SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

C30 intake

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  paradoxicallymodified 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, just upgraded to a 2009 c30 t5 and I love it. My old v50 was great but I wish it had a turbo, this is loads zippier. Anyways I want to hear some woosh noises and was wondering what route to go. I figured I could get a cone filter and make a heat shield and bracket for the ECU and route air with the stock intake snorkel. Down the road pick up the turbo intake pipe and be a fair amount under what an injen costs. I should be fine to just mount a filter right off the mad house right? I'm trying to go back through the old threads but pictures aren't there anymore and it isn't always clear what worked. Thanks guys

#3 ·
Intakes thoroughly explained:

Stock air box is best. Spend $150 on an upper intake pipe and high flow filter and you'll be set for performance and mild sound gains.
You can slap a cone filter before the MAF or run a cone filter intake if you really want, but a lot of these will require tuning to avoid MAF related CELs.

#4 ·
Another option as well.

Similar to Polstar concept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.