Exhaust mod options - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
      Nice! Which magnaflow model did you get? Get some recording, please!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
      2019 V60, T6 R-Design Polestar Engineered, Osmium Grey
      Ragnarok

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by visualv View Post
      Nice! Which magnaflow model did you get? Get some recording, please!

Thanks man!! i got the 10416 got it for a great deal on Amazon of all places lol

The 2017-2018 S/V60 Polestar sounds pretty good with the flapper open on the T6 version of the 2.0 4cyl. One option to consider would be to use Polestar mufflers and resonator and adapt to the SPA platform.
      2016 V60CC Platinum | Beechwood Brown interior swap |
      2016 S60CC Platinum with lowered sport chassis | Polestar Performance Springs |
      20-inch Cratus wheels | Elevate GT5 Exhaust, rear sway bar, brake lines, rear spoiler
      2017 XC90 Momentum Plus (family)

Previous:
      2017 S90 Inscription T6 AWD, 2019 XC40 R-Design T5 AWD, 2017 V90 Cross Country T6 AWD , 2018 V60 Polestar #103/1500, 2016 XC90 R-Design, 2013 C30 Polestar #141/250,2015.5 V60 R-Design,1998 V70 T5M, 1999 S70 GLT, 2000 V70R, 2004 V70R, 2006 V70R Sonic Blue, 2006 V70R Electric Silver, 2007 V70R Passion Red, 2003 XC90 2.5T, 2007 XC90 V8 Sport Electric Silver, 2007 XC90 Sport V8, Passion Red

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      The 2017-2018 S/V60 Polestar sounds pretty good with the flapper open on the T6 version of the 2.0 4cyl. One option to consider would be to use Polestar mufflers and resonator and adapt to the SPA platform.
      Is that possible??

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I'll have my Bastuck exhaust in about 10 days! I'll post pictures then.
      Last edited by AJS1KR; 03-13-2020 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by salv1983 View Post
      Thanks man!! i got the 10416 got it for a great deal on Amazon of all places lol
      How did it sound?

Ragnarok

How did it sound?

Havnt had a chance to get it installed. My three kids have their schools closed for 2 weeks due to this Corona!!

Havnt had a chance to get it installed. My three kids have their schools closed for 2 weeks due to this Corona!!

Do you plan to install it yourself or take it to a muffler shop?

Ragnarok

Do you plan to install it yourself or take it to a muffler shop?

Shop forsure, I have zero welding skills

Shop forsure, I have zero welding skills

Welding, smelding. Just use sawzall and duct tape.

Ragnarok

Welding, smelding. Just use sawzall and duct tape.

Ok lol

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      Was thinking the same here Chris.

Looking into it, itís not cheap at about $1,500 for the muffler/resonator with pipes from Volvo, and would meet some slight modding, but you do get OEM quality and I agree it sounds really nice. Hereís a 2017 2.0 P*, the video is inside the car but the microphone is outside by the tailpipe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNOVJsEh41E

For me, considering this if I donít do a Flowmaster FX like visualv installed.
      2020 S60 PE, Matte Grey
      2019 XC90 T6 Inscription, Denim Blue/Blonde
      former: 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription Crystal White/Charcoal
      former: 2006 XC90 V8 Titanium Gray/Graphite

Sounds awesome!!
      I was supposed to already have my exhaust installed but due to the current Pandemic.... the parts are just sitting in my trunk!

Quote Originally Posted by beers View Post

For me, considering this if I donít do a Flowmaster FX like visualv installed.
      Do it! Do it! Do it!

Ragnarok

Do it! Do it! Do it!
      I want to! Exhaust was one of the first mods I was looking to do but now with everything shut down all I can do is just keep looking at options...

Though I do have a welder in my garage and amazon delivers... that whole tubing bender and car lift thing for doing an exhaust is overrated, right? Lol
      2020 S60 PE, Matte Grey
      2019 XC90 T6 Inscription, Denim Blue/Blonde
      former: 2019 XC60 T6 Inscription Crystal White/Charcoal
      former: 2006 XC90 V8 Titanium Gray/Graphite

Where those exhausts at boys?

Quote Originally Posted by LostCorner View Post
      My appoinment is this week!!

Sway bar clone? Say more.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
      Current: 2020 V60CC, Osmium Grey, Amber
      Past: 2015.5 V60 T5 AWD, Savile Grey, Beechwood.
      Past: 2011 V50 AWD, Savile Grey
      First: 1978 245DL - Orange, Tan

My exhaust project is still in the "box" stage I'm hoping to get it installed in the next couple of weeks. Vibrant 2.5"inch muffler, with Vibrant 3.5 inch tips (stock tips are 3.0 inch).

Quote Originally Posted by MDicnMan View Post
      Sway bar clone? Say more.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
      Sway bar on hold
      The exhaust will hopefully be done this week, plus custom side skirts, pics will be posted as soon as its all done

My Heico exhaust is officially ordered. George and Conner at Viva Performance were great to work with. I'll be posting updates in a couple weeks when it arrives! Probably first week of August.

My Heico exhaust is officially ordered. George and Conner at Viva Performance were great to work with. I'll be posting updates in a couple weeks when it arrives! Probably first week of August.
      Watching this closely... I've been wanting to pull the trigger on this for awhile, but haven't seen anyone on the forum do it yet. Do you plan on installing it yourself? And did you get the model with the electronic flap button or without?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
      CURRENT: 2019 Crystal White Pearl S60 T5 R-DESIGN w/ P*

PAST: 2012 Black S60 T5 w/Blonde Interior

Ooof, that system sure costs a pretty penny. I'm curious to see (hear?) how it sounds. The only video I could find of it was their official product video. Very very interested to find out if it sounds more like a Civic with a fart can, or a snarling Mercedes CLA45 AMG. I'm hoping it's the latter .
      Volvo: 2020 V60 T8 Polestar Engineered
      Other: 2014 Fiat 500 Abarth, 2016 Acura TLX
      Past: 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI, 2010 Honda Civic, 2008 BMW Z4, 1988 Mazda RX-7, 1998 BMW M Roadster, 2004 Toyota Sequoia, 1998 Mercedes-Benz S320, 1995 Toyota Corolla

Here. https://youtu.be/QbnGZZgS8gs

Personally, it didn't sound too impressive for the price. We have a 4 banger and a supercharger that mutes the exhaust sounds.

Ragnarok

Here. https://youtu.be/QbnGZZgS8gs

Personally, it didn't sound too impressive for the price. We have a 4 banger and a supercharger that mutes the exhaust sounds.

Why would a supercharger mute the exhaust? I know a turbocharger will do so because exhaust gasses get diverted to spool the turbo, but superchargers don’t have anything to do with the exhaust (other than creating more exhaust by cramming more air into then combustion chamber).
      Volvo: 2020 V60 T8 Polestar Engineered
      Other: 2014 Fiat 500 Abarth, 2016 Acura TLX
      Past: 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI, 2010 Honda Civic, 2008 BMW Z4, 1988 Mazda RX-7, 1998 BMW M Roadster, 2004 Toyota Sequoia, 1998 Mercedes-Benz S320, 1995 Toyota Corolla

I meant to type turbo. My bad

Ragnarok

I am very curious to. I deleted the exhaust to the downpipe just te hear the sound. I was NOT impressed! Still a very muted sound. Note; I have a T5.

I honestly do not understand why one would like this kind of sound coming from your car.
      To me it is nothing different than when I was a young boy I put a playing card between the spokes of my bicycle fixed with a clothespin to get this rattling sound as if I was on a racing motorbike.

Does the car drive better? Does it drive faster?

Quote Originally Posted by risrael View Post
      I honestly do not understand why one would like this kind of sound coming from your car.
      To me it is nothing different than when I was a young boy I put a playing card between the spokes of my bicycle fixed with a clothespin to get this rattling sound as if I was on a racing motorbike.

Risrael;

With all due respect, of course. But from your answer it can already be concluded that you have no idea or experience with what is meant. The sound gives an extra dimension while driving. With a valve controlled exhaust you can also turn this on or off. And comparing playing cards between the spokes of your bicycle with a sports exhaust system is of course no comparison. In addition, you do not have to answer here. Apparently you don't care about the exhaust sound and that's fine. But don't come up with this comment on people who like it. What is the added value of that?

But your response was expected. On the Dutch Volvo forum you also have negative comments on everything. Do you keep your Volvo nice and standard, completely fine. But let the people who like to add things in their value.
      Last edited by Symtom; 07-17-2020 at 06:32 AM.

@Symtom With al due respect: I am sorry I apparently offended you.
      First of all I do not give negative comments on the Dutch forum at all unless you are only reading certain topics of course. So do not create this mood here as if I am. I like my V60 as it is very much with all the minor problems I have with it and which are similar to the ones mentioned by other people also on this forum. I am very sorry I offended you in some way (although I can hardly imagine how). It is just my feeling that some people are trying to modify the looks of the already beautiful V60 or S60 to a way like the youngsters are doing with their first VW Golf of 10 years old.
      I can imagine one would want the Polestar engine tuning as it makes the car driving smoother (and faster) but the above mentioned modification is simply not my thing.

@Symtom With al due respect: I am sorry I apparently offended you.
      First of all I do not give negative comments on the Dutch forum at all unless you are only reading certain topics of course. So do not create this mood here as if I am. I like my V60 as it is very much with all the minor problems I have with it and which are similar to the ones mentioned by other people also on this forum. I am very sorry I offended you in some way (although I can hardly imagine how). It is just my feeling that some people are trying to modify the looks of the already beautiful V60 or S60 to a way like the youngsters are doing with their first VW Golf of 10 years old.
      I can imagine one would want the Polestar engine tuning as it makes the car driving smoother (and faster) but the above mentioned modification is simply not my thing.
      Donít take this the wrong way but if something is not ďyour thingĒ just donít post and move on.

If you comment it doesnít help OP and it just waisting your time and everyone else by reading it.

Letís try to be as helpful and like our mother said ďif you have nothing nice to say, donít say anythingĒ.

Stay safe and I hope you understand what Iím trying to say and please donít take this the wrong way.
      2020 V60 CC 1 of 4 Crystal white with Amber interior and the only 1 with parking assist.

Hey Guys,
      my S60 build is now at the performance stage in its transformation, I've gotten the car more or less visually the way i want it, interior and exterior give or take some questionable mods lol...
      but i wan to now focus on gaining some more performance and sound.
      I currently have the Vaitrix intake, polestar sway bar clone (in the making), the polestar tune, and Racechip is on the way. Whats missing is exhaust, power and sound.

I know of 2 members here that have done some amazing exhaust work, one where the muffler was deleted and straight piped, an dthe other which had a full custom job done. I love both!

Im curious does any one know if a resonator delete or muffler delete with shoot any error codes CEL?
      on my audi i was able to add a res-delete to give the car i nice throaty sound... not sure if the same will be for the volvo?

i also know theres companies like HEICO that sell a premade kit, but WOW that price!!!!

so what do you guys have, what do you suggest. my gaol is to get a nicer sound, but also having more HP wouldnt hurt, i just dont want to have any issues with warranty too..
      Hi there. I know I am replying to an old post, but I am curious about the polestar sway bar clone. Is that a front or rear sway bar? Do you have a contact info. I have a V60cc and interested in having a stiffer rear sway bar. Thanks
      2020 V60cc / Advanced / Pro / Luxury / HK audio /P* Optimized / Foldable trailer hitch

Quote Originally Posted by GordonCs View Post
      Hi there. I know I am replying to an old post, but I am curious about the polestar sway bar clone. Is that a front or rear sway bar? Do you have a contact info. I have a V60cc and interested in having a stiffer rear sway bar. Thanks
      I believe that was in reference to a strut bar (brace under the hood between shock towers). Not a sway bar (anti-roll bar) suspension component.

There are solutions on the market already, not sure if the fitment S60/V60 carries over to CC but it likely does.

I don't think "polestar clone" applies in this case, the Polestar S60/V60 actually shares the same front sway bar as the sport chassis S60 T6, and the rear sway on the S60/V60 is the same part from Momentum to Polestar (at least T6 models, not sure T5)

The V60 CC may have different parts, I have not checked. I measured my 2019 S60 T6 sport chassis rear sway at 21.65mm actual, so either 21 or 22 offically with Volvo, I'm not sure. I've read the S90 had a 23mm rear on R-Design models. There are a couple aftermarket options for the S/V/60/90 SPA chassis that are quite a bit thicker, which may fit the CC too. Might be too much if you aren't changing the front bar.

A higher flow exhaust system, that's properly designed, will improve performance on a turbo engine.

If you're interested in understanding how a higher flow exhaust system can improve engine performance, here's a good video explanation from Gale Banks on exhaust back-pressure and performance on boosted engines:
      https://youtu.be/E8sm0c_kSh8?t=418
      Last edited by AJS1KR; 07-17-2020 at 02:12 PM.

Gale Banks is a legend!! Good stuff. I do think it is important to remember we should not just ask how, but how much? Yes better flowing exhaust is more power, you can say that with almost complete confidence with a turbo! But how much, is it worth it? Well one could argue either way, to some it sounds cool, and if it works better great! To others a beautifully fabricated exhaust, at sizable expense, for what? 5-10 HP, if that? Maybe not so worth it.

Not directed at anyone particular, I just don't understand the all or nothing attitudes some times. We all got different values, what we like and care about etc. I'm not planning on any exhaust, not worth it to me. But I'm totally excited to see what you peeps come up with, how it looks and sounds etc. Cuz why should you give a flying **** about what I think?? Well that's enough getting philosophical on a Friday ha.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast