SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Power steering leak 2007 XC90 V8

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Paul1963 
#1 · (Edited)
I’m pretty sure the leak is up high on the engine and may be coming from the pump or the line into the pump Anyone have this happen? And what was the source of the leak.

Update the leak is engine oil not power steering fluid

#2 ·
I had a similar issue with my 2004 xc90. It turned out to be the power steering connectors. The hose connector on the power steering pump was leaking pretty bad and the connector on the overflow tank was leaking. Try snugging up the clamps and refilling the reservoir.

#3 ·
Thanks
As it turns out I did that two weeks ago and the seeping stopped from those two hoses I then topped off with the CHF 202 fluid
Now I’ve got engine oil leaking from what I think is the valve covers
These engines (4.4L) V8 are notorious for this and I’ve got limes disease very bad so laying over the engine to get to bolts on back of the rear (firewall side) valve cover is out of the question right now however Lucas has a new style leak stop that is for just this very thing and it’s in a 5W-30 oil not the super thick oil stop leak that Lucas has made for many years
I’m a retired Audi tech and understand that this is not a mechanical repair but today the new ways these companies approach this stuff is better then it used to be This is a good product and can be relied on for quite awhile of performance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.