SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Pilot Assist Steering recommendation time interval

717 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  FusionRedXC60 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Just curious, seems like when using Pilot Assist, the 'steering recommendation' notifcation pops up after around 12 to 15 seconds. Has that been everyone else's experience as well? I'm usually going 65 to 80 mph when using it, but is the interval longer at slower speeds, etc.? Does anyone know all the factors involved in the interval? I did a google search and a forum search but clearly my search criteria was lacking because i couldn't find any usable results. I really wish the interval was longer -- and i know that could potentially raise safety concerns, but i'm just being honest.

Thanks!
Jeff

#2 ·
First, you don't want it to pop up. Just watch the road and do some micro manipulation to your like and it will be happy.
On different roads PA will take different interval to remind you. If you drive on right lane, where the surface slightly tilted to the right, PA could be less sensitive to detect your hand.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.