@#$@#$! Back my Defender 90 into my R Looking for Hood, DS Fender and Headlight
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry @#[email protected]#$! Back my Defender 90 into my R Looking for Hood, DS Fender and Headlight

Well this morning I back my Defender 90 into my R and crushed the drivers Side Headlight dented the corner of the fender and hood.

It is a Sonic Blue R. Does anyone know of a hood, fender (in Sonic Blue ....yeah right) but seriously in Sonic Blue and a drivers headlight.

I have reached out the my insurance as well so I may get a check or...to bring it to a body shop. Just weighing my options.

Thank you in advance. Hope everyone is staying safe.
      07 Sonic Blue R 6sp/with Atacama interior. Elevate download and 3.5 dp; IPD intercooler.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Blur60 View Post
      Well this morning I back my Defender 90 into my R and crushed the drivers Side Headlight dented the corner of the fender and hood.

It is a Sonic Blue R. Does anyone know of a hood, fender (in Sonic Blue ....yeah right) but seriously in Sonic Blue and a drivers headlight.

I have reached out the my insurance as well so I may get a check or...to bring it to a body shop. Just weighing my options.

Take a deep breath. I know it means very little, but I'm sure it can be fixed, whether through insurance or finding a part. Main thing here is you hurt your car and your pride. But you nor anyone were injured in the process.
      Last edited by MyVolvoS60; 03-27-2020 at 02:26 PM.

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by MyVolvoS60 View Post
      Take a deep breath. I know it means very little, but I'm sure it can be fixed, whether through insurance or finding a part. Main thing here is your hurt your car and your pride. But you nor anyone were injured in the process.
      Yes very true. Thank you!
      07 Sonic Blue R 6sp/with Atacama interior. Elevate download and 3.5 dp; IPD intercooler.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I put a ding in my Sonic two years ago when I was taking off an XC90 door panel next to it and still have nightmares about it, so I can only imagine your pain. So sorry!

I'd say find a part out for the parts (I think Connor from Viva still keeps some R parts on hand), and use it as an excuse the repaint and touch up the front end. Last I heard, pre painted Sonic bumpers are NLA (I haven't checked for myself though). If your headlight itself is fine other than the glass, you can buy the glass lens separately from Scandix. Hopefully your insurance will cut you a check and you'll have some money leftover after buying used parts.

2006 S60R MT Sonic Blue with Atacama - Garage Queen
      2008 XC90 V8 Sport Passion Red with Off Black - Hers
      2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI MT, 2001 Jeep Wrangler 4.0L MT 60th Anniversary Edition
      Previously: 2010 S80 V8, 2006 V70R MT, 2004 S60R MT, 1993 245 NA, 2006 XC90 V8, 2002 Dakota V8 MT

This is why I got rid of my Discovery, they can't be trusted.

Sorry, my condolences.

I'm sure insurance will cover it, but what a pain. I recently got backed into in a parking lot. 2016 Kia Sorrento SXL, small ding and had to do the whole rear hatch to the tune of 5k.

Thank you!. Connor's info

Quote Originally Posted by esmith813 View Post
      I put a ding in my Sonic two years ago when I was taking off an XC90 door panel next to it and still have nightmares about it, so I can only imagine your pain. So sorry!

I'd say find a part out for the parts (I think Connor from Viva still keeps some R parts on hand), and use it as an excuse the repaint and touch up the front end. Last I heard, pre painted Sonic bumpers are NLA (I haven't checked for myself though). If your headlight itself is fine other than the glass, you can buy the glass lens separately from Scandix. Hopefully your insurance will cut you a check and you'll have some money leftover after buying used parts.

I have been so focused on getting the 90 back on the road after a 6.0 LS swap that my head has been in the wrong place. I will wait for insurance and reach out to Connor. I luggle Viva Volvo and found the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodtheviking View Post

Sorry, my condolences.

I'm sure insurance will cover it, but what a pain. I recently got backed into in a parking lot. 2016 Kia Sorrento SXL, small ding and had to do the whole rear hatch to the tune of 5k.
      Thank you. My condolences to you on the KIA crunch .

I talked the wife into picking this one up in 2010 before having our first child, so it was a kid hauler for 7 years until we got the Honda pilot. Needless to say it has a few door dings that I cried over but there nothing you could do about those.

I just kicked myself the moment I heard the headlight explode.

Did you totally destroy the headlight or just break the glass? If just the glass, look up Skandix and go on their website and order just the lens from overseas. Much cheaper than replacing the whole thing. Otherwise, contact a wrecker like Erie Vo-Vo. Same for the hood and fender- you should double-check compatibility because you might be able to use any S60/V70 hood and fender, which should make it a lot easier to source and a lot cheaper.

not to sound insensitive.. but pictures of the d90 please!

I just got my sonic blue hood painted because I couldn't find one

If it helps, someone stole my old Jeep, backed it into my old 3000GT VR-4, and then wrapped my Jeep around a telephone pole. And then Geico stiffed me on the insurance claim.
      04 V70R, 05 M3, 92 Stealth TT, 94 Stealth TT soon to be single T

Quote Originally Posted by Julien View Post
      I may have to pick up a hood and do the same. A drunk wedding guest took out the drivers rear door about 8 years ago. we got it painted at the stealership but I think the color has always been a little off when I look at it from certain angles.
      Stupid question but how do I post an image as the quick button just tells me to insert the URL and I am assuming that is for a hosted pic.

That's was a Dodge stealth 3000 with twin turbos? and 4wd.... let me look that up as I am trying to remember off the top of my head. Every now and then I see one around just a normal dodge or mits vers.

Just looked it up twin screws was that AWD as well? they were certainly a wide car. I am sorry for your loss on those.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodtheviking View Post

Sorry, my condolences.

Depending upon how minor the ding truly was (and if it could rust or was merely cosmetic), living with the ding and keeping the $5k might have made your week? But appears you opted to fix.

I know how it feels. I got a 10 inch long deep clear coat scratch in my 15.5 S60 from some A-Hole. Doesn't penetrate to the paint, but it's so deep it can't be buffed out either. Told learn to live with it or spend $800 bucks getting the panel repainted... Figured I was happier with the $800 in my pocket since it won't cause any rust...But it does piss me off on a semi regular basis when I notice it... Though as time goes on I've begrudgingly accepted the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by lawdogg View Post
      If it helps, someone stole my old Jeep, backed it into my old 3000GT VR-4, and then wrapped my Jeep around a telephone pole. And then Geico stiffed me on the insurance claim.
      How did Geico stiff you? Insurance company can't screw you over unless you accept the settlement! What you should have done is find comparable prices if either vehicle was labeled as a complete loss (totaled) and countered Geico's offer. I.E. They offered you $8K on the Jeep. And similar ones with about same mileage are going for $10-12K. You show them proof and dicker on the value.

If both vehicles were repairable, but suffered any significant damage, you obtain a diminished value appraisal and include that dollar figure into the overall settlement. I.E. Jeep had severe front end damage. Jeep cost $5000 to repair. Due to damage, a diminished value appraiser finds it's dropped $2k in price. So Geico would be on the hook for $5K repair + 2K payment to you.

I may have to pick up a hood and do the same. A drunk wedding guest took out the drivers rear door about 8 years ago. we got it painted at the stealership but I think the color has always been a little off when I look at it from certain angles.
      Stupid question but how do I post an image as the quick button just tells me to insert the URL and I am assuming that is for a hosted pic.
      Forum sucks about inserting actual picture now unless you provide a link. However, here is how you send to the forum. Otherwise, upload to a site like https://imgbb.com/. Select the HTML FULL LINK from the embedded codes drop down menu. Copy and paste the code directly into the response

Attachment 59859

Attached Images Attached Images
      Last edited by MyVolvoS60; 03-27-2020 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Julien View Post

haha, I was thinking the same thing. I got a TJ wrangler recently and am shocked at how much fun I'm having with it. A Defender is definitely on my list.
      2015 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI MT, 2001 Jeep Wrangler 4.0L MT 60th Anniversary Edition
      Previously: 2010 S80 V8, 2006 V70R MT, 2004 S60R MT, 1993 245 NA, 2006 XC90 V8, 2002 Dakota V8 MT

How did Geico stiff you? Insurance company can't screw you over unless you accept the settlement! What you should have done is find comparable prices if either vehicle was labeled as a complete loss (totaled) and countered Geico's offer. I.E. They offered you $8K on the Jeep. And similar ones with about same mileage are going for $10-12K. You show them proof and dicker on the value.

If both vehicles were repairable, but suffered any significant damage, you obtain a diminished value appraisal and include that dollar figure into the overall settlement. I.E. Jeep had severe front end damage. Jeep cost $5000 to repair. Due to damage, a diminished value appraiser finds it's dropped $2k in price. So Geico would be on the hook for $5K repair + 2K payment to you.
      It wasn't the vehicle damage, it was the telephone pole. Apparently telephone poles cost $10k+ each. And Geico refused to cover it unless I admitted fault for everything that happened, so they could put it into their system as a total "at fault" claim which made my rate increase by a ton. A little more complicated than "stiffed me". They did eventually pay out on the Jeep and the VR-4 damage, but then jacked my rate way up, and I switched to Progressive.

Tried local junk yard and scored a perfect white 2002 V70XC hood for $65. Painted by body shop and color matched pretty good. It was the cheapest route for me.

Oo, mine got big dent right in the middle when big truck ran over several big Bob Barricades that flew all over and one landed on my hood. With chaos that followed after the incident, I considered I was lucky only my hood got damage. We were on I 95 and everyone were driving at least 75 mph on the morning rush hour.

F59AA547-0A55-4AB2-8D89-B7C4B72655C4.jpg

Attachment 59873
      Grey 2004 S60R Atacama MT
      Grey 2004 V70R Gobi GT
      Blue 2006 V70R Gobi GT

It wasn't the vehicle damage, it was the telephone pole. Apparently telephone poles cost $10k+ each. And Geico refused to cover it unless I admitted fault for everything that happened, so they could put it into their system as a total "at fault" claim which made my rate increase by a ton. A little more complicated than "stiffed me". They did eventually pay out on the Jeep and the VR-4 damage, but then jacked my rate way up, and I switched to Progressive.
      Maybe I have trouble following along, but something isn't meshing up.

1. Your car was stolen, and whomever stole it backed into your 3000GT VR-4.

2. I presume you filed a police report if the car was indeed stolen, and simply not taken by a family member / friend without permission who then joyrided into your car and a telephone poll.

3. So "admitting fault" doesn't add up. Geico could not assign fault if you legitimately filed a police report and someone had driven off with your car causing 10K damage to telephone poll + damage to the 3000GT VR-4 + damage to the jeep. This would most likely fall under comprehensive since the acts you described were no fault of your own.

Unless of course it was family member / friend and you didn't file a police report....OR you let Geico dictate without telling them to go to hell and reminding them your car was stolen, police report in hand, and sent over to the adjuster.

Message these guys, ask about the parts. They have tons of R's.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-Volvo-...QAAOSwyTtcLm0Y
      06R Custom Electric Blue Silver
      07R Magic Blue - Sold
      04 Bonatti Gray Rover Disco HSE
      09 Iridium Silver SLK55 AMG P30 Edition

Maybe I have trouble following along, but something isn't meshing up.
      No **** sherlock. Thus - Geico stiffed me.

No **** sherlock. Thus - Geico stiffed me.
      You didn't answer the question....Was the person who took your car a family member / friend and you didn't file a police report? Otherwise, if it was a complete stranger, then you're the sucker who let the insurance company screw you. With police report in hand, the claim would most likely fall under comprehensive. Admitting fault to a theft is like you taking the blame because your neighbor is robbing houses.

So again.... something isn't adding up.

You didn't answer the question....Was the person who took your car a family member / friend and you didn't file a police report? Otherwise, if it was a complete stranger, then you're the sucker who let the insurance company screw you. With police report in hand, the claim would most likely fall under comprehensive. Admitting fault to a theft is like you taking the blame because your neighbor is robbing houses.

So again.... something isn't adding up.
      Again ... no **** sherlock. A report was absolutely filed, the police were absolutely involved, and Geico absolutely is a steaming pile of ****. The ****er was drunk too and blew 3x the legal limit. It made the local paper.

What's with the argument? Do you work for Geico? It's my fault for letting my insurance company screw me? Is this how you make friends?

Edit: Don't mean to be obviously I'm still not happy about it! Life goes on! Learn from my mistakes!
      Last edited by lawdogg; 03-28-2020 at 10:25 AM.

Eric - I'm jealous of the sonic, the VW Wagon, the XC90 and now you have a TJ too? Much want to play with for summer.
      haha, I was thinking the same thing. I got a TJ wrangler recently and am shocked at how much fun I'm having with it. A Defender is definitely on my list.
      "The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

Refusal to cover a claim that should be covered according to the language of your policy is de facto bad faith, which would make it a very costly mistake for them (GEICO). You should have sued GEICO. A friend of mine litigated a $400 auto claim that cost the insurance about $8MM due to bad faith, including the cost of the plaintiff's legal fees, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanerPA View Post
      Refusal to cover a claim that should be covered according to the language of your policy is de facto bad faith, which would make it a very costly mistake for them (GEICO). You should have sued GEICO. A friend of mine litigated a $400 auto claim that cost the insurance about $8MM due to bad faith, including the cost of the plaintiff's legal fees, etc.
      Yeah. Was the second time Geico had acted in bad faith. The first time, it was hail damage on my VR-4, they refused to let a third party adjuster look at it, and then refused to show me the language of my policy, telling me my insurance contract was "proprietary". I had no money and had just graduated from college, what was I going to do. First time shame on them, second time shame on me?

Anyway thanks for the tips guys - myself 15 years ago would have welcomed the advice - hopefully useful to you, Blur60. Hopefully we can all learn from the **** we each individually have gone through before.

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      Eric - I'm jealous of the sonic, the VW Wagon, the XC90 and now you have a TJ too? Much want to play with for summer.
      Definitely dying for the warm up to hit Northeast PA!

Again ... no **** sherlock. A report was absolutely filed, the police were absolutely involved, and Geico absolutely is a steaming pile of ****. The ****er was drunk too and blew 3x the legal limit. It made the local paper.

What's with the argument? Do you work for Geico? It's my fault for letting my insurance company screw me? Is this how you make friends?

Edit: Don't mean to be obviously I'm still not happy about it! Life goes on! Learn from my mistakes!
      Don't work for Geico. I was just trying to wrap my head around the situation and it sounds like they bamboozled you. Insurance companies are slimy and I had Geico try to pull a fast one on me. It didn't work.

Kid rear ended my car. Caught on Dash Camera. I contacted Geico (his carrier) and the agent tried to tell me they weren't responsible because the kid was using his car for "Business Purposes". Um OK, take that up with him if true, and not my problem. I laughed and said I've got something to share with you. What's your email. Sent adjuster the video and 15 minutes later, Uh O Um... We suddenly clarified and we determined it was not your fault...

They then tried their infamous "How You Feeling", we need your "Medical Records". I shut them down saying I've got nothing more to discuss. Talk to my attorney...

Moral of the story is never let the insurance company dictate or bully. It's their job to mitigate shareholders' losses. Meaning once you file a claim, even against your own insurer, you are now the adversarial party trying to take money out of their pockets. Ergo, The insurance company no longer represents your best interests.

Food for thought.
      Last edited by MyVolvoS60; 03-29-2020 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanerPA View Post
      Yep. Which is why I asked him about filing a police report or if the person was friend / family he was covering for. Geico definitely acted in bad faith, but lawdogg acquiesced, and admitted fault. Had he gotten a lawyer, law dog would have Geico crying.

I got a TJ wrangler recently and am shocked at how much fun I'm having with it.
      Had mine since '02 and it's been a blast.

wrangler_air_adjusted_800x600.jpg
      2006 V70R MT
      Sonic Blue / Gobi

This is all the way in Georgia, but no paint and headlights all in one.

https://www.copart.com/lot/31337300
      Current - 2000 V70R Venetian Red Pearl
      Past - 1998 V70 XC Emerald Green Metallic
      RIP - 1987 Mazda RX-7 White/Red (first car, many speeding tickets, blown rotary engine)

2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      I wants to keep the Sonics as nice as possible.
      Current - 2000 V70R Venetian Red Pearl
      Past - 1998 V70 XC Emerald Green Metallic
      RIP - 1987 Mazda RX-7 White/Red (first car, many speeding tickets, blown rotary engine)

This is how I imagine you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago_Wagon View Post
      I wants to keep the Sonics as nice as possible.

it doesn’t get any quirkier than this, folks

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast