Euro Taillights Install Before & After
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Euro Taillights Install Before & After

I recently purchased two sets of the euro taillights from VIVA Performance and got one of the sets installed. First of all, fantastic experience working with them. I checked out the install/removal procedure in VIDA and followed that which made this very easy. And yes, the rear bumper cover does need to be at least partially removed to get to the bolt under the bumper cover.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yes, when I did mine I just undid the upper part of the rear bumper and pulled it out enough to get to the tail light bolt. I did not have to remove the bumper all the way for this.
      2018 Volvo XC-90 R-Design package, Bursting Blue Metallic - grocery hauler and daily driver
      2016 Porsche GT4, Sapphire Blue Metallic - weekend and track toy

Quote Originally Posted by WunderWagen View Post
      Yes, when I did mine I just undid the upper part of the rear bumper and pulled it out enough to get to the tail light bolt. I did not have to remove the bumper all the way for this.
      I found it pretty easy to do but I've done stuff like this before.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

what is the difference - the blinker is orange in the EU version?
      2019 XC90 R Design Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Fan View Post
      what is the difference - the blinker is orange in the EU version?
      Y
      2019 XC90 T8i (OSD 2018 July)
      “Scientists study the world as it is; engineers create the world that has never been.” - Theodore von Karman

I want to do this but am scared at how pricey it would be. My 2019 XC90 taillights are perfectly fine, not sure I can bring myself to spend that much money. If for some reason there was an accident and I had to replace one, then Id replace both and get the euro version. Any US pricing for this you can share?
      New to the Forum! Excited to be here!
      Current: 2019 Volvo XC90 Inscription - Denim Blue Metallic / Maroon Brown
      Past: 2005 Volvo S60 2.5T - Mistral Green Metallic / Taupe
      Past: 2003 Volvo S60 2.4T - Titanium Grey Metallic / Taupe
      Past: 1995 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer - White / Brown

I’m going to wait if the 2021 euro fits and the Led lights function on earlier models. If they do I will get those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the difference for 2021 tail lights? Our earlier tail lights are already LED...

2018 Volvo XC-90 R-Design package, Bursting Blue Metallic - grocery hauler and daily driver

Well the led turn signal I mean.

Does your set have the rear fog lights in both lights, or just one side? I called to order a set awhile ago when I was having my rear bumper replaced, but was told they only had a rear fog light on one side.
      '18 XC90 Inscription
      Crystal White, Maroon Brown, 4C, B&W, Convenience, 21" 8 Spoke Wheels, P*

Mine has fog lights on both sides just like factory.

Quote Originally Posted by myswede View Post
      I recently purchased two sets of the euro taillights from VIVA Performance and got one of the sets installed. First of all, fantastic experience working with them. I checked out the install/removal procedure in VIDA and followed that which made this very easy. And yes, the rear bumper cover does need to be at least partially removed to get to the bolt under the bumper cover.

Does the EU version have the same DOT side reflector as the US version?
      Hers: 2019 S60 T5 R-Design FWD | Pebble Gray / Charcoal, Napa Leather | 18” R-Design Wheels | Heated Seats and Steering Wheel | Rubber Floor Mats

His: 2018 V90 T5 R-Design FWD | Crystal White / Charcoal, Full Napa Leather | 20" R-Design Diamond Cut Wheels | Convenience Package | Laminated Glass | Heated Seats/Steering Wheel | Powered Load Cover | Rubber Floor Mats | Integrated Child Safety Seats

Former Volvos: 2018 V60 Dynamic, 2008 S80 3.2 (first one with adaptive cruise in US), 2006 XC90 V8, 2004 V70ASR, 2003 V70ASR (OSD and replaced by 04 due to tranny problem with valve body), 03 S80 T6 (OSD), 99 V70 and 98 V70 (twins wagons to match our new born twins), 96 850GTA wagon, 93 940 Wagon (Cloth, no sunoof), 92 240 and 90 240 DL.

Quote Originally Posted by rdr854 View Post
      Does the EU version have the same DOT side reflector as the US version?
      Yes, the set from VIVA performance has the side reflectors, same as my 2018 US spec tail lights.

Quote Originally Posted by ADM17 View Post
      Does your set have the rear fog lights in both lights, or just one side? I called to order a set awhile ago when I was having my rear bumper replaced, but was told they only had a rear fog light on one side.
      The set from VIVA Performance has the rear fog on the Drivers site only. My US spec was on both sides.

How much did it cost? In the mid term I will move to Europe and need the euro lights, so I would change them here and sold the US ones...

Quote Originally Posted by Frikeando View Post
      How much did it cost? In the mid term I will move to Europe and need the euro lights, so I would change them here and sold the US ones...
      Red turn indicators are allowed in Belgium, so probalby everywhere in Europe (or at least in the EU).
      I also see American cars with Belgian license plates and red turn insicators.
      The rules for lights and reflectors are:
      https://www.wegcode.be/wetteksten/se...ech/300-art28b

The relevant section reads:
      De frequentie van de knipperingen moet gelegen zijn tussen 60 en 120 periodes per minuut.
      De kleur van deze lichten moet wit of oranje naar voren en rood of oranje naar achteren zijn.
      Translated:
      The frequency of the turn indicators must be between 60 and 120 iterations per minute.
      The color of these lights must be white or orange to the front and red or orange at the rear.

But I am not sure that the lenses of the lights of US cars have the right safety label for the EU.
      If not, perhaps all lights must be replaced. I hope this is not so.
      Last edited by Zahra; 03-18-2020 at 03:56 AM.
      2018 XC90 T5 (5-seater)

Sorry, but on my phone I can't see any difference between the two pix that couldn't be accounted for by position and exposure. What are the differences?

The top picture shows the standard red light for the blinkers, the bottom picture shows the European orange light instead.
      It is a bit hard to see because the lights will cause local overexposure, but if you look closely, on the bottom picture you can see the orange plastic around the top of the lit area.

TBH, I'm glad someone did this mod and took pics, cause now, I don't really want to have it. The differences is too minor to justify the cost.

Thanks again though.

Spot the difference

2018 Onyx Black T6 Momentum: Amber, 20" wheels

DIY Oil Change:
      https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...ange-with-pics

DIY Brake Pads:
      https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...ment-with-pics

Quote Originally Posted by stick_shift View Post
      Spot the difference
      Haha . . . Necklace on girl, window above garage door! Is that all you got?!
      Count me in as favoring amber turn signals - it can't be mistaken for a broken rear brake light. Am very tempted to switch to amber but the price is just barely holding me back. (Might try exploring an European junk yard once travel is safe again to visit my relatives/peeps.)
      Last edited by likeXC90; 03-19-2020 at 09:05 PM.
      2019 XC90 T8i (OSD 2018 July)
      “Scientists study the world as it is; engineers create the world that has never been.” - Theodore von Karman

Quote Originally Posted by asianrage View Post
      TBH, I'm glad someone did this mod and took pics, cause now, I don't really want to have it. The differences is too minor to justify the cost.
      Agree. Looks much better all red and I don't buy into any increased safety argument. Waste of time and money.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotspur View Post
      Agree. Looks much better all red and I don't buy into any increased safety argument. Waste of time and money.
      There is a possible safety issue, but perhaps not where all or most cars have red lights.
      I find it confusing when a car with red indicators brakes and turns on the indicators at
      the same time, but that's because it is rather exceptional here in the EU (only on US cars).
      2018 XC90 T5 (5-seater)

26. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements