SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Tcv replacement

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  paradoxicallymodified 
#1 ·
So it seems like my new to me c30's tcv died. It just runs out of go juice right around 3200 I'd say and just revs out like my 2.4i. so since it seems like it's the tcv, should I just go stock or do I get anything out going aftermarket? Just looking for recommendations and opinions on what to do. Thanks everyone.

#2 ·
So people running a K24 turbo are fine still using a stock, Pierburg TCV. If you want I have an Elevate TCV that I bought for whenever I need to replace mine.

I am likely just going to replace and relocate my TCV when the time comes. If I still have the Elevate TCV, I'll likely put that in, but I am not sold one way or the other. I purchased the Elevate TCV thinking it would last longer than the stock TCV and likely it will because it is located away from the hot turbo.

#3 ·
You really should change your tune if you plan on changing to a different TCV.
The stock TCV is perfectly sufficient for any build that is still running the stock ECU. Replace with stock and relocate it so that it'll last the remaining life of the car.

So people running a K24 turbo are fine still using a stock, Pierburg TCV.
I think you mean K16? K24 is the P2R turbo and there's only one P1 that I know of running a custom K24 setup, but they're still working on tuning issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.