sport Electric Silver, 2007 XC90 Sport V8, Passion Red

    28. #96
      Member p.rico's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      Wilmington, DE
      Posts
      1,515
      Chris, I think those fit better stylistically than the Polestar wheels. The color scheme looks great.
      2012 S60 T6 AWD - Vibrant Copper - Premium Package - Climate Package - Multimedia Package - BLIS - Polestar Optimization + Mods galore
      Running intro/install/DIY thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...w-S60-T6-Owner!

    29. #97
      Junior Member S-Works's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2020
      Location
      Denver
      Posts
      18
      Quote Originally Posted by p.rico View Post
      There are a few transmission threads in the common issues stickies on the main page.

      All my 0-60 times are with normal means. No brake boosting or any other trick. Just lift foot off brake and smash gas pedal.

      I have a set of R-Design springs, but shipping would be real costly. Conversely, I have my H&R's and love them. They are on stock R-Design/Sports suspension strut and shock.
      I found the H&R springs at eEuro with free shipping. I had the Koni Special active on my Saab 9-5 and liked them, may put those on as well. Dumb question: What is the purpose of the wheel spacers? I have never seen so much discussion where spacers are mentioned and used. TIA. JD
      Astigmatic Visionary

    30. #98
      Junior Member Possibly's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2020
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      3
      Quote Originally Posted by EdVQ37 View Post
      235 wide tire, you can run 40 offset. Max. That’s what I run for winter on a 8.5 wide wheel. Any wider, it will rub if lowered beyond stock RD height.

      However, I run a 245 wide tire on my summer wheels, but with +45 offset to compensate. Both set of wheels are 8.5” wide.

      The wider contact patch (245) is better for maximum traction and performance.

      Also, I’m lowered on H&R Sport Springs and no rub on either set up. Your spec of wheel is identical to my summer setup. You’ll be fine.

      Keep in mind the tire “style” of sidewall will make a difference between rubbing or not. For example, Michelin has a “fatter” side wall than Bridgestone. Bridgestone tires are usually a “flat” sidewall where the slightly more curved Michelin can cause issues with rub on the exact same part number. Which can be the difference in running or not. Hope that made sense.

      Gold wheels (19x8.5 +45), summer set up. Silver wheels (18x8.5 +40) winter. Exact same wheel model.
      Looks great, what wheel model is that?

    31. #99
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Location
      Top of VA
      Posts
      454
      Quote Originally Posted by S-Works View Post
      Dumb question: What is the purpose of the wheel spacers? I have never seen so much discussion where spacers are mentioned and used. TIA. JD
      They reduce the offset of your wheels, essentially moving them further out and flush with the wheel arch. Or, in the case of lifted trucks, make your ugly wheels stick out further than the arches.

    32. #100
      Junior Member S-Works's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2020
      Location
      Denver
      Posts
      18
      Quote Originally Posted by abcdefghii View Post
      They reduce the offset of your wheels, essentially moving them further out and flush with the wheel arch. Or, in the case of lifted trucks, make your ugly wheels stick out further than the arches.
      So it's a cosmetic thing and a functional thing.
      Astigmatic Visionary

    33. #101
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2016
      Location
      Australia
      Posts
      655
      Quote Originally Posted by S-Works View Post
      So it's a cosmetic thing and a functional thing.
      More cosmetic than functional.

      They are actually illegal in Australia because they weaken the link between the wheel and hub. Doesn't seem to be a problem though, just Australia with their picky laws.
      2015.5 V60 T5e -
      Polestar Performance Tune, Exhaust and Intake - Twin Piston Brake Conversion - SS lines - H&R Springs - IPD Rear Sway Bar

    34. #102
      Member p.rico's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      Wilmington, DE
      Posts
      1,515
      Quote Originally Posted by S-Works View Post
      So it's a cosmetic thing and a functional thing.
      Like MidnightSnooze said, basically, yes.

      Here is a visual. Not the same tire and wheel, but same offset (+55), tire width (235 mm) and wheel width (8"). The tire sidewall height is different (45 vs 40). The 45 series kept me from running the 15 mm H&R spacer; the tire kept rubbing the inner liner. Once I went back to 40 series sidewall height, I put the spacer back in.

      Last edited by p.rico; 09-07-2020 at 09:13 PM.
      2012 S60 T6 AWD - Vibrant Copper - Premium Package - Climate Package - Multimedia Package - BLIS - Polestar Optimization + Mods galore
      Running intro/install/DIY thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...w-S60-T6-Owner!

    35. #103
      Junior Member S-Works's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2020
      Location
      Denver
      Posts
      18
      Quote Originally Posted by p.rico View Post
      Like MidnightSnooze said, basically, yes.

      Here is a visual. Not the same tire and wheel, but same offset (+55), tire width (235 mm) and wheel width (8"). The tire sidewall height is different (45 vs 40). The 45 series kept me from running the 15 mm H&R spacer; the tire kept rubbing the inner liner. Once I went back to 40 series sidewall height, I put the spacer back in.

      Got it, Thanks!

      Right now my plan is to go with the H&R springs with the Koni Special Active shocks and struts. Will look into the spacers as well.
      Last edited by S-Works; 09-08-2020 at 08:46 AM.
      Astigmatic Visionary

    36. #104
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Location
      Top of VA
      Posts
      454
      Had my new wheels mounted today.
      Sparco Podio 19"
      45mm offset
      235/40R19 tires
      Zero rubbing






      I was not sure if I would like the grey (I hate black wheels) but it is a lighter gray than show in the pictures, now I just need to source some Volvo center caps to fit. The factory ones are 1-2mm too big for the Sparco wheels.

    37. #105
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2016
      Location
      Australia
      Posts
      655
      I dont know how you guys are managing with spacers and high offset wheels. The Bors are +55, if i went out another 10mm id be scrubbing everywhere

      2015.5 V60 T5e -
      Polestar Performance Tune, Exhaust and Intake - Twin Piston Brake Conversion - SS lines - H&R Springs - IPD Rear Sway Bar

    38. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Need wheel ideas! Let me see your wheels!
      By Bryce Anderson in forum S60 (2001-2010)
      Replies: 77
      Last Post: 05-26-2017, 11:40 PM
    2. Suspension set ups...
      By mrwho2 in forum C70 (1998-2004)
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: 07-08-2008, 07:53 PM
    3. New Rims, Can I See Yours?
      By magnato1 in forum S70, V70 & V70XC (1998-2000)
      Replies: 51
      Last Post: 02-15-2008, 07:41 AM
    4. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...
      By R Kelly in forum R Forum (2004-2007)
      Replies: 40
      Last Post: 11-27-2005, 12:07 PM
    5. What intake/air filter set ups are available?
      By stlvinny in forum R Forum (2004-2007)
      Replies: 32
      Last Post: 08-26-2004, 01:46 AM