any tips on reaching boost sensor connector?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

any tips on reaching boost sensor connector?

Hi,

My TDI tuning box is scheduled to arrive tomorrow and I was looking for tips and tricks to get to the boost sensor connector. I know I will
      have to remove the air box, but it still looks like a PITA to unplug the sensor. Anyone have a way to make the job easier?

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hard to believe that no one has had to get to the boost sensor on the intercooler. I removed the airbox and used a long set of needle nose pliers to trigger the lock and a long hose pick
      to help slide the connector off of the sensor. Probably could have just used the pliers, but I was afraid of cracking the connector by pulling too hard on it. The TDI tuning box has definitely woken the engine up and is a blast to drive. Unfortunately I cannot get it to connect via bluetooth so I may need to send it back.

Yeah.you want to buy long needle nose pliers with an end /tips that looks like a claw. That will allow you to grip the sensor and get it off. I bought mine at harbor freight and then was able to install my tdi tuning box.

Quote Originally Posted by pknapp66 View Post
      Hard to believe that no one has had to get to the boost sensor on the intercooler. I removed the airbox and used a long set of needle nose pliers to trigger the lock and a long hose pick
      to help slide the connector off of the sensor. Probably could have just used the pliers, but I was afraid of cracking the connector by pulling too hard on it. The TDI tuning box has definitely woken the engine up and is a blast to drive. Unfortunately I cannot get it to connect via bluetooth so I may need to send it back.
      15 Volvo XC60 R-Design Platinum Pearl White Metallic, POLESTAR EXHAUST TDI Tuning Box, POLESTAR TUNED , IPD Rear Sway Bar and links, IPD POLY TORQUE ROD Koni FSD's, Eibach Loweing Springs, Powerflex Torque Bushing, Bloxsport wheel spacers
      Sold: 2008 Volvo C30 2.0 Java/Cosmic White, Manual, Elevate Tune, Weird OEM Mood Lighting Kit, EST Catback Exhaust, Koni STR.T, H&R Springs, Injen Intake, 19' BBS SR Wheels, Ion Yellow Fogs,
      SoldL 2006 Volvo V70R, Magic Blue, Stock

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements