S60 is built, now how long?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

S60 is built, now how long?

Curious from those who have ordered S60s.... how long should I be expecting to wait once told the car is "built and waiting for a truck"?

My dealer didn't seem to be super helpful with being able to quantify that period of time. Should I be expecting a week or two?
      Current: 2020 S60 T5 Inscription, 2005 Saab 9-5 Aero, 1986 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible
      Past: 2013 Acura TSX, 1999 Saab 9-3 Viggen

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Judging by what I see on my order sheet, projected delivery date is 4-5 weeks from "factory complete" date. I am in CA, OH may be sooner, not sure. Your dealer can easily look this up in the system by the order number.
      2019 S60 T6 R-design Polestar / Fusion Red / Black
      2018 XC60 T8 AWD Inscription Vision Lux Air / Fusion Red / Black
      past:
      2018 S60 T5 Dynamic Sport Vision Nav / Onyx Black / Black
      2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum Sport BLIS / Power Blue / Blond|Black
      2014 S60 T5 Prem Plus Sport BLIS Xenons / Ember Black / Beechwood

My build date was 1/24 and it reached the dealer on 2/10. It showed up on the dealer website about a week before the car got there. Since I’m not far from Columbus, I’d guess your wait should be similar to mine.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Your dealer has access to the Volvo tracking system (it used to be called Vista here in the UK) that shows all the predicted dates and actual dates acheived through the whole process. I was able to track my S60 all the way from production date in SC (USA) via shipping across the Atlantic to the UK dealer. Dealers can simply look at your order thru the on line system for your vehicle and see , for example, when it is scheduled for delivery to their site. However, dealers and Volvo don't like to share this info with customers so if you dont know to ask, they don't tell. Until a few years ago you could track your order through 'My Volvo' but that was shut down at the request of dealers (in the UK for sure) because it often showed that the vehicle had arrived on site but the dealer didn't want to complete the sale until a few weeks later. That led to customer complaints etc so the answer was to take away the access by customers!!.
      So ask them the direct question "what is the current scheduled delivery date to you for my vehicle according to Vista" or whatever the current tracking system is called in the US. But please remember it is a plan date and may vary as things progress. If they say they cant show you the details they are BS***g

Well, I got a call this morning that it's arriving today and I can take delivery as early as Monday... so I am guessing it must have had a build date a while ago.

Very excited, it's Fusion Red/Blond with everything minus B&W.
      Current: 2020 S60 T5 Inscription, 2005 Saab 9-5 Aero, 1986 Saab 900 Turbo Convertible

Well, I have had quite the whirlwind of activity in the last three days.....

1. The car arrived, I started doing the paperwork, and when we went out to set up VoC, I noticed that they ordered the car with the WRONG wood inlay. I ordered the Linear Lime, and the car has Driftwood. Build sheet I signed and initialed had the Linear Lime.... I asked for an additional amount off of the price and they gave me exactly what I asked for, so I went through with it. The Driftwood looks nice, just not as much contrast as the Linear Lime.

2. I've got a vibration starting at ~73mph. I drove it for 150 miles hoping it would resolve and it did not, so it's meeting the service department currently.

Other than these items, I do like the car as long as this vibration can be solved easily. I went with the T5 thinking I would be avoiding the vibration issues I have read about from the AWD, I do have a lot of confidence based on the folks I met in the service department. They showed me more about the car than sales did...

Quote Originally Posted by ngphill View Post
      2. I've got a vibration starting at ~73mph. I drove it for 150 miles hoping it would resolve and it did not, so it's meeting the service department currently.

Other than these items, I do like the car as long as this vibration can be solved easily. I went with the T5 thinking I would be avoiding the vibration issues I have read about from the AWD, I do have a lot of confidence based on the folks I met in the service department. They showed me more about the car than sales did...
      If the FWD T5 suffers from this, I wonder about the T8? Shouldn't be an issue for us unless and until we get to do some road trips (nothing even 70mph around here) but still....
      2001 V70, 2.4T White/blond (outgoing)
      2020 XC60 T8, Inscription White/blond (incoming - sometime)

Congrats on getting your car! Vibrations have many different causes(you'll find certain, ehm, vocal members on here swearing *their* issue is the magic issue everyone must have but take it with a grain of salt). Tires/balancing can be the issue much of the time and that's usually step 1 for the dealers, they'll road force balance and inspect all the wheels/tires. If the vibration persists they'll inspect from there.

What tires did your car come with?
      2019 S60 T6 Inscription
      1998 V70R. RIP Transmission
      1973 Volvo 1800ES which will someday get a T6 engine

Quote Originally Posted by Avboden View Post
      Congrats on getting your car! Vibrations have many different causes(you'll find certain, ehm, vocal members on here swearing *their* issue is the magic issue everyone must have but take it with a grain of salt). Tires/balancing can be the issue much of the time and that's usually step 1 for the dealers, they'll road force balance and inspect all the wheels/tires. If the vibration persists they'll inspect from there.

What tires did your car come with?
      Mine came with the Pirellis, I'm under the presumption this would indicate they have the PNCS foam which can compound the issue from what I have read.

12. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements