SRS Airbag Service Urgent - bug?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

SRS Airbag Service Urgent - bug?

Last week I got an SRS Airbag Service Urgent message. Next day, gone. Next day it came back. Then gone again and hasn't shown up for a week now. I also had a weird glitch with my auto hold brake engaging a couple of times without me physically pushing the button. This all happened around the time of a software update and hasn't happened for 8 days now.

My question is...anyone else have this? My dealer is 2 hours away and I have an appt tomorrow, but would really like to NOT drive 4 hours round trip if it may be a software glitch, especially with all the public health problems right now.
      My contact at the dealer wasn't overly helpful on the phone.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Farm View Post
      Last week I got an SRS Airbag Service Urgent message. Next day, gone. Next day it came back. Then gone again and hasn't shown up for a week now. I also had a weird glitch with my auto hold brake engaging a couple of times without me physically pushing the button. This all happened around the time of a software update and hasn't happened for 8 days now.

My question is...anyone else have this? My dealer is 2 hours away and I have an appt tomorrow, but would really like to NOT drive 4 hours round trip if it may be a software glitch, especially with all the public health problems right now.
      My contact at the dealer wasn't overly helpful on the phone.
      Yes. Happned on MY 15.5 S60. Was a software issue. Hopefully yours is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by MyVolvoS60 View Post
      Yes. Happned on MY 15.5 S60. Was a software issue. Hopefully yours is the same.
      Thanks! I called the dealer again and spoke with someone WAY more knowledgeable and they noted the software update to fix this but said it's not a big deal to wait until next service as it won't affect performance or safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Farm View Post
      Thanks! I called the dealer again and spoke with someone WAY more knowledgeable and they noted the software update to fix this but said it's not a big deal to wait until next service as it won't affect performance or safety.
      You're welcome.

6. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements