Sad Broken 2019 S90 T8
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Sad Broken 2019 S90 T8

So last week a maintenance request came up on the display, schedule maint soon. was only 7700 miles but the tech said it was probably because it was 1 year. I gave him the laundry list of things I had been saving up, like the engine accelerating, dying, then surging and being fine after that. Two weeks ago I was backing into a parking spot in Pure mode, half a charge left, and the car didn't go, the ICE fired up and turned back off, then the car went in reverse on electric, quite odd. This past week my track seek buttons on the steering wheel go unresponsive, and the Sensus Home button is dead at the same time. Lately the adaptive cruise has been coming really close up on people before jamming on the brakes, instead of smoothly following cars in afternoon city street traffic, I've had to stomp on the brakes cuz I wasn't sure it was going to stop (I always ride foot over pedal just to be cautious). And of course the usual 70mph 20" Pirelli tire vibration that everyone else has.
      Two days later I now have a loaner (2020 XC60 T5 AWD), he says the S90 is hooked up to a computer and Volvo corporate tech is doing work on it, no description of what's wrong.
      Even tho I reported the tire vibration on the first two visits, the problem now is that one is unbalance-able, the two rear rims are bent on the inside (so not a parallel park job), and one has a nail in it. So he's not going to take responsibility for any tire issues.
      He said he replaced the buttons on the steering wheel, I asked about sensus Home button, he said "well you're getting a big software update so we'll check after that".
      I bought my car last April and they've never done any updates on it so I know there are several big packages it'll get, if they do it. They told me they would absolutely upload the new stuff last year, and then didn't. So I'm not holding my breath.
      He said that it's just corporate doing the software install, but would it take two days?
      I hope something addresses the cruise control cuz i'm going to be very distrusting of it on highway and in city now. It was my savior on my way home in Atlanta traffic, so if it's going to ride up on people, my only solution will be to turn it off.
      Trying not to be a worrywort, but would you think there is something drastically wrong if it's taking 3 days? Or is that usual for cars that are more software than hardware.
      Hope my boy is recoverable, can't get Magic Blue any more.
      I like the maps in the XC60 way better than the sensus ones in mine, wasn't 2020 supposed to be the start of Android in the systems?

Thanks all for listening to my rant.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Just because they say it's being worked on doesn't mean it really is yet, could have sat for the first day or two and they're just getting started on it. Also with so many little things they probably have to request permission and guidance from Volvo on each one which is a slow process.

No, the Android Sensus is not on the market at all yet. The Polestar 2 will be the first released with it then it will slowly spread to the rest of the lineup over a few years.
      2019 S60 T6 Inscription
      1998 V70R. RIP Transmission
      1973 Volvo 1800ES which will someday get a T6 engine

As far as the adaptive cruise, does it rely on the same backbone as the safety systems? If yes, perhaps this is relevant:

https://jalopnik.com/automaker-of-sa...the-1842417379

not a huge fan of jalopnik, but it's all I have.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Well that's wonderful. Maybe that's part of all the things they are doing to it. Hopefully my Tardis comes out alive. Thanks all for the insight and links.

Very strange issue. My opinion maybe one module (hardware/software) is causing the whole issue. Hopefully it's only a software issue. If not, they will need to check all the hardware and electricity related.

Regarding the bent wheels, large wheels are big problem. I fixed my 20" wheels around 2 times. Our roads have so many potholes.

If you want a peace of mind go with the 19" or 18".

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

Got the car back on Monday. And spoke to my sales and finance rep while I was in there. Turns out I did buy the tire and rim protection, service guys never bothered to look, so it has to go back for all of those issues to be fixed. They said that Volvo corporate was unable to fix it but they sent a technician to their service shop and he was able to get everything flashed. Replaced the buttons on the steering wheel. Upgraded sensus. Another firmware upgrade for the thermostat for the electric motor and cooling. I've only driven it from the shop to home, so I don't know if anything changed or fixed. I plugged the car in to charge, and about 30 minutes later I got a VoC notification that charging was interrupted. I go out, the charger is dark (no leds), I look at the plug and it's smoked and the socket is charred and the GFCI popped. I was using my 3rd party charger at the time. I have to go get my Volvo official charger from a friend who borrowed it so I don't know if the car surged, the charger surged, or just electrical anomaly. After I replace the 20amp socket I'll be able to plug it in and test.
      So it has to go back after the lock-down to get all 4 tires replaced and two rims unbent, and all 4 rims will be fixed around the lugnuts where they of course scratched them because they can't unmount rims w/o damaging people's wheels. They can, they just don't.
      Is there any way w/o vida to know the firmware versions in my car?

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements