Anyone retrofit Inscription cosmetic parts onto a Momentum?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Anyone retrofit Inscription cosmetic parts onto a Momentum?

For example, some of the extra detail on the bumpers and side doors, the front grill, or the sliding door over the cup holders. On some brands its relatively easy to swap out that stuff, but not sure about the XC60.

If you have done any of this, please let me know where you bought it and if you have the part numbers associated with it. Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Why not just buy an Inscription? It's almost certainly cheaper than trying to tack on all the parts, piecemeal.

Otherwise, this would fall at risk of being "poser" no?

It can be done, but will get pricey quickly.

Personally, I went with my fully loaded Momentum over an Inscription, as the price difference was about 5K, and that would have only included visual-only exterior items, the leatherette upper dash, and a different interior trim. It's a bit different in the later model years, but my '18 Momentum is more loaded than most Inscription trims were, based on the choices at my dealer lot at the time. Shrug.

I actually don't like the look of the Inscription exterior on the XC60? And especially for my T6 P*, I much prefer the Momentum tail pipes. So if it were me, I wouldn't change the exterior at all...

I've confirmed with the dealer parts department that you can swap most interior trim pieces. Some things like interior lights are trickier (or expensive) to swap, but can theoretically be done. You'll need VIDA, some same-year/same-market VINs to reference, and a lot of time and patience though.

That said, if you really do want the entire Inscription look for whatever reason, it'll be cheaper to sell/swap your car and simply pay the price difference that way.

Don't worry about being a "poser" though. Literally no one cares if you're swapping parts to make your 55K car look like a 60K car. Personally, I wouldn't put an "inscription" badge on the back? Since that's a little shaddy, but if you wanna swap a few interior trim pieces, go for it. Just know it'll get costly, quickly.
      Last edited by shammyh; 03-08-2020 at 10:00 AM.
      2018 XC 60 | T6 AWD P* | Momentum | Onyx Black/Amber | Convenience/Vision/Advanced/Nav/Cold Weather

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

R-Design for the win here!
      2019 Bursting Blue XC60 R-Design T8
      | 21" Wheels | Exterior Style Kit | Advanced | 4C Air | B & W | CPO 10yr/Unlimited |
      2010 Maple Red XC60 T6 retired at 173,375 miles

Quote Originally Posted by jmhumr View Post
      For example, some of the extra detail on the bumpers and side doors, the front grill, or the sliding door over the cup holders. On some brands its relatively easy to swap out that stuff, but not sure about the XC60.

If you have done any of this, please let me know where you bought it and if you have the part numbers associated with it. Thanks in advance!
      You can only buy genuine parts, because the after market for Volvo is limited compared to others

Here sliding door over the cup holders: #31 on diagram
      https://www.volvopartswebstore.com/s...oduct=10935655
      2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

I own an inscription and I'm happy with it. Out me in a parking lot with momentums and I wouldn't notice the difference. In fact, the biggest issues to me would be the paint colors that are exclusive to each trim.

Every version of the XC60 has gorgeous styling, imo.
      2019 XC60 T6 Inscription Pine Gray Ext/Maroon (brown) Int

Quote Originally Posted by p07r0457 View Post
      Why not just buy an Inscription? It's almost certainly cheaper than trying to tack on all the parts, piecemeal.

Otherwise, this would fall at risk of being "poser" no?
      this +100 /fin

or the sliding door over the cup holders.
      Is there any difference in that between Momentum and Inscription in US? Here in EU I think both are the same. Unless you mean this "driftwood"...

Quote Originally Posted by cezarpl View Post
      Is there any difference in that between Momentum and Inscription in US? Here in EU I think both are the same. Unless you mean this "driftwood"...
      Not true, the difference is in the interior and the seats:

2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

I meant only "the sliding door over cup holders".

Quote Originally Posted by cezarpl View Post
      I meant only "the sliding door over cup holders".
      The interior is the same for Momentum, R-Desing and Inscription but the materials and colors are different
      2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

I went on the website AliExpress.com which is in China. Ordered the chrome pieces for the front & rear bumpers that are the same on the Inspiration model. With shipping the pieces were less than $20 each. They are made from abs plastic and stick on with 2 way tape.

15. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements