This man is my hero
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

This man is my hero

Any of you guys watch this guy's channel? I know hes a P80 guy but still awesome to see his work as a lot of it is very similar to P2 stuff.
      Last edited by R-Pow3R3d; 02-25-2020 at 11:05 PM.
      2004 S60R M66 Electric Silver Nordkap
      Stage 2 Contrast Tune, Snabb Intercooler/Charge Pipes/Tial Recirc, Snabb Downpipe, IPD Catback
      KW V2s, Kaplhenke Front Strut Mounts with 2.5" springs, PDV Rear Strut Mounts with KW springs, IPD V70R Track Spec Sway Bars, IPD Rear Toe Links, Kaplhenke Delrin Front Subframe Bushings, Powerflex Race Bushings almost everywhere
      TTV SMF with 06/07 Volvo Clutch, IPD SS Brake Lines

FOR SALE (2/22/20) - Save her from the scrap yard: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...ring-Overhaul)
      2004 V70 2.4 NA AW-55 FWD Ruby Red Metallic

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Wypipo (with ponytails) have too much time on their hands. Imagine reading Mencius and learning Korean for 4 hours, or having s*x w/ his gf for 4 minutes.

Haha, I think it's awesome. He literally designed his own angle gear housing. But I'm a white guy with a ponytail so I fit the stereotype.
      Stage 2 Contrast Tune, Snabb Intercooler/Charge Pipes/Tial Recirc, Snabb Downpipe, IPD Catback
      KW V2s, Kaplhenke Front Strut Mounts with 2.5" springs, PDV Rear Strut Mounts with KW springs, IPD V70R Track Spec Sway Bars, IPD Rear Toe Links, Kaplhenke Delrin Front Subframe Bushings, Powerflex Race Bushings almost everywhere

FOR SALE (2/22/20) - Save her from the scrap yard: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...ring-Overhaul)

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I miss Kopp's frozen custard lots.

Wonder if it's compatible with a P2R?
      06R Custom Electric Blue Silver
      07R Magic Blue - Sold
      04 Bonatti Gray Rover Disco HSE
      09 Iridium Silver SLK55 AMG P30 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
      Wonder if it's compatible with a P2R?
      It's not but in one of the comments he mentioned that it's very close to a P2 angle gear and he has to only change a couple of dimensions quickly to generate a P2 angle gear housing.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Matt is a wicked smart dude and has a bad ass 700+whp brick too.
      The angle gear housing he is making is significantly stronger and should handle large hp builds (provided a full FEA analysis to back up his claims). He has the angle gear designed modularity so that a conversion to P2 is a relatively simple swap. He's planning on selling them through his website which I'm sure is linked in one of his videos.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yeah I've been reading his build thread, he's gone through a few engines looks like.

Is that weak AG case a P80 specific problem? I don't think I've heard of that happening to P2Rs at all but most of us aren't running big power like he is.

Quote Originally Posted by TristanScott View Post
      Yeah I've been reading his build thread, he's gone through a few engines looks like.

Is that weak AG case a P80 specific problem? I don't think I've heard of that happening to P2Rs at all but most of us aren't running big power like he is.
      Yeah i've blown up a lot of engines. Mostly because I built and tuned them all myself. It was a very tough learning curve but I hit the nail on the head with my latest engine. 700whp (mustang dyno) on only about 32 psi. Cant wait to see what it make at 40-45 psi or with a larger turbo. The bottom end itself is good for 1200hp+.

The P80 is significantly weaker than the P2 version. Mostly due to case design & gear ratio changes. However I don't see the P2 case holding up to hard launches with drag radials on a track. I also think a lot of people aren't breaking the p2 units is because they get massive wheel spin in first gear. If they actually hooked they would probably pop instantly.

I do plan on offering a p2 version if the p80 version is successful. With a P80 version designed and test a P2 will be very easy to design. I can reuse most of the P80 version. Still lots of physical testing ahead of me.
      Last edited by Simply Volvo; 03-06-2020 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simply Volvo View Post
      Yeah i've blown up a lot of engines. Mostly because I built and tuned them all myself. It was a very tough learning curve but I hit the nail on the head with my latest engine. 700whp (mustang dyno) on only about 32 psi. Cant wait to see what it make at 40-45 psi or with a larger turbo. The bottom end itself is good for 1200hp+.

The P80 is significantly weaker than the P2 version. Mostly due to case design & gear ratio changes. However I don't see the P2 case holding up to hard launches with drag radials on a track. I also think a lot of people aren't breaking the p2 units is because they get massive wheel spin in first gear. If they actually hooked they would probably pop instantly.
      Thanks for chiming in!

Yeah that's going to be ridiculous haha. Looking forward to seeing videos of that thing rip! I'm surprised the rest of the driveline isn't falling apart, transmission, the actual gears in the angle gear, driveshafts...

Quote Originally Posted by TristanScott View Post
      Thanks for chiming in!

Yeah that's going to be ridiculous haha. Looking forward to seeing videos of that thing rip! I'm surprised the rest of the driveline isn't falling apart, transmission, the actual gears in the angle gear, driveshafts...
      My car is still FWD, thats why its holding together. The FWD M56H is very very strong and so are the axles. Im only just starting the AWD swap.

My car is still FWD, thats why its holding together. The FWD M56H is very very strong and so are the axles. Im only just starting the AWD swap.
      Oh yeah, right. That's the donor car that had the angle gear in it.

Its real now.

Its real now.

I saw. Came out awesome. Nice work man.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Fantastic work Matt!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Its real now.

Just let me know when you need me to stop by with my Flash to test fit LOL
      /2006 S60 T5 /K24/R Calipers/17" pegs/OBX/Koni/Eibach/JVC/SNABB/IPDSway,
      /2004 V70 R/M66 /05+ Tails/ 05+ Console/Evolve Intake/IPD Sways/OZ/Kenwood/PHUZZ
      /2005 V70XC -Stock
      /2004 V70XC - Project Truk
      Unquestionable faith is the Epitome of Ignorance. - me
      Quote Originally Posted by Chicago_Wagon View Post
      (Sh!t, did I just agree with Chilled Man?) .

Wow, the aluminum one came out great.

I'd love to see what breaks next on an R if you do a full 2-step drag launch with sticky tires. I'd imagine the rear diff would grenade pretty quickly, it is not very big.
      | 04 V70R Titanium Grey/Nordkap M66 | Hilton Stage 2 | Mototec DP & Touring Exhaust | ERST Springs | Summer Mode: 18" Fast FC04A | Winter Mode: 18" Pegs |

20. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements