Might be the end of my 05 VR
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Might be the end of my 05 VR

Last week my fuel pump relay (PCM I think) died on the on the highway on ramp, crank no start, needed a tow. As I was sitting in the tow truck while he was loading it I see it suddenly roll back and slam into the State police car sitting behind me. Supposedly the spool catch on the winch let go...not operator error....year right. Damages include big hole in rear bumper cover, smashed driver tail light and baseball sized "push in" on left side of tailgate. With 230K mi on her and the insurance adjuster coming today to inspect, I'm fearful that it is destined to be totaled. Anyone dealt with this and have an idea of what they will value the old girl considering the miles and cost of damage?
      Do you guys still send out KB (Kate Beckinsale) in this instance
      New to me 2005 V70R with a laundry list........

SOLD!...2004 V70R 213K Black Sapphire/Nordkap/GT/upper poly mount(thanks Dougy)Snabb intake/Phuzz TCV/Viva CBV/K&N/OBX DP(thanks Fitzy)Custom 3" Maganaflow cat back/Evolve rear sway bar(again thanks Fitzy)

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Shoot, I am going through issue with similar area of damage... So far its not looking good for me and I have half your mileage...
      Body shop told me to put together receipt for any recent work to add value to the car.
      Also check zzzzzzz thread for listings of several high dollar v70r sales to fight the man...
      Two V70r in a week.... Sad

I would HEAVILY stress giving them comparable listings, a base v70 does not make a good comparison. @ZZZZZZZ has much more info on how to go about this I think.

Also it should definitely be on the tow truck company's insurance, right? You deserve to be made whole monetarily!

Me: 2007 VR gt Slicktop Titanium Grey/Nordkap Wife: 2015 XC60 T6 AWD Ocean Race Past: 2006 V70 2.5T Willow Green/Oak, 2005 S60 2.5T AWD Silver/Black
      Me: 2007 VR gt Slicktop Titanium Grey/Nordkap Wife: 2015 XC60 T6 AWD Ocean Race
      Past: 2006 V70 2.5T Willow Green/Oak, 2005 S60 2.5T Silver/Black, 1991 745 White auto, 1982 244 Silver 4spd w/od

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kTaLgsTo View Post
      Shoot, I am going through issue with similar area of damage... So far its not looking good for me and I have half your mileage...
      Body shop told me to put together receipt for any recent work to add value to the car.
      Also check zzzzzzz thread for listings of several high dollar v70r sales to fight the man...
      Two V70r in a week.... Sad
      Thanks for the tip, I had just done the rear struts, timing belt and water pump

SOLD!...2004 V70R 213K Black Sapphire/Nordkap/GT/upper poly mount(thanks Dougy)Snabb intake/Phuzz TCV/Viva CBV/K&N/OBX DP(thanks Fitzy)Custom 3" Maganaflow cat back/Evolve rear sway bar(again thanks Fitzy)

Definitely keep us updated because this is the whole situation that worries me about driving my VR at all.
      Theres is no way in hell they can use a regular V70 as a comparable value it's a completely different car in virtually every way. You HAVE to push for comparable cars. They may try to throw the "it's not in the same section of the country therefore prices can't be compared" but when a car is this rare they dont have a choice.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Ooof, sounds like a nightmare. You have any pictures of the damage? Sounds like a few scavenged parts might be able to bring it back if they do end up totaling.

And I definitely agree with tabormeister, the tow insurance is absolutely responsible for fixing this. Was there any damage to the police car?
      -2004 V70 R @ 68K, 18" Pegs, Titanium w/ Nordkap

Also, even if they decide it's too much to fix, you have options. You can take a lower disbursement to avoid a title hit, or keep the car and fix even if totaled. IDK all the options but there are several, someone on the forums just went through it recently

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
      Past: 2006 V70 2.5T Willow Green/Oak, 2005 S60 2.5T Silver/Black, 1991 745 White auto, 1982 244 Silver 4spd w/od

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...-thread/page57

If it doesn't take you directly to the page... its page 57, whole list of prices, plus page 55?? I think has BAT sales

I appreciate all the good info and will try to fight the towing's insurance company if they try to total. Granted even before the accident I was in it for the long haul with this R, with 230K who know how long that haul is. Worst come to worst I'll throw a new tail light on it and drive with the hole in the bumper and dent in the tailgate....with a salvage title. I have pics but forget how to properly post them...I'll work on that. I'll keep you guys posted.....

More R sales since ZZZZZZZ's claim....

More R sales since ZZZZZZZ's claim....

lots of good ammo there, thanks

Who cares if it has a salvage title
      05 XC70R Ice White
      06 V70R GT TiGrey/Gobi

Sold & missed: 05 V70R M66 Saffhire Black/Nordkap

Quote Originally Posted by CapeMayXC70 View Post
      Certain insurance companies wont insure it, I have esurance through Allstate. They wont touch a salvage title.
      Not to mention resale on the off chance he ever wanted to sell it albeit the mileage being higher.
      I sold my LS400 with 219k miles for 5200.00 and that is mass produced.

Quote Originally Posted by CapeMayXC70 View Post
      It's not the car I purchased, that's why I care. I've put a lot of time in this car to make it what it is.
      If it gets totaled prepare for a semi part out, I'm gonna buy it back and drag race it. Don't need all that weight anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Cptnslo View Post
      Certain insurance companies wont insure it, I have esurance through Allstate. They wont touch a salvage title.
      Not to mention resale on the off chance he ever wanted to sell it albeit the mileage being higher.
      I sold my LS400 with 219k miles for 5200.00 and that is mass produced.

Might be a different circumstance being you owned it, and didn't purchase a salvage car with the intent to save $.
      06R Custom Electric Blue Silver
      07R Magic Blue - Sold
      04 Bonatti Gray Rover Disco HSE
      09 Iridium Silver SLK55 AMG P30 Edition

TOTALED I guess I figured it would be with the high miles, still haven't heard what they are going to offer as a value. I'm assuming they will cut me check for the value minus the salvage value, not sure, this is my first go around, any thoughts?
      thanks for all the info so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Noreaster View Post
      TOTALED I guess I figured it would be with the high miles, still haven't heard what they are going to offer as a value. I'm assuming they will cut me check for the value minus the salvage value, not sure, this is my first go around, any thoughts?
      thanks for all the info so far.
      If you're not happy with the value they're offering you can fight it. I fought for the value on my e36 m3 for a month and a half before they finally made me a fair offer when insurance totalled it after someone backed into me in a parking lot

Ask to see their comps, make sure its an R they are using. Usaa was not using an R as comp for me until yesterday.
      Show them the recent sales, fight the man.

Ask to see their comps, make sure its an R they are using. Usaa was not using an R as comp for me until yesterday.
      Show them the recent sales, fight the man.
      That was my first question, are they basing it off the R model and their reply was that they went off the Vin so I assume they are

If you're not happy with the value they're offering you can fight it. I fought for the value on my e36 m3 for a month and a half before they finally made me a fair offer when insurance totalled it after someone backed into me in a parking lot

Any one have an idea of what they will value it as? 2005 V70R GT with 229K miles "Good Condition" on a good day

I'd probably say anywhere from 4-7k depending on color and condition beforehand obviously.
      07R Magic Blue - Sold

Any one have an idea of what they will value it as? 2005 V70R GT with 229K miles "Good Condition" on a good day
      Hopefully you have photos before of the car

Ask to see the comps, they used my vin too, and it was just plain ass v70s. They either play dumb or don't care.

FYI depending on when you purchased and state law, they may be required to cover any sales tax and registration fees. Might be worth looking into or asking about... Could get you a few hundred more.
      -2004 V70 R @ 68K, 18" Pegs, Titanium w/ Nordkap

That was my first question, are they basing it off the R model and their reply was that they went off the Vin so I assume they are
      You assume. Never assume when it comes to money matters. Ask them for the info they used. The VIN shows V70. Many insurance co do not limit the search to only R cars and even then they may pick and chose which cars they include.
      Even then remember this is a deal that is negotiated, so they will try to go low. If you do/say nothing (as most people do) you lose money.
      2004 V70R, manual, 4T4

Still no contact from the insurance co as far as compensation, on a more frustrating note I tried to swap in an Ebay PEM fuel pump module to hopefully solve my crank no start problem (swaptronics). I was able to successfully jump my fuel pump from the connector with a battery and start the car. I thought I was home free so i picked up a PEM off the bay, threw it in and no luck I can't win. Now the one i received is a different part number but from what I have read they are compatible. Can anyone speak to the compatibility of PEM's I think there is a model split within 2005?

I spent DAYS on the phone across my insurance co and theirs. They have no idea what they’re doing. Dude I dealt with when he first came to me said, “Wow this is low and clean. I’ve been doing this more than ten years and I never knew these existed.” I kept repeating it to him as the days went on. He said I know but the policy is to get cars locally for comp. I said, “I’ve only seen two locally in three years of ownership. This is one of 345 that were ever imported.” He expanded the search and used some of the sales from BAT and eBay. That got me close to a thousand more and made the difference I needed from the estimate I got from the shop I wanted to use. Some of the more costly sales happened after my valuation. The community here is really good. Source some parts on your own that are OEM and tell them you need x, y, z done and painted. Get the money you can and get it fixed. I had a guy following my thread who actually had a passion red door with perfect finish. That helped lower estimate.
      "The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

Isn't the tow company liable to make you whole? The car was in their custody when the accident occurred and by their hand. Speak to them first, if they refuse to sue them. They definitely have insurance for this.
      07R Magic Blue - Sold

By all means try this first. My wife may have let me do that to a tow company but wasn’t willing to let me do that do a neighbor a block away because after all...he made a mistake. To her, though, these cars (any car) are just transportation and not an important part of the family. I agree, but if it makes me happy, it’s more than that. I get attached emotionally. You guys read this in my thread, but I’ll repeat it again: that Monday I closed my office door and was pretty much in tears like a pet had died. Stupid, but these things mean a lot to me. True Happiness is rare sometimes in this world. You have to be worried when someone threatens to take it away.
      Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
      Isn't the tow company liable to make you whole? The car was in their custody when the accident occurred and by their hand. Speak to them first, if they refuse to sue them. They definitely have insurance for this.
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

Still no contact from the insurance co as far as compensation, on a more frustrating note I tried to swap in an Ebay PEM fuel pump module to hopefully solve my crank no start problem (swaptronics). I was able to successfully jump my fuel pump from the connector with a battery and start the car. I thought I was home free so i picked up a PEM off the bay, threw it in and no luck I can't win. Now the one i received is a different part number but from what I have read they are compatible. Can anyone speak to the compatibility of PEM's I think there is a model split within 2005?
      PEMs ARE different, yes. Incompatible, based on the kind of tank you have. Is yours mounted in the trunk? FCP has a good fitment database, but the only true indicator is the part#. https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vol...742823#fitment

And what @The Driver and @ZZZZZZZ are saying is legit! Don't let them bully you into submission, most likely the chuckleheads have never dealt with a low-volume special caR like this

I don't think it will end up with a salvage title because it's more than 10 years old, and in MA that makes it exempt. My friend does them all the time at his shop in Worcester. I just missed buying a real nice looking 08 S60 awd from Copart that needed left side doors and a little rear quarter work. Title status was clean as it was a MA car. The insurance company should pay you the value of your car and give you a salvage value price that they would expect to get at auction.
      2007 S60R GT, Magic Blue/Nordkap
      2005 S60 AWD, Silver/Black
      2001 C70 Coupe HPT, Black/Black
      2008 XC90 V8 Executive, Ember Black/Chestnut

Only getting $1,700 for the R from the insurance co $2,975 minus $1,270 for prior damage

Only getting $1,700 for the R from the insurance co $2,975 minus $1,270 for prior damage
      Wtf I'd be fighting that! You will never find a comparable

Lawyer up.
      Wtf I'd be fighting that! You will never find a comparable

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast