XC60 T8 Inscription
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Question XC60 T8 Inscription

Hi everyone, newbie here.

Wanted to ask your experience regarding the reliability of the T8. Anything should I consider before plunging?

Considering the Luminous Sand color

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

You should get a fair number of good responses and one or two negative ones.
      My 2018 has been extremely reliable. Two small software glitches early on, neither of them affecting its driveability and quickly fixed with an update at a dealer. Over 27,000 trouble-free miles on it so far. By far the best car I've ever owned and I love it as much today as when I first got it.
      2018 XC60 Momentum T8 (OSD March 2018)

A few oddities, such as no 4-zone climate control. Make sure you're okay with the differences between the T6 and T8 before you pull the trigger. But if you are okay with the feature set then they're amazing cars.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

No worries, no complain for mine. Two non-critical T8 parts replaced by new parts. A few cases for brake noise and interior rattling. That's it. It is much more fun than T6.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 236+k miles

Loving mine......here is a very informative post (not mine,lol) https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...T8-Inscription
      2019 XC 60 T8 Inscription Osmium Grey
      2017 Honda Africa Twin

Quote Originally Posted by skibum50 View Post
      You should get a fair number of good responses and one or two negative ones.
      My 2018 has been extremely reliable. Two small software glitches early on, neither of them affecting its driveability and quickly fixed with an update at a dealer. Over 27,000 trouble-free miles on it so far. By far the best car I've ever owned and I love it as much today as when I first got it.
      Quote Originally Posted by p07r0457 View Post
      A few oddities, such as no 4-zone climate control. Make sure you're okay with the differences between the T6 and T8 before you pull the trigger. But if you are okay with the feature set then they're amazing cars.
      Quote Originally Posted by FusionRedXC60 View Post
      No worries, no complain for mine. Two non-critical T8 parts replaced by new parts. A few cases for brake noise and interior rattling. That's it. It is much more fun than T6.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Quote Originally Posted by flames9 View Post
      Loving mine......here is a very informative post (not mine,lol) https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...T8-Inscription
      Thanks so much for sharing your experiences. On where I am, we are only offered with 2 variants, the D4 and T8. I test drove the vehicle and I was really impressed.

One of my main concern is the complexity of the turbocharger, supercharger plus the hybrid thing that once it reaches X amount of years, I might get shocked with the price when these components fail.

I have a S40 2.4i and like any European brands, there are some minor stuff needs replacement but nothing major. Love the S40 so am considering another vehicle but now SUV.

I love my R-Design T8. I had an issue with a parasitic drain on the 12v system that took Volvo a bit to figure out. Other than that, it's been great. So comfortable for long stretches of highway.
      2019 Bursting Blue XC60 R-Design T8
      | 21" Wheels | Exterior Style Kit | Advanced | 4C Air | B & W | CPO 10yr/Unlimited |
      2010 Maple Red XC60 T6 retired at 173,375 miles

No AM radio on the T8. Some folks that's a deal breaker for and others have asked if AM is still even a thing.

I've had mostly happy customers with the T8. I would encourage the extended warranty, but that's on any new car if you're keeping it for the long term.
      Volvo Sales Guy
      VCOA Member

Quote Originally Posted by DFrantz View Post
      No AM radio on the T8. Some folks that's a deal breaker.
      Same geriatric folks probably expect leaded fuel and solid rear axles too.
      OSD '18 XC60 T8 Momentum - 22" 10-spoke wheels, lowered air suspension, strut tower bar, Stealth hitch

Quote Originally Posted by lamarguy View Post
      Same geriatric folks probably expect leaded fuel and solid rear axles too.
      One other possibility, in a lot of places there are traffic radio alerts that go over AM. All of these 'tune to... for traffic update'. Not a problem for me but I think some people pay close attention to those.
      2001 V70, 2.4T White/blond (outgoing)
      2020 XC60 T8, Inscription White/blond (incoming - sometime)

Quote Originally Posted by Catfiend View Post
      One other possibility, in a lot of places there are traffic radio alerts that go over AM. All of these 'tune to... for traffic update'. Not a problem for me but I think some people pay close attention to those.
      Yup, I’m one of those old guys I suspect that misses AM on my T8. I only used it when parking at the airport, certain stadium events with parking info, and in larger highway construction projects throughout the State that also have road signs to get current info on planned closures and routing. For me, it’s a Volvo miss on what is otherwise their top-of-the-line midsize SUV, but it’s the way other vehicles are going as well — Tesla Model 3 and IIRC Model X e.g. has no AM, but my “older generation” Model S did. No more realtime AM info for me with an otherwise fairly complete Infotainment setup.
      Bert

Present: ‘20 XC60 T8 Inscription
      Past: ‘15 Tesla S90D; ‘14 SLK250; '13 RX450h; ‘09 335i; ‘06 RX400h; ‘02 SC430; ‘99 RX300; ‘95 SC300; ‘91 Legend...

Nice, why not go full ham?

OSD '18 XC60 T8 Momentum - 22" 10-spoke wheels, lowered air suspension, strut tower bar, Stealth hitch

That is a decent antenna farm.

My old 2004 V70R had plates: KU1T
      (that is my call), but only rig which was permanently installed was 2m/70cm rig for access to repeaters when on the road.
      Yes, I had amateur radio plates.

73, de KU1T
      /kleks

As mentioned, you'll like get one or two bad answers here, but not from me.

Our XC60 has been awesome. My wife can complete her commute on battery only, so 1000mi to the tank is doable. We had 1 issue with the vehicle within the first week, a temp sensor. Common issue and the dealer had it fix in a day. Did not affect driving. We ordered our R with every option and the air suspension is awesome. Highly recommend it.

Overall a good car.

I had the thermostat replaced twice on mine (under warranty). Also had the reduced performance turtle pop up right when I headed out for a multi state trip, which resulted in cancelled trip. Some fuel control module replaced under warranty.

Car now has 41,000 miles. Overall I like the car, but hate the dealer network for service. These cars are quite expensive, and I would get treated better if I spent the same with another brand. I just don't think Volvo "gets it".

The car is the most comfortable car I have ever had. It is sporty enough, but the ride is more luxury than sporty. That may be different if you get an R-Spec vs Inscription though. At the time I bought, I couldn't find a dealer to order one for me, had to take what was available, and there was little dealer stock...They were selling within days of arrival.

I just hope that it holds up for the long haul. So far quite a few warranty claims in a short time. I generally keep my cars awhile. My prior car (Audi Q5) had 245,000 miles when I sold it after 8 years. I liked that car, but had problems near the end.

Overall, I would recommend with reservations. All cars are really compromises.
      2018 XC60 T8

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements