Advanced Package Worth It?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Results 1 to 35 of 53
    1. #1
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2020
      Posts
      2

      Advanced Package Worth It?

      Looking at either leasing new or purchasing CPO Volvo S60. Two questions. First, is the advanced package really worth the additional money? I currently have an Acura TLX A-Spec and do enjoy the adaptive cruise control (don't use it always though). Second, without the advanced package, is there much difference between Inscription/R-Design and Momentum with Nav package?

      Any advice appreciated.

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #2
      Junior Member genesmasher's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      San Diego
      Posts
      729
      For me, the only marginally useful feature in Advance pack is 360 degree camera. With heavy SoCal traffic, adaptive cruise control is useful 1% of the time. I hate seeing anything in front of my face other than the road, so HUD is not something I would voluntarily pay for. Active bending lights are somewhat useful in rural areas, I guess.

      Momentum is fine if you can live with base seats in synthetic leather. Other features are not as critical, IMHO. If massage function important to you - Inscription is the only choice. The only way to get Nappa contour seats is with RD, which takes both Momentum and Inscription out of the equation for me personally.
      2019 S60 T6 R-design Polestar / Fusion Red / Black
      2018 XC60 T8 AWD Inscription Vision Lux Air / Fusion Red / Black
      past:
      2018 S60 T5 Dynamic Sport Vision Nav / Onyx Black / Black
      2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum Sport BLIS / Power Blue / Blond|Black
      2014 S60 T5 Prem Plus Sport BLIS Xenons / Ember Black / Beechwood

    4. #3
      Junior Member Kamil's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Posts
      731
      For me it is...

      As for the heavy traffic and adaptive cruise control comment. Iím not sure if mine is updated as itís a 2020 however pilot assist almost works 100% hands-free and keeps you exactly in the path itís awesome and heavy traffic as youíre almost never have to steer or keep your feet on the petals as you can also accelerate with pressing the steering wheel after you come to a complete stop. I drove a lot of teslas and in my opinion it work just as well. So give it a try in heavy traffic and see if you had the same results. Iím not sure if mine is updated as itís a 2020 however pilot assist almost works 100% hands-free and keeps you exactly in the path itís awesome and heavy traffic as youíre almost never have to steer or keep your feet on the petals as you can also accelerate with pressing the steering wheel after you come to a complete stop. I drove a lot of teslas and in my opinion it worked just as well. So give it a try in heavy traffic and see if you have the same results
      2020 V60 CC

    5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

    6. #4
      Junior Member genesmasher's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      San Diego
      Posts
      729
      Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
      ...
      As for the heavy traffic and adaptive cruise control comment. Iím not sure if mine is updated as itís a 2020 however pilot assist almost works 100% hands-free and keeps you exactly in the path itís awesome and heavy traffic as youíre almost never have to steer or keep your feet on the petals as you can also accelerate with pressing the steering wheel after you come to a complete stop. I drove a lot of teslas and in my opinion it work just as well. So give it a try in heavy traffic and see if you had the same results. ..
      I guess I just don't have the guts to trust the car to drive itself - hands-free and with no feet on pedals. More power to you
      2019 S60 T6 R-design Polestar / Fusion Red / Black
      2018 XC60 T8 AWD Inscription Vision Lux Air / Fusion Red / Black
      past:
      2018 S60 T5 Dynamic Sport Vision Nav / Onyx Black / Black
      2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum Sport BLIS / Power Blue / Blond|Black
      2014 S60 T5 Prem Plus Sport BLIS Xenons / Ember Black / Beechwood

    7. #5
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2018
      Location
      Concord NH
      Posts
      164
      I really like the Advanced Package features. Heads up display, PA, and a few of the other features. To me...These things are worth the extra cost. Nice that it can be an option.

    8. #6
      Member rumyn's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      1,275
      Yes. ACC alone is worth it.
      I haven't had a car without it since 2013.
      His: Osmium Grey - 2019 S60 T6 R-Design AWD, Polestar, Advanced, 19" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Hers: Onyx Black - 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD, Maroon Brown, Advanced, Luxury, 20" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Lemon Law Buyback thread

    9. #7
      Junior Member Catfiend's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Location
      Olympic Peninsula
      Posts
      233
      Quote Originally Posted by rumyn View Post
      Yes. ACC alone is worth it.
      I haven't had a car without it since 2013.
      I've only had it on rentals, but after the first time trying it I knew that my next car would have it - lack of ACC would disqualify.


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      2001 V70, 2.4T White/blond (outgoing)
      2020 XC60 T8, Inscription White/blond (incoming - sometime)

    10. #8
      Member Avboden's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2010
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      2,243
      100% worth it, I wouldn't consider one of these without it.
      2019 S60 T6 Inscription
      1998 V70R. RIP Transmission
      1973 Volvo 1800ES which will someday get a T6 engine

    11. #9
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2018
      Location
      Lodi NJ
      Posts
      474
      deff worth it
      Own:
      2018 s90 T6 AWD Inscription w/air suspension B&W Brown interior.
      2017 s60 inscription Platinum FWD
      2003 Oldsmobile Aurora.
      Had:
      2001, 2002 ,Oldsmobile Aurora.
      1998, 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue.

      Paul.

    12. #10
      Junior Member Kamil's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Posts
      731
      Quote Originally Posted by genesmasher View Post
      I guess I just don't have the guts to trust the car to drive itself - hands-free and with no feet on pedals. More power to you
      All depends on the driver.

      trust me Iím more aware and paying attention when I use the system vs having my hands on the wheel and eye on the radio or my phone.

      However, I do agree as most of this systems are misunderstood and abused. But I would not make claims that the system is worthless in heavy traffic when itís quite the opposite.
      2020 V60 CC

    13. #11
      Junior Member genesmasher's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      San Diego
      Posts
      729
      Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
      All depends on the driver.

      trust me Iím more aware and paying attention when I use the system vs having my hands on the wheel and eye on the radio or my phone.

      However, I do agree as most of this systems are misunderstood and abused. But I would not make claims that the system is worthless in heavy traffic when itís quite the opposite.
      You just made my argument for me - if you have to be MORE focused when you are using ACC in heavy traffic, then what is the point of it? In my experience driving around LA and San Diego for the last 15 years, people here loooove to merge into very small gaps, which is very annoying and stressful as it is. Whenever I try to use ACC, the system is simply too slow to respond to accelerating traffic before the next arrogant moron gets in between my car and the car in front of me. I respect your opinion, but I will stick with mine, thank you.
      Last edited by genesmasher; 03-01-2020 at 06:28 PM.
      2019 S60 T6 R-design Polestar / Fusion Red / Black
      2018 XC60 T8 AWD Inscription Vision Lux Air / Fusion Red / Black
      past:
      2018 S60 T5 Dynamic Sport Vision Nav / Onyx Black / Black
      2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum Sport BLIS / Power Blue / Blond|Black
      2014 S60 T5 Prem Plus Sport BLIS Xenons / Ember Black / Beechwood

    14. #12
      Member Avboden's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2010
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      2,243
      The main use of it is highway driving, not necessarily heavy traffic. *fantastic* on the highways

      also you can hit the gas to accelerate and it won't disable it, it lets you speed up faster than it does if you want to.
      2019 S60 T6 Inscription
      1998 V70R. RIP Transmission
      1973 Volvo 1800ES which will someday get a T6 engine

    15. #13
      Junior Member Kamil's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Posts
      731
      Quote Originally Posted by genesmasher View Post
      You just made my argument for me - if you have to be MORE focused when you are using ACC in heavy traffic, then what is the point of it? In my experience driving around LA and San Diego for the last 15 years, people here loooove to merge into very small gaps, which is very annoying and stressful as it is. Whenever I try to use ACC, the system is simply too slow to respond to accelerating traffic before the next arrogant moron gets in between my car and the car in front of me. I respect your opinion, but I will stick with mine, thank you.

      Sounds good, to each their own. Just donít bash the system when itís one of the best on the market.
      2020 V60 CC

    16. #14
      Junior Member genesmasher's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      San Diego
      Posts
      729
      Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
      Sounds good, to each their own. Just donít bash the system when itís one of the best on the market.
      WTF?? Last time I checked this was a public forum - let the moderators decide what's appropriate. I wasn't bashing anything, I simply shared my personal experience and opinion, just like everyone else (including yourself).
      2019 S60 T6 R-design Polestar / Fusion Red / Black
      2018 XC60 T8 AWD Inscription Vision Lux Air / Fusion Red / Black
      past:
      2018 S60 T5 Dynamic Sport Vision Nav / Onyx Black / Black
      2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum Sport BLIS / Power Blue / Blond|Black
      2014 S60 T5 Prem Plus Sport BLIS Xenons / Ember Black / Beechwood

    17. #15
      Junior Member Kamil's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Posts
      731
      Quote Originally Posted by genesmasher View Post
      WTF?? Last time I checked this was a public forum - let the moderators decide what's appropriate. I wasn't bashing anything, I simply shared my personal experience and opinion, just like everyone else (including yourself).
      Why you getting so excited? Relax no one is trying to attack you not sure why so emotional.

      You making a comment that the system is 1% useful in traffic is bashing the system. If you donít like it thatís fine but the system is just fine.


      But like I said to etch their own have a beer and relax.
      2020 V60 CC

    18. #16
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2020
      Posts
      2
      Thanks all. Think I will push for the Advanced package if the price is right.

    19. #17
      Junior Member genesmasher's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      San Diego
      Posts
      729
      Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
      Why you getting so excited? Relax no one is trying to attack you not sure why so emotional.

      You making a comment that the system is 1% useful in traffic is bashing the system. If you donít like it thatís fine but the system is just fine.


      But like I said to etch their own have a beer and relax.
      LOL okay buddy {Blocked}
      2019 S60 T6 R-design Polestar / Fusion Red / Black
      2018 XC60 T8 AWD Inscription Vision Lux Air / Fusion Red / Black
      past:
      2018 S60 T5 Dynamic Sport Vision Nav / Onyx Black / Black
      2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum Sport BLIS / Power Blue / Blond|Black
      2014 S60 T5 Prem Plus Sport BLIS Xenons / Ember Black / Beechwood

    20. #18
      Member rumyn's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Location
      New Jersey
      Posts
      1,275
      Quote Originally Posted by genesmasher View Post
      LOL okay buddy {Blocked}
      Same goes for you. Thanks for making it obvious.
      This forum has turned to a place where it's not about enthusiasts anymore.

      Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
      His: Osmium Grey - 2019 S60 T6 R-Design AWD, Polestar, Advanced, 19" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Hers: Onyx Black - 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription AWD, Maroon Brown, Advanced, Luxury, 20" wheels, Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
      Lemon Law Buyback thread

    21. #19
      Junior Member v60ccfusionred's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2019
      Location
      Pittsburgh, PA
      Posts
      57
      Guys guys, let's all take a deep breath. The reason we are all here is because we are enthusiastic about our rides, and very interested in learning the most about them so we can get the most enjoyment out of them. I for one, have learned a lot about my ride just being here. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and the rest of us should take that opinion for what it actually is - just an individual opinion. There is no need to need to deride, insult, or bash someone else for anything they say. If we don't agree, let's say we don't agree and move on or just keep quiet about it. As @rumyn implied, this place will not be fun or encourage anyone to share anything if we are afraid of saying something wrong and being bashed up.

      If you are a golfer, are you the type that cusses and swears at every bad shot, or every time someone takes a little longer to line up their put, or are you the type who is out to enjoy the company of others with similar interests and down a few beers while you are at it too ??
      ________________________
      2020 V60CC
      Fusion Red Metallic/Charcoal
      T5 w/Polestar Optimization

    22. #20
      Junior Member RootDKJ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Location
      North Jersey
      Posts
      820
      I love the features in the advanced package. HUD with turn info, 360į camera for backing into the garage. Pilot Assist makes highway driving (with or without traffic) a breeze.
      2019 Bursting Blue XC60 R-Design T8
      | 21" Wheels | Exterior Style Kit | Advanced | 4C Air | B & W | CPO 10yr/Unlimited |
      2010 Maple Red XC60 T6 retired at 173,375 miles

    23. #21
      Junior Member coachlange's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      Minneapolis
      Posts
      58
      Iím completely sold on the HUD. Not sure at this point if I could go back to not having it! Also really like the 360 degree camera. Great in tight spots.

      Too me a while to get used to PA. Itís not the kind of thing you want to ďtry outĒ on n traffic if youíve never experienced it before.

      I have slowly adapted to it and now use it confidently and often. Works very well in situations I have used it in. Just take a bit of time to learn and understand the system limitations.

      Bottom line... to me, itís well worth it.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2018 XC60 T6 R-Design | Bursting Blue | Convenience | Vision | Advanced | B&W Premium Sound | Heated | Air Suspension | 21" Wheels | Polestar

    24. #22
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Location
      South Florida
      Posts
      25
      As stated above, it's all a matter of personal opinion based on how you use your car, what's important to you, and budgetary considerations.

      IMO, the Advanced Package is worth it and was one of my requirements in a car, specifically for Adaptie Headlights. I also really like the Heads Up Display. Regarding Incription/R-Design, I wanted R-Design because I prefer a firmer ride and the Sport Chassis is only available on the R-Design.

    25. #23
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2018
      Location
      Concord NH
      Posts
      164
      I agree with the choice of the R-Design over the Inscription. The seats hug you better if you have an athletic build better on the R-Design. The thigh extensions support and hold my legs in a better position than the Inscription extensions. My wife and I both prefer the firmer less floaty suspension of the R-Design too. I think large people hate seats with high bolsters and that is why it isn't a very popular trim for most people here in the USA. In fact, the R-Design is the most popular trim level in the UK (according to a Youtube I watched on a review of the 2019's).
      And here we are..Back to personal choice.
      Save Money on Insurance...Buy a Volvo?
      Get this....Where I live in NH the insurance on my new 2020 R-Design will be $345 Less than the insurance on my 2014 Elantra Coupe. List on the 2014 was $25K. List on the Volvo is $51. Volvo drivers here get a break on the insurance. Not sure it it works that way everywhere.
      Last edited by Mike999; 03-02-2020 at 10:40 AM.

    26. #24
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2019
      Location
      Wayland, MA
      Posts
      251
      It's a highly personal decision, as evidenced by the arguments here either way! Personally I don't miss it, but availability of sport chassis option and budgetary constraints made the choice for me rather than considering it in a vacuum. But I come from older/cheaper cars so I already made a big jump in cool stuff!

      To add something useful to the discussion, if there are 1 or 2 things you want in the package, and you have the budget, just get it, because you pretty much can't add it later. The marketing people know what they are doing, get just a couple must-haves in a package, and you'll have to step up! It's not just about the value of the purchase price for what you get, if you can add it and you know you will regret not getting it later...

      Given a free-er choice, I would have it, my wife's $30k Mazda has bendy headlights, damn it a $50k car should have them too lol.

    27. #25
      Junior Member genesmasher's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      San Diego
      Posts
      729
      Quote Originally Posted by rumyn View Post
      Same goes for you. Thanks for making it obvious.
      This forum has turned to a place where it's not about enthusiasts anymore.

      Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
      If you read any of my posts over the last 7 years I have been a member of SwedeSpeed you will see I am always careful to qualify my statements by saying "in my opinion", "for me "or "IMHO". I listen to counter arguments and yes, sometimes defend my point of view, without rudely imposing it on anyone like a fan-boy rooster. If that bothers you, maybe you should evaluate your definition of enthusiast.

      Quote Originally Posted by v60ccfusionred View Post
      Guys guys, let's all take a deep breath. The reason we are all here is because we are enthusiastic about our rides, and very interested in learning the most about them so we can get the most enjoyment out of them. I for one, have learned a lot about my ride just being here. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and the rest of us should take that opinion for what it actually is - just an individual opinion. There is no need to need to deride, insult, or bash someone else for anything they say. If we don't agree, let's say we don't agree and move on or just keep quiet about it. As @rumyn implied, this place will not be fun or encourage anyone to share anything if we are afraid of saying something wrong and being bashed up.

      If you are a golfer, are you the type that cusses and swears at every bad shot, or every time someone takes a little longer to line up their put, or are you the type who is out to enjoy the company of others with similar interests and down a few beers while you are at it too ??
      Sure. The purpose of a public forum is to exchange opinions and learn from community experience. This thread is a perfect example. A question was posed, inviting first-hand opinions on a specific subject. That's exactly what I provided. It was then turned on it's head and shoved back into my mouth. To characterize my opinion as antagonistic to the spirit of the forum, just because it is not aligned with majority is inappropriate, to put it mildly. After just placing an order for my 6th new Volvo, I am hardly an antagonist here. Doesn't mean I must appreciate every little feature/option.
      2019 S60 T6 R-design Polestar / Fusion Red / Black
      2018 XC60 T8 AWD Inscription Vision Lux Air / Fusion Red / Black
      past:
      2018 S60 T5 Dynamic Sport Vision Nav / Onyx Black / Black
      2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum Sport BLIS / Power Blue / Blond|Black
      2014 S60 T5 Prem Plus Sport BLIS Xenons / Ember Black / Beechwood

    28. #26
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2018
      Location
      Lewisberry Penn
      Posts
      521
      I see you're going for it, so this is just confirmation bias for ya. I vote yes. Adaptive cruise control and pilot assist are awesome. I also think they're even better in heavy traffic than light. I don't live in Atlanta anymore, but I have, and I know what traffic is. With the Volvo system you can accelerate with the pedal and then release.. so letting folks sneak in front of you doesn't have to be an issue. I also use it for merging onto highways. I let it be the eyes in front of me while I'm looking over my shoulder to merge, some angles don't allow for the mirrors to be enough for this. I use it to follow the school buses in the morning too. I simply love it. 360 camera is okay in some places, but most of the time it's just another view. I like the front camera for pulling out of an alley where I can't see around the corners. HUD, meh for me, some folks love it. You can turn it off. It doesn't bother me at all, it just doesn't do anything for me either.
      Volvo Sales Guy
      VCOA Member

    29. #27
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Apr 2004
      Posts
      67
      It was a requirement for me to have the Advanced Package. I use everything included in it almost daily. I have had HUD in a previous car and one of the best features is the upcoming NAV turns in the HUD. PA takes some time trusting but after a few months Iím becoming a fan in certain situations. All in all this 2020 V60 CC is a quantum leap from my 2017 V 60 CC, which I enjoyed as well.
      YMMV
      JTMav

    30. #28
      Junior Member 97redz3's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Location
      St. Louis MO
      Posts
      69
      Its been worth it for me. ACC works very well, and PA - while not perfect - is quite good at reducing driver workload on long trips. The LED headlights are excellent. The HUD is a nice to have, mostly on long trips. I use the 360 camera frequently when backing into a tight spot or parallel parking, and its especially handy peeking over hill crests when off-road. The cornering lights aren't a big deal ... I suppose they are practical, but I've not found them to be particularly useful.
      2020 V60 Cross Country | Advanced, Luxury, CC Pro packages

    31. #29
      Junior Member Kamil's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Posts
      731
      Whatís also great about the ACC is that it will accelerate when you overtake a car on left (fast / passing lane). To help you with that and that it keeps you in the middle of the lane.

      After driving all current premium cars including Teslaís Iím truly surprise how great it works.
      2020 V60 CC

    32. #30
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2018
      Location
      No. VA
      Posts
      278
      When I test drove a 2019:V90 before I purchased my 2018, it had the Advanced package with the HUD. For me, the HUD is irritating and I would turn it off if I could. My car has the Convenience Package which I believe gives it everything else that is in the Advanced Package (withyhe exception of the HUD). There are features that I use and those that I donít and would otherwise be happy if they were not on the car ó such as Park Pilot Assist and Pilot Assist since I donít use either. For that matter, we could get rid of the sunroof as well.

      But all that said, since itís on the car, there is nothing that says I have to use the feature, and besides, it might help on resale down the road or in Insurance valuation if the car is ever totaled.
      Last edited by rdr854; 03-03-2020 at 12:16 AM.
      Hers: 2019 S60 T5 R-Design FWD | Pebble Gray / Charcoal, Napa Leather | 18Ē R-Design Wheels | Heated Seats and Steering Wheel | Rubber Floor Mats

      His: 2018 V90 T5 R-Design FWD | Crystal White / Charcoal, Full Napa Leather | 20" R-Design Diamond Cut Wheels | Convenience Package | Laminated Glass | Heated Seats/Steering Wheel | Powered Load Cover | Rubber Floor Mats | Integrated Child Safety Seats


      Former Volvos: 2018 V60 Dynamic, 2008 S80 3.2 (first one with adaptive cruise in US), 2006 XC90 V8, 2004 V70ASR, 2003 V70ASR (OSD and replaced by 04 due to tranny problem with valve body), 03 S80 T6 (OSD), 99 V70 and 98 V70 (twins wagons to match our new born twins), 96 850GTA wagon, 93 940 Wagon (Cloth, no sunoof), 92 240 and 90 240 DL.

    33. #31
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2016
      Posts
      83
      I test drove one with it and opted NOT to get it. All the standard nannies are enough.

    34. #32
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2017
      Posts
      131
      Quote Originally Posted by genesmasher View Post
      You just made my argument for me - if you have to be MORE focused when you are using ACC in heavy traffic, then what is the point of it? In my experience driving around LA and San Diego for the last 15 years, people here loooove to merge into very small gaps, which is very annoying and stressful as it is. Whenever I try to use ACC, the system is simply too slow to respond to accelerating traffic before the next arrogant moron gets in between my car and the car in front of me. I respect your opinion, but I will stick with mine, thank you.
      How is there a small gap when the system wonít allow you to tailgate the car in front?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    35. #33
      Junior Member genesmasher's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      San Diego
      Posts
      729
      Quote Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
      How is there a small gap when the system wonít allow you to tailgate the car in front?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Not sure I understand the question. Have you ever driven in bumper-to-bumper traffic during rush hour (which is pretty much 24/7 now) in LA or San Diego? Here, if you leave more than two car lengths in front of you, you will never get to where you are going. People from adjacent lanes will keep merging into the gap, forcing the system to slow down again. Yes, it is possible to "override" the system by pushing on gas or pressing the button, but to keep doing it requires far more concentration for me personally, than just controlling the throttle manually. Unfortunately this has been a reality of life here for a long time. If I lived in an area with less congestion, my opinion of ACC usability may well have been different.
      2019 S60 T6 R-design Polestar / Fusion Red / Black
      2018 XC60 T8 AWD Inscription Vision Lux Air / Fusion Red / Black
      past:
      2018 S60 T5 Dynamic Sport Vision Nav / Onyx Black / Black
      2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum Sport BLIS / Power Blue / Blond|Black
      2014 S60 T5 Prem Plus Sport BLIS Xenons / Ember Black / Beechwood

    36. #34
      Junior Member Kamil's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Posts
      731
      Quote Originally Posted by genesmasher View Post
      Not sure I understand the question. Have you ever driven in bumper-to-bumper traffic during rush hour (which is pretty much 24/7 now) in LA or San Diego? Here, if you leave more than two car lengths in front of you, you will never get to where you are going. People from adjacent lanes will keep merging into the gap, forcing the system to slow down again. Yes, it is possible to "override" the system by pushing on gas or pressing the button, but to keep doing it requires far more concentration for me personally, than just controlling the throttle manually. Unfortunately this has been a reality of life here for a long time. If I lived in an area with less congestion, my opinion of ACC usability may well have been different.
      Not sure if my 2020 is equipped with other system but in traffic 0-15mph it keeps less then about 1/2 car distance in the car in front of it and definitely not 2 car lengths. 15-30mph probably 1 car length. This is at the minimum and defy an increase the distance .

      What car do you have?

      2019 S60 R Polestar optimized, or polestar engineered? as the signature is confusing me as there is no ďS60 R-Design polestarĒ

      Trying to figure out if you have a different version of the pilot assist then me
      2020 V60 CC

    37. #35
      Senior Member Wayne T5's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2002
      Location
      Russell Twp, OH
      Posts
      11,578
      Quote Originally Posted by genesmasher View Post
      Not sure I understand the question. Have you ever driven in bumper-to-bumper traffic during rush hour (which is pretty much 24/7 now) in LA or San Diego? Here, if you leave more than two car lengths in front of you, you will never get to where you are going. People from adjacent lanes will keep merging into the gap, forcing the system to slow down again. Yes, it is possible to "override" the system by pushing on gas or pressing the button, but to keep doing it requires far more concentration for me personally, than just controlling the throttle manually. Unfortunately this has been a reality of life here for a long time. If I lived in an area with less congestion, my opinion of ACC usability may well have been different.
      I agree. You really can't use this system when there is any amount of heavy traffic, at least at highway speeds.

      System maintains an acceptably safe distance which is always cut into by another driver, system then brakes (hard) to maintain the safe distance almost causing you to get rear ended by the guy behind you who is tailgating - not enjoyable.

      I've had various ACC systems in cars for several years, tried it out on service loaners, etc, always the same result so it's just a feature that's good (for me) only when I'm on a long distance trip and not in heavy traffic, which is fine.
      Past: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60R M, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD, '05 V70R GT
      Present: '95 854 T-5R, '06 XC70, '15 XC70 T6, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

    38. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 1
      Last Post: 03-13-2018, 10:07 PM
    2. Replies: 12
      Last Post: 09-05-2015, 02:47 PM
    3. Tech Package Owners: Would you take the Technology Package again?
      By matt1122 in forum S60, S60CC & V60, V60CC (2011-2018)
      Replies: 33
      Last Post: 01-06-2014, 10:46 AM
    4. Replies: 2
      Last Post: 11-06-2008, 08:38 PM