Help: looking for info re: Volvo or Stealth trailer hitch
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Help: looking for info re: Volvo or Stealth trailer hitch

I'm looking for comments and pictures from anyone who has either the Volvo or Stealth hitch installed on their V60 or V60 CC. In particular, I'm interested in the receiver size and depth, ball size, pictures underneath the car of the unit stowed and pictures from the rear with the hitch deployed, and any commentary you can provide regarding installation, use, etc. Any and all help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.
      2020 V60 Cross Country | Advanced, Luxury, CC Pro packages

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Everything you're looking for in this recent thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...-Trailer-hitch
      Future: 2021 V90 CC (OSD)
      Current: 2017 Subaru Outback Touring
      Previous: 2005 Volvo V70R
      1971 Triumph Tiger 650 (OSD)

Yes ... I've seen this thread. I'm really looking for pictures of actual installations.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 97redz3 View Post
      Yes ... I've seen this thread. I'm really looking for pictures of actual installations.
      You won’t see anything on one that is installed is in the bumper.

If you got exact info needed I’ll try to get it from my car tomorrow
      2020 V60 CC

Quote Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
      You won’t see anything on one that is installed is in the bumper.

If you got exact info needed I’ll try to get it from my car tomorrow
      Thanks. I'm trying to verify if the receiver is a 2" square receiver or 1 1/4". Also trying to verify the total inside depth (front to back) of the receiver for an existing bike rack I own and how it might line up with the hitch pin hole. So ... I'm looking for the measurement from the inside front edge of the receiver to the inside backstop ... whatever that might be ... and how far the hitch pin hole is from both the front edge and the backstop. Also trying to verify the ball diameter if you have the tow bar. Regarding pics, I've seen the picture you posted some time ago of the unit retracted, but would love to see one with the hitch fully deployed. I know that's a lot to ask ... anything you could do would be helpful.

Finally, if you have towed a trailer, I'm curious how the active software works. Does it display any trailer status messages on the dash, or have you had any experience with the car's stability control interacting with the trailer, etc.
      Last edited by 97redz3; 03-29-2020 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 97redz3 View Post
      Thanks. I'm trying to verify if the receiver is a 2" square receiver or 1 1/4". Also trying to verify the total inside depth (front to back) of the receiver for an existing bike rack I own and how it might line up with the hitch pin hole. So ... I'm looking for the measurement from the inside front edge of the receiver to the inside backstop ... whatever that might be ... and how far the hitch pin hole is from both the front edge and the backstop. Also trying to verify the ball diameter if you have the tow bar.

Specs you are looking for can be found here including the depth of the receiver -->. https://accessories.volvocars.com/en...CC-516544/2020

I have the Stealth Hitch on my V60 and the Invisi-hitch on my wife's XC90. You can select either a 2" or 1 1/4" square receiver when you order. I only have the bike rack option so don't know on the ball size but I do believe you can select from different ball sizes as well.

I use a 1Up rack so can't comment on the hitch pin hole. The square receiver is approximately 7" from the front edge to where it connects to the bumper. The hitch pin is 2.75" from the front edge to the center of the hole. The receiver itself does not extend very far from the bumper.

Sorry don't know how to attach pics but hope that helps.
      (Hers) 2017 XC90 T6 R-Design | Passion Red | Convenience | Vision | Climate with Heated Windshield | Carbon Fiber | Nappa Leather | Black Headliner |
      (His) 2020 V60 T6 R-Design | Bursting Blue | Premium | Premium Plus (HUD) |

Thanks Thorin33 ... very helpful. Is the Stealth as easy as it looks to connect/discconect the receiver? Is balance of the hitch completely out of sight when the receiver is disconnected?

Quote Originally Posted by thorin33 View Post
      I have the Stealth Hitch on my V60 and the Invisi-hitch on my wife's XC90. You can select either a 2" or 1 1/4" square receiver when you order. I only have the bike rack option so don't know on the ball size but I do believe you can select from different ball sizes as well.

I use a 1Up rack so can't comment on the hitch pin hole. The square receiver is approximately 7" from the front edge to where it connects to the bumper. The hitch pin is 2.75" from the front edge to the center of the hole. The receiver itself does not extend very far from the bumper.

Sorry don't know how to attach pics but hope that helps.

It is very easy to put on and off. When the receiver is not attached you would not be able to see any sign of the hitch.
      (Hers) 2017 XC90 T6 R-Design | Passion Red | Convenience | Vision | Climate with Heated Windshield | Carbon Fiber | Nappa Leather | Black Headliner |

thorin - forgot to ask - did you do the install yourself or have it done? If DIY, how difficult?

I installed our Invisihitch on our XC90 myself but had an installer do it for my V60. I had help from a friend who owns a body shop though. For my V60 Stealth Hitch had an authorized installer where I live and the cost wasn't too bad so that is why I had it installed.

14. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements