SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

savagegeese 2020 V60 CC Review

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Power6 
#1 ·

#3 ·
Pretty consistent with all the other reviews. Interior is fabulous, build quality is high, Sensus is slow to boot, transmission is sluggish, and the engine sounds like a vacuum cleaner.

#6 ·
I wish the car did come with active exhausts. However when he was speaker about power I was wondering if he got the polestar optimized car. I have zero complaints about power and I know I'm repeating myself but came from a modified SQ5. The car is faster then all cars in the segment other then Mercedes AMG E63

#4 ·
To me, the engine sounds like a Diesel engine. He said it is a quiet car but I get a lot of road noise and that is something I dislike.

#9 ·
I find the road noise pretty minimal in the car. The XC90 had more road noise, maybe because of the larger tires? I do find the engine is louder in the V60 P* than my former XC90 T6. The SQ5 was louder due to the exhaust... but I loved the growl on start up.

#10 · (Edited)
Lots of negative comments at the end of the savagegeese review concerning the 4-cylinder engine. I do think that Volvo makes a mistake by not at least offering a V6 version of at least some of its vehicles, at the luxury price arena that Volvo plays in. I don't think there's another brand making cars with MSRP over $50k-$60k that doesn't offer at least a V6, if not larger. It can't be entirely about EU emissions regulations, because the German luxury automakers continue to all sell V6 and V8 cars, along with their 4-cylinder versions. Volvo certainly loses a lot of sales because of their only offering the 4-cylinder variations, but I guess that they calculate it's not worth their bother. In the absence of V6 or V8 engines, Volvo should be way ahead of where they are now in the BEV and PHEV game. I do hope that they'll come out with V60 and V90 Cross Country wagons in BEV form.

#11 ·
It can't be entirely about EU emissions regulations, because the German luxury automakers continue to all sell V6 and V8 cars, along with their 4-cylinder versions.
I think it's about only supporting one single engine design, building all the engines for every model on a single line. Engineering and production efficiency. I recall reading to that effect in an industry article.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.