stimulus and your volvo 850?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

stimulus and your volvo 850?

Hope all of you are doing good. Apparently will will be receiving a check in the mail soon. If you are going to put some or all of the money into your car it would be nice to see what specifically you are going to buy..
      On a side note I just purchased some blue injectors from Ebay the other day. I found out the person I bought the injectors from is located in China I'm honestly not comfortable installing these as I have seen a video on fake Bosch injectors being flow tested..yeah I know I should have researched this before I bought them. After I figure this out I am going to have a mechanic friend check out my front suspension and then maybe convert to the 302mm rotors..

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Lol well if you don't end up using those injectors, let me know, I have a bunch of blues I can send ya.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
      2004 Volvo S60R - SOLD - Elevate Body Kit, Tune, Downpipe and Exhaust, Snabb Intake.
      1997 Volvo 850R - 130K - 16t Angled, R Manifold, Maximizer OBX Downpipe and Exhaust, Snabb Intake, Snabb FMIC, Blue Injectors, Beust/Vast Tune, 302mm BBK, CherryTurbo Strutbrace, Do88 Silicone Hoses (All), Koni Sports Front & Rear, IPS Sways, H&R Springs, H&R rear 20mm spacers, Nokian zLine A/S 215/45/17. (Soon to be installed: S90 MAF, Quaife LSD, 7+7 hybrid K24, DW 900cc Injectors, DW200 Pump, e85. Then I'm done, I promise. Maybe.)

Thanks Nick I will let you know.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I could use some of that stimulus money to repair my front bumper.

Also, side note. Some guy just told me he hopes I didn't pay too much for my 97 850R because apparently the R models never came in white.

2004 Volvo S60R - SOLD - Elevate Body Kit, Tune, Downpipe and Exhaust, Snabb Intake.
      1997 Volvo 850R - 130K - 16t Angled, R Manifold, Maximizer OBX Downpipe and Exhaust, Snabb Intake, Snabb FMIC, Blue Injectors, Beust/Vast Tune, 302mm BBK, CherryTurbo Strutbrace, Do88 Silicone Hoses (All), Koni Sports Front & Rear, IPS Sways, H&R Springs, H&R rear 20mm spacers, Nokian zLine A/S 215/45/17. (Soon to be installed: S90 MAF, Quaife LSD, 7+7 hybrid K24, DW 900cc Injectors, DW200 Pump, e85. Then I'm done, I promise. Maybe.)

Frankly, putting the money into car upgrades during this crisis is frivolous and wasteful.

There are real families undergoing real suffering. If you find yourself in the fortunate position of enough expendable income to put into car parts, you probably do not necessary have immediate needs.

Do something honorable like buy groceries and basic commodities for Convenant House or the employees of a local service based enterprise that has been shut down. Reach out to a local house of worship and find out what families need a sponsor.
      Stop by a retirement community, day care, or animal shelter and ask if they need have a need for supplies or donations.

There is a lot of pain out there. Use this money wisely.
      2009 XC90 3.2 AWD l Oyster Grey / Bi-Xenon / Dynaudio / BLIS / VNS / RSE / THULE Aeroblade

Valid advice.

100%

Quote Originally Posted by nick_rabbo View Post
      Valid advice.

Yes help our family friends and neighbors thats the most important thing. Sometimes doing something on the car takes my mind off the the crazyness of life and it is usually just small stuff..a mental break should not be a financial one.

I could use some of that stimulus money to repair my front bumper.

Also, side note. Some guy just told me he hopes I didn't pay too much for my 97 850R because apparently the R models never came in white.

ahahahahahaha
      2003 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - M56LK - 205k - K24/Greens/Do88/Quaife/SMF/P2R Clutch/DW300C/H&R/Bilstein TC/316mm & 308mm Brakes - SteveO Tuned
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/R Graphite & Alcantara - AW42 - 299k - Daily/Work Wagon
      1999 V70 T5 - Nautic/R Graphite & Alcantara - M56H - 177k - Rescued
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite - M56H - 119k - Garage Queen
      2000 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 243k - Moms Unicorn
      2000 S70 GLT SE- Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 218k - Sisters

Um, guess my R is imaginary? lol.
      In the Garage
      Viveka / 1996 850 N/A, Polar White + Oak / 135,1xx /
      Blixt / 1996 850 R, Polar White + Charcoal / 220,2xx /

I want to redo the entire suspension on my 850R after I figure out why the battery drains after 2 days. Is this kit (https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vol...em-850kit10fr2) worth the money for third world-quality New England roads?

I won't be getting a check. Since I am not in that range now and business is picking up, for one of my wife's and I companies.
      But I have been working on my 850 to reduce my time out and about. And it looks like I will be doing my head gasket soon. I have tried everything to stop the coolant issues. Replace rad, ect sensor, fan and res bottle and green cap. They all needed to be replaced anyways with the age of the vehicle but it seems like a small amount of exhaust gasses are getting pass the gasket. Haven't got to rent a pressure tester yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydiesel View Post
      I won't be getting a check. Since I am not in that range now and business is picking up, for one of my wife's and I companies.
      But I have been working on my 850 to reduce my time out and about. And it looks like I will be doing my head gasket soon. I have tried everything to stop the coolant issues. Replace rad, ect sensor, fan and res bottle and green cap. They all needed to be replaced anyways with the age of the vehicle but it seems like a small amount of exhaust gasses are getting pass the gasket. Haven't got to rent a pressure tester yet.
      Those pressure testers are pretty cool. Used one the other day and found where some coolant was leaking, at the connection through the firewall for the heater hoses.

See if you can rent a block tester too. You stick it in the coolant tank and the fluid in the tester turns a different color if it detects exhaust gases.

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredR View Post
      I want to redo the entire suspension on my 850R after I figure out why the battery drains after 2 days. Is this kit (https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vol...em-850kit10fr2) worth the money for third world-quality New England roads?
      You don’t quite need everything in that. There’s certain parts that should be sourced from other models and extraneous hardware that’s unnecessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2003 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - M56LK - 205k - K24/Greens/Do88/Quaife/SMF/P2R Clutch/DW300C/H&R/Bilstein TC/316mm & 308mm Brakes - SteveO Tuned
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/R Graphite & Alcantara - AW42 - 299k - Daily/Work Wagon
      1999 V70 T5 - Nautic/R Graphite & Alcantara - M56H - 177k - Rescued
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite - M56H - 119k - Garage Queen
      2000 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 243k - Moms Unicorn
      2000 S70 GLT SE- Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 218k - Sisters

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDancer View Post
      Frankly, putting the money into car upgrades during this crisis is frivolous and wasteful.

There are real families undergoing real suffering. If you find yourself in the fortunate position of enough expendable income to put into car parts, you probably do not necessary have immediate needs.

Do something honorable like buy groceries and basic commodities for Convenant House or the employees of a local service based enterprise that has been shut down. Reach out to a local house of worship and find out what families need a sponsor.
      Stop by a retirement community, day care, or animal shelter and ask if they need have a need for supplies or donations.

There is a lot of pain out there. Use this money wisely.
      Not to disagree with you, but wouldn't purchasing parts and services from Volvo suppliers whose incomes are way down also be laudable?
      1998 V70 T5m @200k miles; 18t, turboback, Quaife LSD, Koni FSD/Eibach, IPD sways, DO88 I/C, SNAAB intake, ARD Blue, greens, etc., 50% E85
      1995 850 Turbo Sold at @168k miles.
      2004 V70R 6mt SOLD in 2008

I would agree. And would add that during these crazy and very stressful times I would not pick on someone who wants to work on their car. Or house. Or yard. Or hobby. Or anything else that helps with your emotional / mental health. We all react and find different ways of dealing with stress. After all it's not like he's throwing a house party. So if working or giving to a charity does it for you then by all means do it. Safely of course. But maybe let others deal with this in their own personal way as well. I for one am hoping that when we all get through this, that we will have a little more empathy for one another than we have had before.

Whatever keeps your entertained AT HOME is what you should be doing.

OP: Definitely get the 302s. Use ATE pads. NO CERAMIC PADS! they defeat the point of the upgrade. Definitely don't get the FCP kits because they come with a ton of stupid stuff you never need.
      1995 850 T-5R Estate. AW50-42LE. Cream Yellow/Graphite. 297k.
      1997 850R Estate. B5234T9/M66D. Bright Red/Graphite. 270k.
      2007 S60 T5. M66W. Black Sapphire/Arena. 140k.
      Instagram: Jared's Volvo Page

Past: |1997 855R. Bright Red/Light Beige. AW50-42LE. Totaled by wayward construction equipment. || 1996 854R. Black Stone/Graphite. AW50-42LE. Parts car || 1995 854 TURBO. Polar White/Tan. AW50-42LE. Parts car. |
      Dad: 1997 V70 T5 SE. AW50-42LE. Frost Green/Oak. 212k.Mom: NEW! 1999 S70 GLT Pewter/Oak. 101k. Past: 2004 V70 NA. AW55-50SN Ruby Red/Tan 269k. Sold to markj

Thanks Jared

Quote Originally Posted by JaredR View Post
      Whatever keeps your entertained AT HOME is what you should be doing.

OP: Definitely get the 302s. Use ATE pads. NO CERAMIC PADS! they defeat the point of the upgrade. Definitely don't get the FCP kits because they come with a ton of stupid stuff you never need.
      I will go with your advice on the pads and ask you more questions on the other parts of the swap. First though I'm going to send these ebay injectors back and get some real blue ones. I've been working almost every day so working on the car is gonna be a when I get some time sort of thing.

Update: Thanks to nick_rabbo sending me some nice stock blue top injectors, the wagon is smoother and overall feel is much better. The injectors were easy to install btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Bens850r View Post
      Update: Thanks to nick_rabbo sending me some nice stock blue top injectors, the wagon is smoother and overall feel is much better. The injectors were easy to install btw.

22. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements