SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Euro Taillights Install Before & After

5K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  myswede 
#1 ·
I recently purchased two sets of the euro taillights from VIVA Performance and got one of the sets installed. First of all, fantastic experience working with them. I checked out the install/removal procedure in VIDA and followed that which made this very easy. And yes, the rear bumper cover does need to be at least partially removed to get to the bolt under the bumper cover.

See less See more
#2 ·
Yes, when I did mine I just undid the upper part of the rear bumper and pulled it out enough to get to the tail light bolt. I did not have to remove the bumper all the way for this.

#6 ·
I want to do this but am scared at how pricey it would be. My 2019 XC90 taillights are perfectly fine, not sure I can bring myself to spend that much money. If for some reason there was an accident and I had to replace one, then Id replace both and get the euro version. Any US pricing for this you can share?

#8 ·
What is the difference for 2021 tail lights? Our earlier tail lights are already LED...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Does your set have the rear fog lights in both lights, or just one side? I called to order a set awhile ago when I was having my rear bumper replaced, but was told they only had a rear fog light on one side.

#12 ·
Does the EU version have the same DOT side reflector as the US version?

#16 · (Edited)
Red turn indicators are allowed in Belgium, so probalby everywhere in Europe (or at least in the EU).
I also see American cars with Belgian license plates and red turn insicators.
The rules for lights and reflectors are:
https://www.wegcode.be/wetteksten/secties/kb/tech/300-art28b

The relevant section reads:
De frequentie van de knipperingen moet gelegen zijn tussen 60 en 120 periodes per minuut.
De kleur van deze lichten moet wit of oranje naar voren en rood of oranje naar achteren zijn.
Translated:
The frequency of the turn indicators must be between 60 and 120 iterations per minute.
The color of these lights must be white or orange to the front and red or orange at the rear.

But I am not sure that the lenses of the lights of US cars have the right safety label for the EU.
If not, perhaps all lights must be replaced. I hope this is not so.

#18 ·
The top picture shows the standard red light for the blinkers, the bottom picture shows the European orange light instead.
It is a bit hard to see because the lights will cause local overexposure, but if you look closely, on the bottom picture you can see the orange plastic around the top of the lit area.

#21 · (Edited)
Spot the difference
Haha . . . Necklace on girl, window above garage door! Is that all you got?!
Count me in as favoring amber turn signals - it can't be mistaken for a broken rear brake light. Am very tempted to switch to amber but the price is just barely holding me back. (Might try exploring an European junk yard once travel is safe again to visit my relatives/peeps.)

#24 ·
#27 ·
I bought mine form VIVA Performance. The price has gone up since I purchased our sets but I still think they're worth it. I did have shipping damage on two sets, not catastrophic but I wasn't really thrilled as they're marketed as "New" take offs. They were good to deal with. I needed to send pictures of the boxes and light damage for insurance proof. Again...I would do it again if I needed them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.