2016 S60 Inscription dimming side mirrors
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

2016 S60 Inscription dimming side mirrors

Does anyone know if the side mirrors on 2016 S60 dim? My wife has 2015.5 V60 with dimming side windows and mine look exactly the same (connectors from the back side are also the same).
      Looking at the brochures online I found that V60 has the dimming of exterior mirrors as an options but S60 doesn't mention this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

If you could get self-dimming rear-view mirrors they are packaged with the side view. There is a major difference in the price for the mirrors, which come with the electronics attached to the mirror and plug/clip in as normal. (Bought and is installed a UK left mirror that is curved and first one, at 1/3 price, didn’t dim.)

Don’t know if you need a software upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      KECA Kombi - Now '16 V60 T6 AWD R-Design - Just a K&N filter so far, but love the PoleStar tune.

If you have mirrors with memory you might be able to fix it by upgrading with the dimmable rear view mirror.

W/o memory side mirrors, you probably need additional door modules too.. And need to check if wiring is present. That was not the case for me.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

The thing is that I think everything is in place. I was at a dealer two weeks back with something not related and asked about this but they told me my car probably doesn't have it. I believe the mirrors dimmed and then stopped working (I have the car just 2 months) but I wasn't 100% sure to press on the dealer further.

Below is a picture of the inside. Can you confirm that I have the dimming side mirrors from this?
      Also, any fuses I should check?

Last edited by zjev; 03-24-2020 at 05:33 PM.

Yes, relevant electronics package on the right with wiring leading to it along the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      KECA Kombi - Now '16 V60 T6 AWD R-Design - Just a K&N filter so far, but love the PoleStar tune.

Hmm, so now just figure out why they don't dim or take it to dealer once corona virus is gone :-/

My 2016 S60 Inscription had the same mirror as shown in your picture until I swapped it out for the European aspheric mirror. I still have the original and it looks exactly like yours. The auto-dim feature works well with all mirrors. When I'm in my garage I can see most of the outside mirrors dim, but a small ring around the edge of the mirror will not dim. That will tell you if they are working properly.

Does your interior mirror dim? I think all of the mirrors work from the sensors located in the interior mirror assembly, but I could be wrong about that.
      Current Volvo: 2016 S60 T5 Inscription w/Platinum package
      Previous Volvos: 1993 850 GLT (sold in 2016), 1984 240 DL Diesel (sold in 1993)

The interior mirror dims when I cover the front sensor by my hand but the outside mirrors don't. I tried to look into VIDA for an activation but didn't find anything.
      The only think I can think of trying is to check for 12V in the cables behind the side mirrors.

My wife has 2015 V60 Platinum that has dimmed outside mirrors so I could theoretically swap them but I don't think it's going to be a hardware issue.

Quote Originally Posted by zjev View Post
      The interior mirror dims when I cover the front sensor by my hand but the outside mirrors don't. I tried to look into VIDA for an activation but didn't find anything.
      The only think I can think of trying is to check for 12V in the cables behind the side mirrors.

My wife has 2015 V60 Platinum that has dimmed outside mirrors so I could theoretically swap them but I don't think it's going to be a hardware issue.
      If the interior mirror was installed without the official software in VIDA your side mirrors will never get a signal on the CANbus, that the doormodules will read and process. The interior mirror will work in this case, however independent and not connected to the CEM and therefore the door modules never get the signal..

You can check this, in Sensus menu. Are you able to manage the settings light to dark for the mirror, that case the software was also loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by GruttePier View Post
      If the interior mirror was installed without the official software in VIDA your side mirrors will never get a signal on the CANbus, that the doormodules will read and process. The interior mirror will work in this case, however independent and not connected to the CEM and therefore the door modules never get the signal..

You can check this, in Sensus menu. Are you able to manage the settings light to dark for the mirror, that case the software was also loaded.
      I'm not sure if the interior mirror was replaced but the outside mirror was (from the CarFax). Maybe I can try to run identification of CANbus devices through VIDA.

I wasn't aware of such settings in Sensus. I know there is one in VIDA but not Sensus. Can you take a picture where is it? I don't have it in mine S60 and neither my wife's V60.

Thanks to everyone! I did the following in VIDA:
      - Calibrating the Climate Control Module (CCM)
      - Identifying components on the LIN network that belong to the climate control system (CCM)
      - Programming the climate control module (CCM)

and the side mirrors work! Although I'm not sure what was the problem, I'll be watching them closely in the next few weeks/months.

Nice, looks good
      Could you clarify "programming CCM"? What action did you take?

Quote Originally Posted by GruttePier View Post
      Nice, looks good
      Could you clarify "programming CCM"? What action did you take?

GruttePier, where is this from? I don't have such settings in my Sensus...

The calibrations I did are from VIDA:

Just my .2 cents, I need to pull the plug on my passenger mirror, I really don't like the autodim feature. I got the wide angle European driver's mirror (this needs to be standard on all the cars) and I can barely use my passenger mirror at night. It gets so dark headlights are tiny pinpricks and I lose all depth of field as to how far away they are. Not to mention I can't actually see anything out of it, just points of light. If it's a big truck/SUV they also cause my center mirror to over-dim. A lot of times if I need to merge right and I can't tell how far behind they actually are (I also trust BLIS to let me know if it's clear) I will shift my head and use the driver's mirror to look back behind my car. :\
      2015.5 V60 T5 Drive-E FWD Premier Plus, Black Ember, Beachwood
      INSTALLED: TDI tuning box, PowerFlex "Race" Torque Bushing, StopTech Street brake pads, 300MM Centric fully coated rotors, 235/40/R18 Yokohama Advan Sport A/S, Ebay center console organizer, Fumoto oil drain valve, Liqui Moly 0w-20 oil, IPD end links, Heico SportIV suspension
      FUTURE:

Formally Owned:
      (Totalled, not by me) 2004 S60 T5 FWD: HD Bilstein suspension, 16" BBS SR wheels, Elevate cat-back exhaust, intake, Alpine speakers, IPD rear sway bar, IPD torque mount, poly subframe bushings, all LED lights

Quote Originally Posted by thebobwiley View Post
      Just my .2 cents, I need to pull the plug on my passenger mirror, I really don't like the autodim feature. I got the wide angle European driver's mirror (this needs to be standard on all the cars) and I can barely use my passenger mirror at night. It gets so dark headlights are tiny pinpricks and I lose all depth of field as to how far away they are. Not to mention I can't actually see anything out of it, just points of light. If it's a big truck/SUV they also cause my center mirror to over-dim. A lot of times if I need to merge right and I can't tell how far behind they actually are (I also trust BLIS to let me know if it's clear) I will shift my head and use the driver's mirror to look back behind my car. :\
      I actually like the auto dim feature but I miss the conical European mirrors. Every time I'm in Europe and drive a car I get surprised how much I can see on the side.

Just something to think, did you try to unplug the connector behind the mirror? It might disable auto dim feature for you without much hassle. It also might disable heating though...

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Unplugging the white connector should not affect the heating: the heat element is powered from the two spade connectors lower down
      2009 C70 T5, Celestial Blue 130k
      2011 S60 T6 AWD Caspian Blue

19. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements