Dealers that discount
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Question Dealers that discount

Hello, everyone. I looking to buy my first Volvo in Chicago. Previously owned a fleet of Saabs, a Mercedes and BMW's.

My last purchase was a BMW and I used an out of state dealer that sells cars online to forum members everywhere for a flat 8-10% off msrp before rebates, no negotiations needed. Whether he finds it for you in local stock, or orders it custom, you pretty much pay a rock bottom price. It worked out really well to buy a car from him and have it delivered locally. Saved me a bundle.

New to the Volvo world, I'm wondering if there is a similar "guy" or if anyone has advice on the best deal I can expect on a 2020 XC90 T6 Inscription. If, god forbid, you're are looking for a beemer, I'm happy to share my guy as well, he's no secret.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Volvo Overseas Delivery aka "OSD". Saved us about 10% off MSRP and mostly free trip to Sweden. Factory tour and lunch included. Wife loved every second of it.

Coop
      Last edited by coopville; 02-21-2020 at 12:45 PM.
      2020 XC90 T8i

Most of the times such dealers exist you end up paying a bit more in hidden fees... sale price is not a consumer safe way to shop for a car.
      Volvo Sales Guy
      VCOA Member

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Depending on which version of the XC90 you are interested you could get more that’s 8-10% off at a dealership without going through a third party. I did a quick check at the dealership near me and a 2020 XC90 T6 Inscription is listed at 11% off MSRP.

That was the discount listed on the website.
      My bride’s - 2019 XC40 (July 2019 OSD), Momentum Mine - 2013 VW GTI Drivers Edition and 1996 VW GTI VR6 (bought new and still love it) Ours - 2008 Jeep GC Limited with a Hemi.

I had a great experience at the Volvo dealer in Oak Park several years ago - you might give them a try.
      Past: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60R M, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD, '05 V70R GT
      Present: '95 854 T-5R, '06 XC70, '15 XC70 T6, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

Any chance you have access to A-plan through your or your spouse’s work?
      2013 S60 T5 w/ BLIS
      2016 XC90 T6 Inscription w/ Climate Package, Convenience Package and Vision Package
      2018 V90CC T6 w/ Luxury Package, B&W, Convenience Package, Protection Package and Advanced Package
      2008 Subaru Legacy Spec.B - Sold

Got 10K off my S60 purchase last year through good old fashioned negotiation.

Walked in and said I'd like 10K off MSRP, and you'll have yourself a sale. They laughed, talked, debated, came back with several offers, sent various levels of managers out to scope us out... Tried high pressure tactics... Low pressure tactics... Etc.

Eventually, they came back with 10K off and we signed.

Helped that it was a Friday and the end of the month, but still, just be firm with what you're looking for. And always remember the cardinal rule of negotiation, always be ready to walk away. As soon as they realize you want it more than they want to to sell it, you've lost. I've literally stood up and headed for the door in prior car buying situations, you'd be amazed how quick "that's my final offer" turns into "wait, maybe we can do something better" as your literally walking out of the dealership. 😉
      2018 XC 60 | T6 AWD P* | Momentum | Onyx Black/Amber | Convenience/Vision/Advanced/Nav/Cold Weather

Where I'm at (SoCal), nearly every dealer offered discount, up to, or beyond 15% MSRP, just based on simple cross-shopping/negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by ACC View Post
      Hello, everyone. I looking to buy my first Volvo in Chicago. Previously owned a fleet of Saabs, a Mercedes and BMW's.

My last purchase was a BMW and I used an out of state dealer that sells cars online to forum members everywhere for a flat 8-10% off msrp before rebates, no negotiations needed. Whether he finds it for you in local stock, or orders it custom, you pretty much pay a rock bottom price. It worked out really well to buy a car from him and have it delivered locally. Saved me a bundle.

New to the Volvo world, I'm wondering if there is a similar "guy" or if anyone has advice on the best deal I can expect on a 2020 XC90 T6 Inscription. If, god forbid, you're are looking for a beemer, I'm happy to share my guy as well, he's no secret.

Thanks!
      @ACC, I'm a Michigander and bought my V90CC roughly around two years ago from an out-of-state Volvo Dealership in Schaumburg, IL. Patrick Volvo. If I remember correctly, they had around 10 V90CCs in-stock, and that made it considerably easier to haggle on the price. I ended up buying a fully-loaded MY18 V90CC for around 18-20% discount on the sticker price. Remember, I did not qualify for any A-Plan/Cosco pricing and this was a pure dealership discount. I bought my MY18 V90CC in the last week of June 2018.

The thing that worked in my favor was, the MY19s were coming in, the dealer had a bunch of MY18 inventory lying around, he had multiple V90CCs in stock, and he was highly motivated to sell.

My advice is,

1) Irrespective of which dealership you go with (in-state/out-of-state), see what their inventory looks like. For ex., if a dealership has only a couple of XC90s lying around, he will not be as motivated as a dealership who has a couple of dozens of XC90s.

2) New model-year Vehicles start arriving mid-year, so dealership normally are more motivated to move inventory starting mid-year. The earlier after the mid-year, the better options you will have but you will pay a tiny bit more for them, as compared to shopping at the end-of-year when the discounts might be more, but all the better-ones might be already sold off. It's your call to balance the cost v/s the specific combination of Vehicles you're looking at.

3) Prove your commitment to buying a Vehicle. The last thing a dealership wants to see is a window-shopper wasting a couple of weeks of their time, haggling their way to the bottom, and then pulling out last second because he's not really ready to dump $50-60-70k on a Vehicle, and gets cold feet.

Cheers and happy shopping!
      2018 Volvo V90 CC T6 Polestar'd

What It's Like To Own A Volvo V90 Cross Country?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYbC8bg-N8c

12. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements