New XC60 T8
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Thread: New XC60 T8

New XC60 T8

Just found out my wife’s XC60 got built yesterday and is waiting in line at the port. Hopefully, it should make it here to the states in a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

You're lucky. Volvo is suspending all production for a few weeks now.
      Sent from a device using some software

Lucky you. Mine was FC on Wednesday, so keeping fingers crossed that they will manage to load it before closing on Thursday.

Gotheborg and all sweden factories will be closed on Thursday next week - 3/26, till at least 4/3. That is 8 days.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/volvo...081245070.html

/kleks

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Good luck all. Here's hoping the best for everyone to get their new rides as quickly as possible.

I may not be waiting for my new XC60 to arrive, but my less-than-3-month-old T8 is stuck in the shop having it's hybrid battery replaced -- the replacement arrived a day early and they started work on it that afternoon and all day yesterday, with an ETA from my Service Advisor late yesterday to complete today. Since then, California went into lockdown overnight with all non-essential services and for everyone to stay home, so I'll have to see how that impacts my ability to get it back (although "transportation" is one of the critical general areas that can remain open, so perhaps the Service side of dealerships keep working, IDK.) In any case, I have a T5 loaner that isn't bad, with a full tank of gas, and I can see via VoC my T8 is locked in one of their covered service bays, behind locked gates, so if it has to remain that way for awhile, it's at least not out in the elements. (More to come on all that battery replacement stuff in my T8 Review thread once I get it back.)

IDK which is worse -- waiting and wondering about a new car to be built/shipped/delivered in these times, or have your own new ride you just fell in love with stuck in the shop and possibly not coming back very soon. At least I can commiserate with you. Stay well! Happy dreams about your new rides to come!
      Bert

Present: ‘20 XC60 T8 Inscription
      Past: ‘15 Tesla S90D; ‘14 SLK250; '13 RX450h; ‘09 335i; ‘06 RX400h; ‘02 SC430; ‘99 RX300; ‘95 SC300; ‘91 Legend...

Ours was supposed to be built April 7th. No surprise it has been pushed back.

2001 V70, 2.4T White/blond (outgoing)
      2020 XC60 T8, Inscription White/blond (incoming - sometime)

Bert,
      sorry to hear about your vehicle forced into social distancing mode. Hope it will be isolated from corona and any other viruses. Stuff happens - all we can do is to keep smiling and keep going. Life is too short to waste it on things which are out of our control.

Best, stay healthy.

/kleks

Quote Originally Posted by BertL View Post
      Good luck all. Here's hoping the best for everyone to get their new rides as quickly as possible.

I may not be waiting for my new XC60 to arrive, but my less-than-3-month-old T8 is stuck in the shop having it's hybrid battery replaced -- the replacement arrived a day early and they started work on it that afternoon and all day yesterday, with an ETA from my Service Advisor late yesterday to complete today. Since then, California went into lockdown overnight with all non-essential services and for everyone to stay home, so I'll have to see how that impacts my ability to get it back (although "transportation" is one of the critical general areas that can remain open, so perhaps the Service side of dealerships keep working, IDK.) In any case, I have a T5 loaner that isn't bad, with a full tank of gas, and I can see via VoC my T8 is locked in one of their covered service bays, behind locked gates, so if it has to remain that way for awhile, it's at least not out in the elements. (More to come on all that battery replacement stuff in my T8 Review thread once I get it back.)

IDK which is worse -- waiting and wondering about a new car to be built/shipped/delivered in these times, or have your own new ride you just fell in love with stuck in the shop and possibly not coming back very soon. At least I can commiserate with you. Stay well! Happy dreams about your new rides to come!
      Bummer to hear your T8 had to go to shop. Hopefully you will get it back soon.

Good luck to us all. Be safe!!!

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements