2012 XC60 -- Rear -- Where to place "regular" jack stands.
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

2012 XC60 -- Rear -- Where to place "regular" jack stands.

Hello All,

I am able to lift using a floor jack and a slotted puck. Where do I place jack stand ? Picture of under-carriage with jack-stand positions would be nice.

I have attached the jack stands I have.

Thanks,
      Anil

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Can't see your pictures, but a good question. It's always a major pain figuring out the jack/stand placement on a new car. Hope somebody can provide clear answers and pictures.

I used my two jacks (and hockey pucks with slots) to lift both sides. Then I places the jackstand (see picture). Brought the vehicle down for it rest on the stand. Then I brought the arms of the jack up enough for backup.
      https://photos.google.com/u/4/search...9SVZwgOtRl5KBv

https://photos.google.com/u/4/search...moXXM9PwfcxWI6

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I solved that problem by buying a jack stand that works with the jack and gies around the jack feet. From Amazon, bot sure if the name.

Quote Originally Posted by FR_XC60 View Post
      I solved that problem by buying a jack stand that works with the jack and gies around the jack feet. From Amazon, bot sure if the name.
      Please post a picture...

Pictures would be great. I need to jack up my wife's XC60 soon for brake pads and fluid changes.

-Ryan
      Too many cars...
      1987 Volvo 245
      1989 Volvo 245
      1991 Volvo 745 Dog Waggin' 2.0
      1995 Volvo 945 Turbo
      2011 Volvo XC90 3.2 AWD
      2013 Volvo XC60 3.2 AWD (Wife-mobile)

I don' have pics but the product is on Amazon. It is cslled the VKRP enterprises 3 ton jack, anout $50 each. I had an Audi 16" up in the air on one of these for clutch work.
      Renstand by jacksafe is a much nicer version but pricier, but if you only need one or two may be the way to go.

I jack up in the middle by the cross member since I have a long reach jack, but I still don't use the pinch seams for the stands. I usually place them under the rear bushing for the control arm or a solid part of the subframe or frame of the car I'm working on.
      2010 XC60 T6 Sapphire Black Metallic (TFT DIM retrofit, DynoMax muffler, Eibach lowering springs & Koni struts, HardRace adjustable rear toe arms)
      2004 Subaru Legacy Outback wagon 2.5 White Frost Pearl (Also mine) | 2011 Chevy Equinox LT1 AWD Olympic White (Hers)

Quote Originally Posted by TheStillMan View Post
      ...under the rear bushing for the control arm or a solid part of the subframe or frame of the car I'm working on.
      Pictures would be really great... because there is no way to know safe vs unsafe places from this description.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixon12 View Post
      Pictures would be really great... because there is no way to know safe vs unsafe places from this description.
      I don't have any pictures right now and don't plan on being under the car for a bit, but if no one else has any, I'll get some next time I'm under the car.
      2010 XC60 T6 Sapphire Black Metallic (TFT DIM retrofit, DynoMax muffler, Eibach lowering springs & Koni struts, HardRace adjustable rear toe arms)
      2004 Subaru Legacy Outback wagon 2.5 White Frost Pearl (Also mine) | 2011 Chevy Equinox LT1 AWD Olympic White (Hers)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixon12 View Post
      I grabbed a couple pics yesterday, sorry no jack stands in them as I was only working in the front, but I circled the referenced areas in orange. Sorry for the crap quality, I used Snipping Tool to add the marks, and apparently it degrades the pics.

I jack up the rear using the center of the subframe here. If I'm working on the suspension, or need it to be unloaded, I'll place the jack stands on the ends of this (wheel is also always under the lowest point of the car, safety first.) 2nd pic is of the same area, just taken farther back to a little different view.
      1.jpg
      2.jpg

If I need the suspension loaded, like to the the sway bar endlinks like I did a couple weeks ago, I'll place the stands on the bottom of the strut.
      3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TheStillMan View Post
      I grabbed a couple pics yesterday, sorry no jack stands in them as I was only working in the front, but I circled the referenced areas in orange. Sorry for the crap quality, I used Snipping Tool to add the marks, and apparently it degrades the pics.

I jack up the rear using the center of the subframe here. If I'm working on the suspension, or need it to be unloaded, I'll place the jack stands on the ends of this (wheel is also always under the lowest point of the car, safety first.) 2nd pic is of the same area, just taken farther back to a little different view.
      1.jpg
      2.jpg

If I need the suspension loaded, like to the the sway bar endlinks like I did a couple weeks ago, I'll place the stands on the bottom of the strut.
      3.jpg
      Thanks! This is really helpful, and no chance of screwing up. Much appreciated!

15. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements