March 2020 software update notice
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

March 2020 software update notice

Just engine and transmission management tweaks.

Annotation 2020-03-05 115422.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

So I will be bringing my car in for service next month - are updates to the software included during the "free scheduled maintenance period"?

My Sensus is very laggy when I start car so will have them look at that and request that they update the software, however, if they update that would it also by default include this most recent update to the engine management?

Any conditions/car behaviors that should be mentioned that will better ensure that I receive the update?

Quote Originally Posted by 2018V90CC View Post
      So I will be bringing my car in for service next month - are updates to the software included during the "free scheduled maintenance period"?

My Sensus is very laggy when I start car so will have them look at that and request that they update the software, however, if they update that would it also by default include this most recent update to the engine management?

Any conditions/car behaviors that should be mentioned that will better ensure that I receive the update?
      If it's for one of the regularly interval services, then yes, software should be included. The software update would include this and all previous updates since your car was last updated.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by nbvolks View Post
      ...The software update would include this and all previous updates since your car was last updated.
      Thank you for mentioning this.

Just engine and transmission management tweaks.

Annotation 2020-03-05 115422.jpg
      Thanks for the heads up.

Is there a way to see the versions off all the software in my car?

Two dealers in a row now have claimed to have updated all of the software in my car, yet I still havent seen the "Dynamic" drive mode replaced by the new "Polestar" mode (I know it's only a name change, but its the only way I know I can visually tell what is installed.) Maybe this is became mine is a 2017?

Polestar mode is only for cars with polestar optimization. Which is a paid option.

Dynamic is standard for none polestar package cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      09 BMW E92 335i: EFR 7670 Single Turbo / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline
      07 BMW R1200S: Akrapovic / Ohlins / Quickshifter
      19 Volvo V90 T6: R-Design / Bowers & Wilkins / Polestar Optimization

Quote Originally Posted by cloud9blue View Post
      Polestar mode is only for cars with polestar optimization. Which is a paid option.

Dynamic is standard for none polestar package cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I was under the impression that in the November update they renamed Dynamic mode to Polestar mode across all vehicles.

I must have misunderstood.

If you have the Polestar optimization, yes.
      New Daily Driver: 2018 V90 T6 R-Design - P* Tuned, Passion Red
      Old Daily Driver: 2008 VW MKV GTI - APR Tuned, Candy White
      Backup/Hauler: 2019 Subaru Ascent - LP Aventure Lifted, Abyss Blue Pearl

If it's for one of the regularly interval services, then yes, software should be included. The software update would include this and all previous updates since your car was last updated.
      Just had my 20k service. Was told that software update is not included and it's $200.
      2017 XC90 Inscription
      2017 V90 CC

Got my upgrade today. I don't know what version the previous load was, however, this was my 10,000 miles service so likely the factory load.

I am hopeful that this will resolve how delayed navigation and screens are at startup (I can be at the end of the block before being able to enter a destination - yes I could send from phone but still had to wait for this as well).

I haven't noticed any differences in driving characteristics yet - but only a highway drive home.

I did notice the start screen between tach and speedometer is different - now shows a system status with little green circles next to each safety feature (didn't have that before) - so at least tells me they did update if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by hudi82 View Post
      Just had my 20k service. Was told that software update is not included and it's $200.
      Check out the last post in the following thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...ng-improvement

You may wish to contact Volvo Cares Customer Service and see if they will advocate the official Volvo policy by contacting your dealer's director or manager of the service center or sales manager. Maybe they could help educate the dealer and arrange for the update at no charge. It is a scheduled 20K service.

Have you had a scheduled 10K service or an software update within the last 12 months? If not, it is hard to understand.
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | US 10/2015 Build| Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | Convenience Vision Climate | PAII + Mitigation Upgrades | Xpel + Gtechniq Ceramic | 50% Tint & 90% UV Rejection | 20" A/S & 22" Summer | Tow | Last TSU installed 17 Jan. 2020 | 45K miles | See Fuelly.com, 31.8 Lifetime MPG including tows, multiple 1400+ mi. trips and one transcontinental US 5000+ mi trip)

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-16-Xc90 View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by hudi82 View Post
      Check out the last post in the following thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...ng-improvement

You may wish to contact Volvo Cares Customer Service and see if they will advocate the official Volvo policy by contacting your dealer's director or manager of the service center or sales manager. Maybe they could help educate the dealer and arrange for the update at no charge. It is a scheduled 20K service.

Have you had a scheduled 10K service or an software update within the last 12 months? If not, it is hard to understand.
      Edited to remove incorrect information. I was mistaken.
      Last edited by Tech; 03-12-2020 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech View Post
      They've actually changed the policy again to allow reimbursement at every factory scheduled maintenance.
      Good to know. Thanks for sharing that.
      2019 Bursting Blue XC60 R-Design T8
      | 21" Wheels | Exterior Style Kit | Advanced | 4C Air | B & W | CPO 10yr/Unlimited |
      2010 Maple Red XC60 T6 retired at 173,375 miles

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-16-Xc90 View Post

Thanks! will try for sure.
      2017 XC90 Inscription
      2017 V90 CC

They've actually changed the policy again to allow reimbursement at every factory scheduled maintenance.
      As always, thank you for the information.
      2018 V90 T5 R Design FWD | Crystal White / Charcoal, Full Napa Leather | 20" R Design Diamond Cut Wheels | Convenience Package | Laminated Glass | Heated Seats/Steering Wheel | Powered Load Cover | Rubber Floor Mats | Integrated Child Safety Seats

Former Volvos: 2018 V60 Dynamic, 2008 S80 3.2 (first one with adaptive cruise in US), 2006 XC90 V8, 2004 V70ASR, 2003 V70ASR (OSD and replaced by 04 due to tranny problem with valve body), 03 S80 T6 (OSD), 99 V70 and 98 V70 (twins wagons to match our new born twins), 96 850GTA wagon, 93 940 Wagon (Cloth, no sunoof), 92 240 and 90 240 DL.

Quote Originally Posted by rdr854 View Post
      As always, thank you for the information.
      It was wrong information, unfortunately. I've edited my post above but wanted to actually add a post too. I only read the title and preview of the current bulletin and assumed the once a year restriction was removed. I read the whole thing, like I initially should have, and I was mistaken. Only one per 12 months is claimable. My bad.

19. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements