XC60 prices
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Thread: XC60 prices

XC60 prices

Curious If the prices for XC60s has gone down through incentives.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bilmay View Post

My deal on a T8 inscription (denim blue/blond), advanced, luxury, heated, park assist, 20” wheels is $5k off sticker. Dealer provided all weather mats & trunk liner and bumper guard. This deal is similar to the prices listed on cars at the dealer customer appreciation day yesterday.
      Last edited by senatedon; 03-15-2020 at 02:46 PM.

Ok great. Did you secure a good interest rate thru Volvo financing too?

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Awaiting Approval
      I'd wait. With what is happening now with the economy you'll probably get a great deal if you wait.

We got my wife's XC60 T5 Inscription for about 12.5% off of MSRP - this ended up being below the fair purchase price of KKB, Edmunds, and True Car, for whatever those are worth.

This was early March, with the deal closing on 3/7. That being said, unless you need the car quickly, I'd suspect that there will be plenty of strong deals to be had in the coming weeks/months (though who knows for sure).

I had pre-secured 2.19% for up to 60 months through BOA and the dealer was able to get us a loan at 2.02% for 60 months.

Not bad. I wonder what folks in the Mid-Atlantic area are paying as well as their interest rates.

Daaaaaaayuuuuuuum... And I thought we did ok with 3.4% with Volvo Financing :P Impressed that BofA has much better 60-month rates right now than many credit unions!

Anyway, you did good

Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by Jofu View Post
      Daaaaaaayuuuuuuum... And I thought we did ok with 3.4% with Volvo Financing :P Impressed that BofA has much better 60-month rates right now than many credit unions!

Anyway, you did good

Geoff
      3.4%? You got taken to the cleaners. I got 1.49% through VCFS and that was back in October 2018 when rates were typically higher.

Volvo allows their dealers to mark up the interest rates, so it's important you beat the dealer up a bit during negotiations otherwise they'll take advantage of you. I wish Volvo would not let dealers arbitrarily mark up the financing/fees.

XC60 prices

Quote Originally Posted by p07r0457 View Post
      3.4%? You got taken to the cleaners. I got 1.49% through VCFS and that was back in October 2018 when rates were typically higher.

Volvo allows their dealers to mark up the interest rates, so it's important you beat the dealer up a bit during negotiations otherwise they'll take advantage of you. I wish Volvo would not let dealers arbitrarily mark up the financing/fees.

Volvo continues to advertise 2.99% on select XC60 models in spite of the current situation

Quote Originally Posted by p07r0457 View Post

I don't think you need to credit shame someone on 200 basis points. Jofu, you were not taken to the cleaners. Everyone's credit score, credit history, FCF, and DTI are slightly different. So we all may get slightly different rates.

Yes, it's wise to should shop around for rates if you can, but your 3.4% isn't terrible. VFS doesn't charge rates that I feel would take customers to the cleaners. Their rates are fairly competitive. My understanding when looking at their book in the past was VFS would simply choose to not extend a loan to a buyer if they felt the client was not reliable to repay the loan. They would not attach high interest rates to offset credit loss risk since that would lower the overall assessment of their book by rating agencies.

Also consider that VFS offers incentives sometimes to effectively sell a point of interest at the time of purchase. So a buyer may get cash up front to pay an extra 100 basis points over the life of the loan. Assuming a 2.5 year WAL on a $40,000 USD loan, this example 100 basis points is worth approximately $1,000 over the life of the loan. (PS: yes, I know a 5 year loan doesn't actually have a WAL of 2.5. I'm just generalizing some maths)
      Last edited by Holeydonut; 03-23-2020 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Holeydonut View Post
      I don't think you need to credit shame someone on 200 basis points. Jofu, you were not taken to the cleaners. Everyone's credit score, credit history, FCF, and DTI are slightly different. So we all may get slightly different rates.
      Okay, fair enough. Everyone's credit situation is different, and if your credit isn't perfect, then that would certainly explain a higher rate.

That said, it's still good advice to negotiate, and IF you have great credit, know that you should be able to get a great rate on a new vehicle (Under 2% new, maybe 3% used).

Term also matters. No one is getting 1.49% from Volvo for 60 months.. and auto rates have definitely gone up since 2018. Not everyone marks up rates just because we can.... but if you're at a place that is advertising rock bottom pricing, you can bet your pants they do (or else obscene warranty upcharges)... gotta make money somewhere... it is a business after all.
      Volvo Sales Guy
      VCOA Member

No offense taken guys Funny enough, both me and my wife have essentially perfect credit scores (850 ish?). The loan was for US$30k over 60 months. It was back in September 2019, and at the time I had looked around and places like BofA or credit unions were most definitely not offering 2.x% interest rates on 60 months. I had a loan pre-approved and ready to go with PenFed, I think for 3.6% or something like that. When I showed up at the dealer to finalize the sale, they offered me 3.34% so I took it.

Geoff

Just picked up a 2020 Fusion Red. Leased it, and happily got $1500 in Volvo Loyalty.

Volvo hasn't rolled out any incentives that either bring down the financing rate to zero nor offering any kind of payment deferral like other manufacturers. A lot of manufacturers are offering both. Heck, even little Mazda is offering 0% financing AND no payments for 90 days. Volvo could easily do the same but they seem detached from what is happening. Buyers are looking for some reassurance that manufacturers have their backs if something goes awry.

Current reports for the EU say sales in March are 48-52% lower than in the same month last year
      It will probably be in April and May
      2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

In certain regions they are offering 0% for 60 in lieu of the cash allowances. In others I've seen the loyalty rebate is higher in the $2-2,500 range but no 0% financing. I'm hoping April is a bad month for them and the incentives get better. 0% for 72 and the cash allowances would be nice. My car is about a month behind schedule of when it was originally supposed to be here.

After seeing their incentives for April and the delays, I had considered cancelling it but I couldn't really find anything else I was interested in.

GM and Ford have rebates on top of 0% financing. Looking at a GM truck right now. $6,000 rebate, $1,000 trade in allowance, 0% for 7 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
      GM and Ford have rebates on top of 0% financing. Looking at a GM truck right now. $6,000 rebate, $1,000 trade in allowance, 0% for 7 years.

Unlike many other manufacturers, Volvo Cars USA places the onus of responsibility on the dealers themselves with minimal corporate intervention. Those dealers that can afford it will offer zero-percent financing. Corporate could offer this along with generous cash rebates and payment deferral on new purchases.

Did about 8.5K off MSRP on my '18 XC60 T6 Momentum back in late 2018, and 10K off MSRP on a nearly fully loaded '19 S60 T6 Inscription late last year. 12.5K miles/year and 10K miles/year, respectively. Tire/wheel protection on both, cause I live in the Northeast.

Both are leases however, so VCFS financing.

The XC60 was my first ever car purchase, so I didn't quite understand all the ins/outs of leasing yet, the S60 is my mother's, but I did the purchasing on her behalf. Walked into the dealership, said I'd like 10K off of sticker, they laughed, I laughed, and two days later after a lot of back and forth of "shrewd negotiation" we met in the middle at 10K off MSRP. Can't tell you how many times we had a "final offer" that wasn't final. They tried all sorts of high-pressure sales tactics, sent various managers out to scope us out, lots of talk, etc... But just stuck to my guns and got what I wanted.

Just be prepared to walk away and go to another dealer if someone doesn't want to play ball. You'd be amazed what kind of offers materialize as you're walking out the door to go visit a competitor. That and enjoy yourself. If you're having fun negotiating, it makes all the dealer's BS games a fun challenge, rather than an annoyance.

I'm far from a seasoned car buyer, so just my $0.02!
      2018 XC 60 | T6 AWD P* | Momentum | Onyx Black/Amber | Convenience/Vision/Advanced/Nav/Cold Weather

Oh and these days, with the whole Corona-situation, you could probably get some really good deals.

Just do your research. Find cars that have been on the lot for a while, or have slightly unusual specs. I literally knew every car in inventory before I walked in. Get offers in writing so you can use them to leverage offers from other dealerships. And don't sign until you're happy with the price you're paying.
      2018 XC 60 | T6 AWD P* | Momentum | Onyx Black/Amber | Convenience/Vision/Advanced/Nav/Cold Weather

Unlike many other manufacturers, Volvo Cars USA places the onus of responsibility on the dealers themselves with minimal corporate intervention. Those dealers that can afford it will offer zero-percent financing. Corporate could offer this along with generous cash rebates and payment deferral on new purchases.
      0% financing does not come from the dealer itself, it is a VCFS program. Programs vary throughout the different regional sales territories. In my area (Southern US), they are also deferring your first two lease payments if you chose to lease.

Given Volvo's rather niche position in the market, I don't really see them in a position to offer as aggressive programs as someone such as GM or Ford.

Anyone else have any examples of COVID-19-era purchase prices in the US? I've been holding out for a sign that Volvo dealers are getting desperate.

Also note that Volvo changes their incentives at the beginning of each month.

I've read yesterday that Rolex, Vacheron Constantin and many other luxury brands shut down completely until further notice.
      and it makes sense, since why would you need a 10k watch or a 50k car if you are not going to use it?
      If covid-19 has taught us anything is that everything is affected. YMMV, but I believe now is not the time to buy a car.

Nevertheless, Volvo, like most automakers, will probably announce their new prices, once the quarantine measures lift, so there could be someone to actually be able to sell you the car hehe.
      The fact that in the US people still work and act like nothing changed, doesn't mean that things are the same in Sweden too.
      Current: 2020 Volvo XC60 R-Design, 2018 Volvo XC40 R-Design
      Previous: 2009 Volvo C70, 2006 Volvo XC60, 2003 Saab 9-5, 1999 Mitsubishi FTO, 1998 Land Rover Freelander, 1995 Suzuki Swift Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by stocis View Post
      I've read yesterday that Rolex, Vacheron Constantin and many other luxury brands shut down completely until further notice.
      and it makes sense, since why would you need a 10k watch or a 50k car if you are not going to use it?
      If covid-19 has taught us anything is that everything is affected. YMMV, but I believe now is not the time to buy a car.

Nevertheless, Volvo, like most automakers, will probably announce their new prices, once the quarantine measures lift, so there could be someone to actually be able to sell you the car hehe.
      The fact that in the US people still work and act like nothing changed, doesn't mean that things are the same in Sweden too.
      Sweden didn't actually "lock down" at all. Social distancing and risk mitigating, but they didn't lock everyone at home and close all the businesses. Rather smart, if you ask me. Especially as we're finally getting concrete data on how not-lethal Covid-19 is, especially if you're under 60 and healthy. America probably should wait a bit longer to give the all clear, but several states are already reopening, and the major east/west coast cities will be following suit over the next few weeks.

That aside, I appreciate your consideration towards those who were affected. It is always kind to think of your fellow mankind.

Unfortunately, this is America, not Greece, where the dollar is king, the economy is a meat grinder where you better have a valuable and not-easily-automated skill set, an perhaps most importantly, a killer instinct. Pardon my synicism, but as a 31 year old growing up in America, it's eat or be eaten capitalism over here. No exceptions.

Point being, if you're fortunate enough to be considering a $50K+ car, I think leveraging the misery of covid-19 to lower the price of a car is both smart and perfectly appropriate.

Although maybe wait until May 1st to see if there any incentives? But honestly, they're gonna be so excited to start moving vehicles again, I bet most dealers will go >10K off MSRP on nearly any model right now. And once there's a rush after full re-opening, stock and supply chains might be limited, so honestly, I'd shop sooner rather than later.

I just received an email from Oursmann Volvo in Bethesda MD.....2019 T6 R Design MSRP of $61000, on sale for $50480
      2019 XC 60 T8 Inscription Osmium Grey
      2017 Honda Africa Twin

Quote Originally Posted by flames9 View Post
      I just received an email from Oursmann Volvo in Bethesda MD.....2019 T6 R Design MSRP of $61000, on sale for $50480
      So-so deal on a last year's model.
      2019 S60 T6 R-design Polestar / Fusion Red / Black
      2018 XC60 T8 AWD Inscription Vision Lux Air / Fusion Red / Black
      past:
      2018 S60 T5 Dynamic Sport Vision Nav / Onyx Black / Black
      2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum Sport BLIS / Power Blue / Blond|Black
      2014 S60 T5 Prem Plus Sport BLIS Xenons / Ember Black / Beechwood

The Volvo Cars USA website is advertising 0% financing on select models. There is no payment deferral and the special financing excludes all other incentives. I wonder what offers buyers will be getting.

There is now a $1,250 Costco Rebate for XC40, XC60, and XC90 models through June 30th.
      2020 XC60 T5 Momentum Osmium Gray/Blond City Weave Textile

Quote Originally Posted by JTXC60 View Post
      There is now a $1,250 Costco Rebate for XC40, XC60, and XC90 models through June 30th.
      Sadly I doubt our car will be here by the 30th given it was originally scheduled to be built April 7th and delivered June 16th. No idea when it will be built now, or if it has been already.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      2001 V70, 2.4T White/blond (outgoing)
      2020 XC60 T8, Inscription White/blond (incoming - sometime)

I noticed that some dealers are offering discounts for consumers that are also frontline healthcare workers. Curious if anyone was able to get all current incentives on top of zero percent financing?

36. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements