SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Anyone retrofit Inscription cosmetic parts onto a Momentum?

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  johngcrea 
#1 ·
For example, some of the extra detail on the bumpers and side doors, the front grill, or the sliding door over the cup holders. On some brands its relatively easy to swap out that stuff, but not sure about the XC60.

If you have done any of this, please let me know where you bought it and if you have the part numbers associated with it. Thanks in advance!

#3 · (Edited)
It can be done, but will get pricey quickly.

Personally, I went with my fully loaded Momentum over an Inscription, as the price difference was about 5K, and that would have only included visual-only exterior items, the leatherette upper dash, and a different interior trim. It's a bit different in the later model years, but my '18 Momentum is more loaded than most Inscription trims were, based on the choices at my dealer lot at the time. Shrug.

I actually don't like the look of the Inscription exterior on the XC60? And especially for my T6 P*, I much prefer the Momentum tail pipes. So if it were me, I wouldn't change the exterior at all...

I've confirmed with the dealer parts department that you can swap most interior trim pieces. Some things like interior lights are trickier (or expensive) to swap, but can theoretically be done. You'll need VIDA, some same-year/same-market VINs to reference, and a lot of time and patience though.

That said, if you really do want the entire Inscription look for whatever reason, it'll be cheaper to sell/swap your car and simply pay the price difference that way.

Don't worry about being a "poser" though. Literally no one cares if you're swapping parts to make your 55K car look like a 60K car. Personally, I wouldn't put an "inscription" badge on the back? Since that's a little shaddy, but if you wanna swap a few interior trim pieces, go for it. Just know it'll get costly, quickly.

#5 ·
For example, some of the extra detail on the bumpers and side doors, the front grill, or the sliding door over the cup holders. On some brands its relatively easy to swap out that stuff, but not sure about the XC60.

If you have done any of this, please let me know where you bought it and if you have the part numbers associated with it. Thanks in advance!
You can only buy genuine parts, because the after market for Volvo is limited compared to others

Here sliding door over the cup holders: #31 on diagram
https://www.volvopartswebstore.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=2018479&ukey_product=10935655

#6 ·
I own an inscription and I'm happy with it. Out me in a parking lot with momentums and I wouldn't notice the difference. In fact, the biggest issues to me would be the paint colors that are exclusive to each trim.

Every version of the XC60 has gorgeous styling, imo.

#12 ·

I went on the website AliExpress.com which is in China. Ordered the chrome pieces for the front & rear bumpers that are the same on the Inspiration model. With shipping the pieces were less than $20 each. They are made from abs plastic and stick on with 2 way tape.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.