Price Check - 2019 XC60 T6 R-Design Loaner
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Results 1 to 22 of 22
    1. #1
      Hi Guys,

      I'd like to take your suggestions on the price of a Loaner/Demo XC60.

      This is a 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design near me with the [Advanced, Bowers & Wilkins, 21" Wheels] packages at an MSRP of $61,000. It has 5,500 miles on it.

      I have the dealer down to 47,000 + Taxes and Fees, approximately 23% off MSRP. I have currently decided to finance the car.

      I wanted to make sure if this was a good deal that I could jump on. What are your thoughts?

      Thanks,
      Ram
      Last edited by shriram.ramesh89; 03-18-2020 at 03:17 PM.

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #2
      Junior Member stocis's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Location
      Cyprus
      Posts
      258
      I think its a great deal! But it's you who's gonna enjoy the car
      What do you think?
      Current: 2020 Volvo XC60 R-Design, 2018 Volvo XC40 R-Design
      Previous: 2009 Volvo C70, 2006 Volvo XC60, 2003 Saab 9-5, 1999 Mitsubishi FTO, 1998 Land Rover Freelander, 1995 Suzuki Swift Sedan

    4. #3
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2013
      Location
      Georgia
      Posts
      50
      Quote Originally Posted by shriram.ramesh89 View Post
      I'd like to take your suggestions on the price of a Loaner/Demo XC60.

      This is a 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design at an MSRP of $61,000. It has 5,500 miles on it.

      I have the dealer down to 47,000 + Taxes and Fees,
      For your reference I Just purchased (a week ago) a 2020 xc60 T6, MSRP of $64,845 (inscription, air suspension and stuff) with 5800 miles for 54,375 +taxes and fees.

    5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements
       

    6. #4
      Quote Originally Posted by stocis View Post
      I think its a great deal! But it's you who's gonna enjoy the car
      What do you think?
      Thanks! I really like the car, it exudes class and comfort. But I wasn't finding enough data around how much I should pay for a previous year loaner, especially with financing. Leasing seems to be more popular.
      Last edited by shriram.ramesh89; 03-18-2020 at 07:18 PM.

    7. #5
      Quote Originally Posted by hoonk View Post
      For your reference I Just purchased (a week ago) a 2020 xc60 T6, MSRP of $64,845 (inscription, air suspension and stuff) with 5800 miles for 54,375 +taxes and fees.
      Congratulations on your new Volvo!

    8. #6
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Posts
      684
      Quote Originally Posted by shriram.ramesh89 View Post
      Hi Guys,

      I'd like to take your suggestions on the price of a Loaner/Demo XC60.

      This is a 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design near me with the [Advanced, Bowers & Wilkins, 21" Wheels] packages at an MSRP of $61,000. It has 5,500 miles on it.

      I have the dealer down to 47,000 + Taxes and Fees, approximately 23% off MSRP. I have currently decided to finance the car.

      I wanted to make sure if this was a good deal that I could jump on. What are your thoughts?

      Thanks,
      Ram
      Because of the virus - you are in charge - use it to your advantage Just watch the news and not what the salesman tell you.

    9. #7
      Junior Member RootDKJ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2010
      Location
      North Jersey
      Posts
      778
      23% off is close to the discount I got. I’d go for it.
      2019 Bursting Blue XC60 R-Design T8
      | 21" Wheels | Exterior Style Kit | Advanced | 4C Air | B & W | CPO 10yr/Unlimited |
      2010 Maple Red XC60 T6 retired at 173,375 miles

    10. #8
      Quote Originally Posted by RootDKJ View Post
      23% off is close to the discount I got. I’d go for it.
      Thanks! Did you buy a 2019 after the 2020s came out or before?

    11. #9
      Junior Member PSamy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Location
      Southern CT
      Posts
      95
      Seems to be a good deal, where are you located?, it also depends on your location, number of dealers and cars availability along with demand.
      2019 XC60 - T6 - R-Design - Polestar - Air Suspension W/Four-C Chassis - Advance - Crystal White Pearl - 21" R-Design Wheels

    12. #10
      Quote Originally Posted by PSamy View Post
      Seems to be a good deal, where are you located?, it also depends on your location, number of dealers and cars availability along with demand.
      I'm at Texas, there are very few T6 R-Designs out here in general.

    13. #11
      Junior Member PSamy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Location
      Southern CT
      Posts
      95
      Quote Originally Posted by shriram.ramesh89 View Post
      I'm at Texas, there are very few T6 R-Designs out here in general.
      with current situation, you probably have an upper hand, try to push for another a percent or two . If that does not work out, get some free accessories or additional free maintenance schedules. I don't think people are walking into any dealership right now.
      2019 XC60 - T6 - R-Design - Polestar - Air Suspension W/Four-C Chassis - Advance - Crystal White Pearl - 21" R-Design Wheels

    14. #12
      Quote Originally Posted by PSamy View Post
      with current situation, you probably have an upper hand, try to push for another a percent or two . If that does not work out, get some free accessories or additional free maintenance schedules. I don't think people are walking into any dealership right now.
      Yeah, I'm going to ask for a better financing rate at the least because there's not a single incentive at this point.

    15. #13
      Junior Member stocis's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2019
      Location
      Cyprus
      Posts
      258
      I think you'd get a better deal if you pushed now (as in today) rather than 1-2 weeks later. Don't know why. just a hunch.
      Current: 2020 Volvo XC60 R-Design, 2018 Volvo XC40 R-Design
      Previous: 2009 Volvo C70, 2006 Volvo XC60, 2003 Saab 9-5, 1999 Mitsubishi FTO, 1998 Land Rover Freelander, 1995 Suzuki Swift Sedan

    16. #14
      Thanks for the suggestion. What in your opinion would be a good leverage to ask/push?

    17. #15
      Quote Originally Posted by shriram.ramesh89 View Post
      Thanks for the suggestion. What in your opinion would be a good leverage to ask/push?
      What dealer you talking with? I got my vehicle at Autobahn back in 2016 as a loaner / demo. I think MSRP was around $36,000 and I paid 29,000. Didn't include Tax, Title Licensing. Put car at around $31,300 thereafter.

      Does your offer include Taxes, Title, and Licensing? I wasn't sure if the + meant in addition or included. Being everything is taking a hit, you're in the drivers seat. Probably could push them down more since dealers are hurting on sales atm.

    18. #16
      It's the Austin dealership. Its 47,000 and the TTL are extra. So I am looking at roughly 50,500$ out-the-door.

    19. #17
      Quote Originally Posted by shriram.ramesh89 View Post
      It's the Austin dealership. Its 47,000 and the TTL are extra. So I am looking at roughly 50,500$ out-the-door.
      I'd say you got a good deal, but give it an extra push to see if they'll budge more. Can't hurt to try, because of the current "pandemic" resulting in a depressed market. Can't offer any specifics to the Austin Dealer. Only driven through Austin Long ago, and didn't own a Volvo then. Should have stopped and explored. I hear Austin is a great city.

    20. #18
      Thanks again for the suggestion, I'll try. Are Autobahn good with the pricing? Austin is great, but the car dealerships here are pretty stiff. Some act like they're the only ones selling vehicles in this world.

    21. #19
      Quote Originally Posted by shriram.ramesh89 View Post
      Thanks again for the suggestion, I'll try. Are Autobahn good with the pricing? Austin is great, but the car dealerships here are pretty stiff. Some act like they're the only ones selling vehicles in this world.
      Austin is definitely an anomaly in conservative Texas. Use to live in Houston for a few years. So I guess dealers feel they can fleece the college kids and well to do locals. Oil money abound.

      Tides turned and couldn't be better time to bargain and push. I kid you not, at the height of the 2008 recession, one Kia dealer was doing by a car get one free. The car bought was around 25 to 30kand the free car was around 15k.

      Desperate times call for desperate measures.
      Last edited by MyVolvoS60; 03-20-2020 at 09:00 PM.

    22. #20
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      NoVA
      Posts
      238
      It would have been a good deal a month ago. Not so in todays world.

      I hope I'm wrong but I suspect the whole country will be in lockdown in the immediate future and the economy basically at a standstill. Peoples retirement savings have reduced by 35% with more to go. Dealerships near me are by appointment only. My bet is that car sales will be 90% down and car companies will be happy to sell at their cost to stay afloat. Interest rates have plummeted (although not necessarily filtered thru to the consumer martketplace yet)

      So I'd be in no hurry to make a deal right now.

      I truly hope I'm wrong.
      2018 V90 T5 R Design FWD | Bursting Blue / Charcoal, Full Napa Leather | 20" R Design Diamond Cut wheels | Convenience Package | Laminated Glass | Heated Seats/Steering Wheel | HUD | Powered Load Cover | Mud Flaps | Rubber Floor Mats | Polestar Optimization

    23. #21
      Quote Originally Posted by Iamhives View Post
      It would have been a good deal a month ago. Not so in todays world.

      I hope I'm wrong but I suspect the whole country will be in lockdown in the immediate future and the economy basically at a standstill. Peoples retirement savings have reduced by 35% with more to go. Dealerships near me are by appointment only. My bet is that car sales will be 90% down and car companies will be happy to sell at their cost to stay afloat. Interest rates have plummeted (although not necessarily filtered thru to the consumer martketplace yet)

      So I'd be in no hurry to make a deal right now.

      I truly hope I'm wrong.

      Yes, I am resisting my impulses. Its damn hard but it definitely looks like the situation is worth waiting. Appreciate your suggestion!

    24. #22
      Quote Originally Posted by shriram.ramesh89 View Post
      Yes, I am resisting my impulses. Its damn hard but it definitely looks like the situation is worth waiting. Appreciate your suggestion!
      I think if you're willing to take a gamble, Iamhives might be right. As the economy contracts and restrictions tighten, dealer inventory is going to be collecting dust. Meaning they'll be happy to move it off the lot at deep discounts.

    25. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Similar Threads

    1. C/D Long Term 2019 XC60 T6 AWD R-Design Review
      By PureDrive07 in forum XC60 (SPA: 2018- )
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: 12-22-2018, 09:23 AM
    2. Loaner - 2018 xc60 t6 awd
      By LittleMushi in forum XC60 (SPA: 2018- )
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: 11-17-2018, 08:35 AM
    3. Opinions wanted: Loaner/Demo XC60 price?
      By Synthetickiller in forum XC60 (2010 - 2017)
      Replies: 31
      Last Post: 06-22-2016, 06:27 PM
    4. Replies: 17
      Last Post: 01-27-2016, 01:24 PM
    5. Replies: 11
      Last Post: 01-17-2016, 11:11 AM