SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

@#$@#$! Back my Defender 90 into my R Looking for Hood, DS Fender and Headlight

2K views 36 replies 13 participants last post by  ZZZZZZZ 
#1 ·
Well this morning I back my Defender 90 into my R and crushed the drivers Side Headlight dented the corner of the fender and hood.

It is a Sonic Blue R. Does anyone know of a hood, fender (in Sonic Blue ....yeah right) but seriously in Sonic Blue and a drivers headlight.

I have reached out the my insurance as well so I may get a check or...to bring it to a body shop. Just weighing my options.

Thank you in advance. Hope everyone is staying safe.

#2 · (Edited)
Well this morning I back my Defender 90 into my R and crushed the drivers Side Headlight dented the corner of the fender and hood.

It is a Sonic Blue R. Does anyone know of a hood, fender (in Sonic Blue ....yeah right) but seriously in Sonic Blue and a drivers headlight.

I have reached out the my insurance as well so I may get a check or...to bring it to a body shop. Just weighing my options.

Take a deep breath. I know it means very little, but I'm sure it can be fixed, whether through insurance or finding a part. Main thing here is you hurt your car and your pride. But you nor anyone were injured in the process.

#3 ·
thank you

Take a deep breath. I know it means very little, but I'm sure it can be fixed, whether through insurance or finding a part. Main thing here is your hurt your car and your pride. But you nor anyone were injured in the process.
Yes very true. Thank you! :thumbup:

#4 ·
I put a ding in my Sonic two years ago when I was taking off an XC90 door panel next to it and still have nightmares about it, so I can only imagine your pain. So sorry!

I'd say find a part out for the parts (I think Connor from Viva still keeps some R parts on hand), and use it as an excuse the repaint and touch up the front end. Last I heard, pre painted Sonic bumpers are NLA (I haven't checked for myself though). If your headlight itself is fine other than the glass, you can buy the glass lens separately from Scandix. Hopefully your insurance will cut you a check and you'll have some money leftover after buying used parts.

:beer:

#6 ·
Thank you!. Connor's info

I have been so focused on getting the 90 back on the road after a 6.0 LS swap that my head has been in the wrong place. I will wait for insurance and reach out to Connor. I luggle Viva Volvo and found the site.

#7 ·
Thank you. My condolences to you on the KIA crunch :(.

I talked the wife into picking this one up in 2010 before having our first child, so it was a kid hauler for 7 years until we got the Honda pilot. Needless to say it has a few door dings that I cried over but there nothing you could do about those.

I just kicked myself the moment I heard the headlight explode.

#13 ·
Depending upon how minor the ding truly was (and if it could rust or was merely cosmetic), living with the ding and keeping the $5k might have made your week? But appears you opted to fix.

I know how it feels. I got a 10 inch long deep clear coat scratch in my 15.5 S60 from some A-Hole. Doesn't penetrate to the paint, but it's so deep it can't be buffed out either. Told learn to live with it or spend $800 bucks getting the panel repainted... Figured I was happier with the $800 in my pocket since it won't cause any rust...But it does piss me off on a semi regular basis when I notice it... Though as time goes on I've begrudgingly accepted the damage.

#8 ·

Did you totally destroy the headlight or just break the glass? If just the glass, look up Skandix and go on their website and order just the lens from overseas. Much cheaper than replacing the whole thing. Otherwise, contact a wrecker like Erie Vo-Vo. Same for the hood and fender- you should double-check compatibility because you might be able to use any S60/V70 hood and fender, which should make it a lot easier to source and a lot cheaper.

#11 ·
not to sound insensitive.. but pictures of the d90 please!
I just got my sonic blue hood painted because I couldn't find one :(
I may have to pick up a hood and do the same. A drunk wedding guest took out the drivers rear door about 8 years ago. we got it painted at the stealership but I think the color has always been a little off when I look at it from certain angles.
Stupid question but how do I post an image as the quick button just tells me to insert the URL and I am assuming that is for a hosted pic.

#14 ·
How did Geico stiff you? Insurance company can't screw you over unless you accept the settlement! What you should have done is find comparable prices if either vehicle was labeled as a complete loss (totaled) and countered Geico's offer. I.E. They offered you $8K on the Jeep. And similar ones with about same mileage are going for $10-12K. You show them proof and dicker on the value.

If both vehicles were repairable, but suffered any significant damage, you obtain a diminished value appraisal and include that dollar figure into the overall settlement. I.E. Jeep had severe front end damage. Jeep cost $5000 to repair. Due to damage, a diminished value appraiser finds it's dropped $2k in price. So Geico would be on the hook for $5K repair + 2K payment to you.

#12 ·
That's was a Dodge stealth 3000 with twin turbos? and 4wd.... let me look that up as I am trying to remember off the top of my head. Every now and then I see one around just a normal dodge or mits vers.

Just looked it up twin screws was that AWD as well? they were certainly a wide car. I am sorry for your loss on those.

#18 ·
Tried local junk yard and scored a perfect white 2002 V70XC hood for $65. Painted by body shop and color matched pretty good. It was the cheapest route for me.

Oo, mine got big dent right in the middle when big truck ran over several big Bob Barricades that flew all over and one landed on my hood. With chaos that followed after the incident, I considered I was lucky only my hood got damage. We were on I 95 and everyone were driving at least 75 mph on the morning rush hour.

Reflection Automotive exterior Geological phenomenon Vehicle Asphalt

View attachment 59873

#31 ·

This is all the way in Georgia, but no paint and headlights all in one.

https://www.copart.com/lot/31337300

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.