Non-Affiliated Finds, Nonsense, and Numerous Rabbit Holes - March 2020 - Page 32
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast
    Results 1,086 to 1,120 of 1234
      Quote Originally Posted by abcdefghii View Post
      What's your instagram?

Also, teenagers are dumb, in some ways I can understand why they don't really comprehend the reality of the situation, on the flip side it is not difficult to understand why the measures are in place. Trying to explain to my oldest why it is not a smart idea to have his friends from a town with confirmed cases come and visit was like talking to a brick wall, completely infuriating.
      I fault the education system, look you seem to have gotten stuck on the letter i. why have kids read Lord of the Flies, all it says is kids are irresponsible, immoral and unethical. an. apt book report from an astute student would be "tell me something I don't know".

when my oldest was three I had the same thought....brickwall, unbelievable. kids these days!!!
      '97 855 , '74 144

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JaredR View Post
      https://www.instagram.com/jareds_volvo_page/

I don't get it with that teenager thing. My parents tell me I wasn't that way nor do I remember being that way. Trying to create your identity while simultaneously discarding logic doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
      I think I may have finally solved the mystery. Jared is from the planet Vulcan. (or the programmers deliberately left out code to not let Jare-D2 know he is not human, note how he can't "remember being that way". hmmmmm) helps explain the age/wisom gap as well (how does he be that wise at that age?). 23 on Vulcan must equal 62 on earth who knew we were the same age.
      Last edited by nnn4865; 03-26-2020 at 05:13 PM.
      '97 855 , '74 144

https://www.instagram.com/jareds_volvo_page/

I don't get it with that teenager thing. My parents tell me I wasn't that way nor do I remember being that way. Trying to create your identity while simultaneously discarding logic doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
      Added you, thanks.... I was not that way as a teenager, neither was my wife, not really sure where he gets it from but it is maddening at times.

Quote Originally Posted by nnn4865 View Post
      when my oldest was three I had the same thought....brickwall, unbelievable. kids these days!!!
      At least a three year old has an excuse, an almost 15 year old, yeah, not so much.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by abcdefghii View Post
      Added you, thanks.... I was not that way as a teenager, neither was my wife, not really sure where he gets it from but it is maddening at times.

At least a three year old has an excuse, an almost 15 year old, yeah, not so much.
      note to abc, I'm a sarcastic SOB. I gotta watch out lest my commentary gets me thrown into a Plymouth Voyager and driven off this forum. sorry everyone, I blame my bad behavior on the lack of good car finds. (skywolf) I'm missing that good digital molestation.

page 32, good lord!!!
      Last edited by nnn4865; 03-26-2020 at 05:09 PM.
      '97 855 , '74 144

THIS is the best laugh of the day. Let it out. Let it out!!
      Quote Originally Posted by skywolf View Post
      Itís not healthy to hold it in.
      "The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

How about a Plymouth Volare. I KNOW you remember those, and Ricardo Montalban... Corinthian leather, baby.
      note to abc, I'm a sarcastic SOB. I gotta watch out lest my commentary gets me thrown into a Plymouth Voyager and driven off this forum. sorry everyone, I blame my bad behavior on the lack of good car finds. (skywolf) I'm missing that good digital molestation.

page 32, good lord!!!
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      How about a Plymouth Volare. I KNOW you remember those, and Ricardo Montalban... Corinthian leather, baby.
      We had a Volare - it was a decent car. 225 cid slant six motor.

The one with the Corinthian leather was the Chrysler Cordoba, lol.
      Past: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60R M, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD, '05 V70R GT
      Present: '95 854 T-5R, '06 XC70, '15 XC70 T6, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

My kids are so bored they're listening to 80s/90s Tagrget Decades CDs on my rockin' house system with a sub. The house above me is seriously poppin' while I sit in the basement trying to finish something for work (I had to restart gotomypc and the wifi). They've also discovered the Wii is actually fun again and have been challenging their ES age scores on golf, bowling and tennis, ski jumping. We were just outside doing shots of Deep Eddy Lemon and playing corn hole with 80s rock on the back yard system earlier. The neighbors looked jealous but it's my son's birthday and hey, you live once. Glad we all like each other have fun together cause it's been two weeks and doesn't look like it's ending soon. Have done two puzzles in a few hours (500 piece) and have played Boggle, Scrabble and cards.

#CoronaVirusDoesntStopFunInQuaratines
      Last edited by ZZZZZZZ; 03-26-2020 at 07:08 PM.

Oh, damn - you're right! The slant 6 was a great motor. Never had one but every once in a while I get a little nostalgic when I see a real Dart GTS. Never had one, and today it's probably a BIG car, but back then it was known as a compact.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne T5 View Post

Sergio Franchi was the sort of pitchman for the Volare, after all that was his song!

We had a wagon and it was considered a mid-size car then, about the size of a modern day V90.

Ours didn't have factory air so my dad had aftermarket A/C added that was only good for spitting little ice cubes at the passengers from time to time, lol.

Very nice to spend time with your kids - those times are precious and all too fleeting.
      Past: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60R M, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD, '05 V70R GT
      Present: '95 854 T-5R, '06 XC70, '15 XC70 T6, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

I had a Dart with the slant-6 in it that was just about bulletproof until my brother managed to drive it over some rocks and punch a hole in the oil pan lol... and I would take that old beater any day over a Voyager
      09 XC70 T6 "Maxamoose"
      Many, many Miatas

good catch!! and who could forget the infamous Plymouth "gold" Duster with a roof "that looked like it came off a gold reptile". vinyl roofs, who ever came up with that idea?

gd.jpg
      Last edited by nnn4865; 03-26-2020 at 08:11 PM.
      '97 855 , '74 144

LOL. "popular-selling compact car"
      188.4" long 71.7" wide...3,114 pounds
      (15.7' long, 5.9 feet wide)
      240HP

A VR is 185x71...3,689 lbs
      300HP

good catch!! and who could forget the infamous Plymouth "gold" Duster with a roof "that looked like it came off a gold reptile". vinyl roofs, who ever came up with that idea?

Yeah - good stuff.
      Very nice to spend time with your kids - those times are precious and all too fleeting.

I don't get heavily into politics and whether you like or hate Trump, he and we have a bad ass MOFO working for us. I never served in the Military and never knew who this guy was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csfCKuy5HH8&t=243s
      01 S60 T5M Black, middle sons
      00 S70 GLT Black, youngest sons
      01 E46 325 XI Touring Silver, Wifes, totalled, bought back, repaired
      00 S70 GLT5 SE Moondisaster, T5 Swap, MINE !

Quote Originally Posted by UT OLI View Post
      I don't get heavily into politics and whether you like or hate Trump, he and we have a bad ass MOFO working for us. I never served in the Military and never knew who this guy was.

thanks Ute!!!
      '97 855 , '74 144

I think I may have finally solved the mystery. Jared is from the planet Vulcan. (or the programmers deliberately left out code to let Jare-D2 know he is not human, note how he can't "remember being that way". hmmmmm) helps explain the age/wisom gap as well. 23 on Vulcan= 62 on earth who knew we were the same age.
      LOL. You'll get a kick out of this one then. Back when I was teaching sailing there were some of us instructors who would just hang out and be accessible to the kids if any of them wanted to hang out during lunch sometimes. So one day I was having lunch with this kid, who was in the class I was teaching and would come up with a new running joke every week, and one of the other instructors who was teaching the class with me and is on a sorta similar life trajectory as I am (only kid, older parents, not into normal kids stuff). Somehow we got onto the idea of "old souls." This kid just wasn't getting it so finally she's like "Jared and I are old souls." So he thinks about that for a minute and seems to come to an understanding so he and I hop into another game of Connect 4.

Next week he shows up and the running joke is that I'm an old guy living at a retirement home hanging out with all the old ladies there LOL. Kid turned out to be a genius. I let him get way too much mileage out of that one lol.
      1995 850 T-5R Estate. AW50-42LE. Cream Yellow/Graphite. 297k.
      1997 850R Estate. B5234T9/M66D. Bright Red/Graphite. 270k.
      2007 S60 T5. M66W. Black Sapphire/Arena. 140k.
      Instagram: Jared's Volvo Page

Past: |1997 855R. Bright Red/Light Beige. AW50-42LE. Totaled by wayward construction equipment. || 1996 854R. Black Stone/Graphite. AW50-42LE. Parts car || 1995 854 TURBO. Polar White/Tan. AW50-42LE. Parts car. |
      Dad: 1997 V70 T5 SE. AW50-42LE. Frost Green/Oak. 212k.Mom: NEW! 1999 S70 GLT Pewter/Oak. 101k. Past: 2004 V70 NA. AW55-50SN Ruby Red/Tan 269k. Sold to markj

On a side note, if you haven't already done this before, go on your states website for unclaimed property. I was trying to find some Pepsico stock that didn't xfer into my mom's new Schwab account i set up for her. Turns out she didn't cash a couple piddly dividend checks and Computer Share (the custodian and they SUCK !!) never notified her and sent the entire holdings into Escheat to the state of IL. Found 9 additional claims for her totaling about $3200 bucks. I Then got curious and found out my wife had an old paycheck she never cashed and my sister has about 4 claims she can make. No were not all irresponsible with money, but life can get busy at times and for one reason or another a check can get misplaced or tossed accidentally. As JG Wentworth says "Its Your Money and You Need It Now"

she's like "Jared and I are old souls." .
      BINGO!!! glad you said it. didn't want to be the geezer spouting out cliches. back in the dark ages, my first grade teacher asked my mother if I got enough vitamins. when asked why, she said I acted like an old man. unfortunately for me 'old soul' references wisdom, not lethargy.
      '97 855 , '74 144

On a side note, if you haven't already done this before, go on your states website for unclaimed property. I was trying to find some Pepsico stock that didn't xfer into my mom's new Schwab account i set up for her. Turns out she didn't cash a couple piddly dividend checks and Computer Share (the custodian and they SUCK !!) never notified her and sent the entire holdings into Escheat to the state of IL. Found 9 additional claims for her totaling about $3200 bucks. I Then got curious and found out my wife had an old paycheck she never cashed and my sister has about 4 claims she can make. No were not all irresponsible with money, but life can get busy at times and for one reason or another a check can get misplaced or tossed accidentally. As JG Wentworth says "Its Your Money and You Need It Now"
      so is my 15 year old fandango gift certificate from my sister still valid? any theaters showing Apocalypse Now?
      '97 855 , '74 144

Jared (only kid, older parents, not into normal kids stuff) This makes total sense from an upbringing standpoint, there is benefit to that and seems they taught you well. My mom and step dad were puffing dubies during the mid 70's in the basement jamming Zeppelin while i sat upstairs in the hallway probably with a full contact buzz thumping my head to the wall of John Bonham's beats. Explains the cranium flat spot but i did end up being a drummer. That was a different generation and times. Sailing talk....one of my best friends from Chicago raced the Mackinac 30+ years. He had a Farr40 and put me on the bow to ingest some of lake Michigans ecoli water that season.

so is my 15 year old fandango gift certificate from my sister still valid? any theaters showing Apocalypse Now?
      They transferred those to drive in theaters only. Gotta keep the distance

YES! Totally worth doing! I found a random old paycheck from HS. Then I found lost assets which belonged to a bunch of family and friends. Totally worth the few minutes it takes to check in the state you're living, as well as any states you've lived in previously.
      2004 V70R MT TiGray/Nordkap - Replica 18" Pegs - Handbrake Mod
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport Passion Red/Off-Black - Serpentine Belt, Tensioner & Idler Pulleys - Spark Plug Replacement - Y-Pipe Replacement
      1990 745 Turbo Intercooler White/Beige
      2006 & 2007 XC70
      VIDA/DICE Owner - SS Lurker Since 2009 - '06-'07 Transmission Valve Body Info - SR/VR Failing Throttle Body
      Current Non-Volvo: 2007 VTX 1800 F3, 2002 VT750DC
      Previous: 2006 S60R

BINGO!!! glad you said it. didn't want to be the geezer spouting out cliches. back in the dark ages, my first grade teacher asked my mother if I got enough vitamins. when asked why, she said I acted like an old man. unfortunately for me 'old soul' references wisdom, not lethargy.
      LOL! One of my other friends (also.....ready for it? only kid, older parents, not into normal kids stuff.......lol see a theme here?) had almost the exact same thing happen. Recess would come and she'd go relax in the chaise lounge (she grew up in the Caribbean.....guess they have those at school down there ). So one day her dad goes to pick her up and the mention this to him and hes like "sounds like a smart kid to me!"

Past: |1997 855R. Bright Red/Light Beige. AW50-42LE. Totaled by wayward construction equipment. || 1996 854R. Black Stone/Graphite. AW50-42LE. Parts car || 1995 854 TURBO. Polar White/Tan. AW50-42LE. Parts car. |
      Dad: 1997 V70 T5 SE. AW50-42LE. Frost Green/Oak. 212k.Mom: NEW! 1999 S70 GLT Pewter/Oak. 101k. Past: 2004 V70 NA. AW55-50SN Ruby Red/Tan 269k. Sold to markj

Jared (only kid, older parents, not into normal kids stuff) This makes total sense from an upbringing standpoint, there is benefit to that and seems they taught you well. My mom and step dad were puffing dubies during the mid 70's in the basement jamming Zeppelin while i sat upstairs in the hallway probably with a full contact buzz thumping my head to the wall of John Bonham's beats. Explains the cranium flat spot but i did end up being a drummer. That was a different generation and times. Sailing talk....one of my best friends from Chicago raced the Mackinac 30+ years. He had a Farr40 and put me on the bow to ingest some of lake Michigans ecoli water that season.
      Hey some of my friends' parents are still doing that too. But that takes us out of the only child, older parents demographic. Ha back to my crazy road trips (why do we keep ending up here lol) I remember one time one of them was telling the story of when she was like 5 or 6 and figured out that her parents were getting high while she wasn't paying attention. And she's like "this is kinda scary; what if I need them while they're high?" Although they weren't doing it in the basement blasting Zeppelin. That said, I think in every other case I can think of where I'm aware of the parents doing that, both the parents and kids were a bit more, uh, on the wild side.

Farr40s are pretty epic. Would love to sail on one someday. ecoli water is definitely 1/epic but I love the midwest and sailing on the lakes out there. One of my friends who is originally from Milwaukee invited me out to his family's lake house just west of Milwaukee a couple summers ago to drink WI craft beer and rip around the lake on the MC scow. What a riot that thing was. I wish we could sail stuff like that here but it just wouldn't work on the ocean. And sailing on salt water does have its advantages, LOL.

thanks Ute!!!
      That guy doesnít sleep. An effective communicator. Whatís his name and rank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blast from the past pics. When I worked for Volvo. These two C70's were going to Ford HQ( was taken right after Ford bought Volvo)
      This pic is off my car company S80, when I around 20 or 21 years old. It was only a 2.9. So had a little fun with it and took that badge off, added a R badge an had the paint shop paint the black plastic trim all body color sometime during the first 6 months after I got it. Drove it for two years too then.

Current: 2000 V70R, 2020 S90 T6 R-Design
      Past: 1997 850 R , 1997 850 GLT, 1996 850 Turbo
      Others: 2018 GMC Terrain, 2013 Acura TSX (Hers)
      Retired: 2012 VW Jetta, 2010 VW Passat, 2007 Honda Accord, 2000 Ford Ranger, 1997 Pontiac Firebird

Low mile '01 T5 manual swap candidate

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/c...098829777.html
      Current: 2000 V70R, 2020 S90 T6 R-Design
      Past: 1997 850 R , 1997 850 GLT, 1996 850 Turbo
      Others: 2018 GMC Terrain, 2013 Acura TSX (Hers)
      Retired: 2012 VW Jetta, 2010 VW Passat, 2007 Honda Accord, 2000 Ford Ranger, 1997 Pontiac Firebird

gd.jpg
      So cool, a high school buddy had one exactly like it. Really good condition, considering it was at least 13 years old!
      2007 V70R M66 Titanium Gray/Nordkap
      2009 S60 2.5T AW55 AWD Ice White/Oak Shark Stage 1

Watching this makes me realize, that regardless of role in life, and age, we need more 'no bullsh1t' people.
      2007 V70R M66 Titanium Gray/Nordkap
      2009 S60 2.5T AW55 AWD Ice White/Oak Shark Stage 1

Quote Originally Posted by 3man View Post
      Watching this makes me realize, that regardless of role in life, and age, we need more 'no bullsh1t' people.
      100%. Especially in government.

Man, that guy know what's up. Makes me wonder how much better the situation would be if your president was that competent and mentally coherent as well...
      1996 854R | M56H | 16T | 268k

Quote Originally Posted by sventastic View Post
      Man, that guy know what's up. Makes me wonder how much better the situation would be if your president was that competent and mentally coherent as well...

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      That guy doesnít sleep. An effective communicator. Whatís his name and rank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I believe he's a General and head of the Army Core of Engineers

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast