Converting CD's to USB..Frustrations
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Converting CD's to USB..Frustrations

I have a MY2020 V60 R-Design now and I am converting them to FLAC (lossless) with EAC free software since I could not get a CD player and I don't want compression on my music. My question for anyone out there who has done this is how do you set it up so you can move from album to album as a folder on a high capacity USB drive. I was able to copy more than one album on the same USB drive but when I play it I have to cycle past all the tracks one by one to get past the first CD to get to the second CD. Is there any way skip from folder to folder? I tried naming each folder with the name of artist but I don't see a way to avoid advancing from track to track till I get to the next transcribed CD. Did I miss something or did Volvo leave this option off?
      Any suggestions are welcome. Mean while...I'll try experimenting a little more.
      Thanks
      Mike

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Take a look at this thread over from the XC90 forum: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...05#post7377505

Basically I use mp3 tagging and use the Sensus library function. If you need any help after reading the thread let me know.
      (Hers) 2017 XC90 T6 R-Design | Passion Red | Convenience | Vision | Climate with Heated Windshield | Carbon Fiber | Nappa Leather | Black Headliner |
      (His) 2020 V60 T6 R-Design | Bursting Blue | Premium | Premium Plus (HUD) |

What are CD’s ? -

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Thanks for the tips on how to manage my FLAC files. I have experimenter and made some progress. Thanks for your postings...
      Mike

Glad that it helped.
      (Hers) 2017 XC90 T6 R-Design | Passion Red | Convenience | Vision | Climate with Heated Windshield | Carbon Fiber | Nappa Leather | Black Headliner |
      (His) 2020 V60 T6 R-Design | Bursting Blue | Premium | Premium Plus (HUD) |

Does the B&W sound system have a CD player?

No CD's for the USA market in any Volvo product. I think they can still buy in the UK as an option. For you want to enjoy the quality of the CD's the converion to with a FLAC program (free) produced brillian results with the HK in my 2020 V60 R-Design. I am told it sounds better in the B&W system. But the conversion isn't too bad. Plus the hundreds of CD's you never listen to anymore you can skip over and just record your favorites-big time saver. We bought 64 gig USB drives for cheap money on Amazon.

More vinyl sold last year in the US than CDs... I'm certainly part of that. Never gave up my vinyl and got lots given to me back when my friends parents were trying to unload it in the 1990s.

As much as I love good quality sound, I really can't hear the difference with road noise anyhow. I stream off amazon HD.
      Volvo Sales Guy
      VCOA Member

If I had a smart phone with an internet connection I would do the same. Someday...I'll have no choice...But for now...I am a flip phone guy.

12. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements