SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

New To Me V70R

35K views 302 replies 36 participants last post by  monster451 
#1 ·
Well, since I've had this thing for a while, maybe I should start a thread.

I sold my P2 XC70 to a good friend down in California that needed a new daily.

Around the same time, another friend decided to buy a Tesla and was going to sell his 2000 V70R. Average miles, but well taken care of and had the transmission replaced with a NOS unit not that long ago. Perfect starting point. The very first thing I did was put some VSTs on it and lowered it a hair.

I was dailying it and really enjoying it for about a month.....

Guy was haulin in his bro-Tacoma and literally swiped the bumper straight off the car. Honestly it was pretty surgical. Somehow he clipped the bumper, but didn't touch the fender, hood, headlight or anything else. The downside is that cause it hit the backbar too, it tweaked both frame horns.

That takes us to part 2...

See less See more
#108 ·
I like it! Just enough to be noticeable. I'm not a fan of dark tinted taillights, it's dangerous for a street car.

#110 ·
I like the gloss/satin combo. I had painted the chrome on my old '98 wagon, but I ended up swapping the grille out for an iron mark badge grille a few months later.

It'll look really nice on the gray!

#117 ·
Yup, pretty much the same as paint care wise. Bugs and tar are ok. It cleans up well. Some people even ceramic coat their wraps. Rock chips seem to happen a bit less. I guess cause the material is softer so it doesn't really "chip" per se. it's also pretty easy to re-wrap parts. I'd say has contact is the only thing that worries me. I can't say it's really an issue as much as a self appointed concern.

#122 ·
Looks fantastic Adam, you must be thrilled with how it all came together!

How's the exhaust sound so far?
Really mellow so far. I still don't have boots reference hooked up though. Excited to hear that.

I know this is a bit late to the conversation, but I was just getting caught up on the thread. Is this the piece you mean, Will?

Adam, nice steady progress. Fun to watch it unfold so quickly. Very close to a white R in certain light with that wrap. A little hard to see in the most recent photos, what's up with the gap from outside of the tire to fender? You have an extremely smooth commute?
It's a very nice light grey. Gap? There's plenty of fender clearance. No rubs at all.

#128 ·
Indeed! It looks awesome!

#135 ·
Dent Wizard here is..$150 per car...

#138 ·
Yeah, I agree. It would look better molded into the factory spoiler.

#140 ·
It's sitting at my shop waiting for me to glue door panels back together. Pretty interesting how they separate pretty easy and the clip brackets all pull off. I've been spending a few cycles in the "shop truck" lately.

Since I drive it the most, it needed some maintenance and upgrades.

#142 ·
I'm still alive. Just been so ridiculously busy on customer work that I haven't done much on my own cars. Got some new wheels and put the spoiler on the car. I have a buddy who wanted to take photos (no, I haven't gotten any of them yet), so I just got it installed. I may take a mold later.

#144 ·
Got any shots just looking straight at the side? Certainly crushed it on the fab work though 👍

#150 ·
Dang - nice shot!!! I guess that's what my '00 V70R wants to look like when he grows up;-)

#147 ·
That wing is awesome.
Can't wait until the second shoot. Car is looking very nice.
Glad to hear you're so busy. You are a victim of your own success!

#148 ·
Pull those wiper stops off the headlights ;)

#151 ·
Can everyone keep an eye out for this truck? Last seen in the Portland/Vancouver area. Was stolen a couple nights ago. Nothing is worse than someone taking all your hard work. Besides the livery, it's got a Volvo five cylinder in it. Please let me know if you see it.

#153 ·
Man that's harsh! I really hope you find this! Word of advice, get a Tile tracker (Tile Pro) and slap it under the seat. A nice little free tracker that works great, especially since it's linked to a community network. I have one in all my cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.