Volvo On Call Question (MY 15.5)
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Volvo On Call Question (MY 15.5)

This may have been asked and answered before, and if so I am sorry for the duplicate question.

I saw someone mention that Volvo on Call operates with its own sim card. Separate to the removable one in the glove compartment. Is this true? And if true, does it run whether or not the vehicle is set to 3g or Wifi? Meaning, I no longer subscribe to AT&T and have put my vehicle to use my Cell Phone Hotspot as it's data connection (Wifi). I don't always boot up the Wifi if I choose not to listen to Pandora, etc.

So the question being, does the VOC work independent of whether AT&T 3G Modem is selected as Enabled or I choose Wifi? Or if no internet connection is available (I Don't turn on Wifi), VOC will not operate on its own?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I have my internet settings set to "None" and VOC works fine. You can try to remove the sim and try VOC app.

I had a bit of whiskey... so your post seemed complex... VOC will work without any data subscription but it is a cellular connection. It won't matter if the modem is turned on for connection though so I imagine that either off isn't really off or there is a second modem device of some sort.
      Volvo Sales Guy
      VCOA Member

Quote Originally Posted by DFrantz View Post
      I had a bit of whiskey... so your post seemed complex... VOC will work without any data subscription but it is a cellular connection. It won't matter if the modem is turned on for connection though so I imagine that either off isn't really off or there is a second modem device of some sort.
      You answered the question then. Volvo On Call works independently of whether or not the infotainment has an internet connection and/or the modem is turned off. Meaning if you were ever in a wreck or needed assistance, VOC isn't linked to the infotainment system's ability to have net.

6. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements