In for 30k maintenance chk this out
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

She's a looker

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
      2018 XC60 T5 Momentum AWD/Osmium Grey Metallic/Charcoal Leather/B&W Audio/ACC-PA2 (OSD)
      2011.5 XC60 3.2 AWD/Saville Grey Metallic/Anthracite Black Leather/Premium/Climate/BLIS/Rear Cam/

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I would have asked if that’s my loaner for the day
      2019 Bursting Blue XC60 R-Design T8
      | 21" Wheels | Exterior Style Kit | Advanced | 4C Air | B & W | CPO 10yr/Unlimited |
      2010 Maple Red XC60 T6 retired at 173,375 miles

Steingold Volvo 1971 Volvo P1800E Sport...For the low low price of 1 Million Dollars!

https://www.steingold.com/used/Volvo...ae95d006b9.htm

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MyVolvoS60 View Post
      Steingold Volvo 1971 Volvo P1800E Sport...For the low low price of 1 Million Dollars!

https://www.steingold.com/used/Volvo...ae95d006b9.htm

A really good joke, the Volvo P1800 for $ 1 million

Price from $30k to $50k

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...le/volvo/1800e

https://classiccars.com/listings/fin...s/volvo/p1800e

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/h...e-coupe/694361

Even better, one in good condition can be had for well under $20,000. Sure, last year in Scottsdale, Gooding & Co. sold a 1967 P1800 for $77,000, the highest-ever price paid for a standard P1800 at auction. And in September 2014, Bonhams sold a 1973 1800ES, a late variant of the 1800 line, for $92,000, the world record sale for any Volvo. Still, you can get proper, restoration-ready examples of the model for as low as $6,000 and $9,000.
      https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-and-substance
      Last edited by BigBang; 03-30-2020 at 02:27 PM.
      2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

ooo that's pretty.

That said, is the dealership still charging for cokes and stuff? Srsly? In 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBang View Post

A really good joke, the Volvo P1800 for $ 1 million

Price from $30k to $50k
      I think the price is satirical. They have it listed as a "Show Car" with zero intent on ever selling the vehicle. So they listed an unrealistic price tag of 1 Million Dollars.....

ndbb96k.jpg

I think the price is satirical. They have it listed as a "Show Car" with zero intent on ever selling the vehicle. So they listed an unrealistic price tag of 1 Million Dollars.....
      Right. It says as much - "Note: This vehicle is NOT for sale as it has been restored for display purposes only."

Why the price? Might be satirical but I'm not sure. Might be a reading comprehension thing. Might be just to get people talking.

Cool car!
      2001 V70, 2.4T White/blond (outgoing)
      2020 XC60 T8, Inscription White/blond (incoming - sometime)

Quote Originally Posted by Catfiend View Post
      Right. It says as much - "Note: This vehicle is NOT for sale as it has been restored for display purposes only."

Why the price? Might be satirical but I'm not sure. Might be a reading comprehension thing. Might be just to get people talking.

Cool car!
      I'm sure if someone wants to come in and offer Steingold 1 million dollars on a vehicle valued at $25000-35000, the car will find a new home! Thus the satirical nature of the price tag, since they aren't actually selling the vehicle, and don't believe any discerning buyer would truly offer a million bucks. Unless of course the car was being auctioned off for some major charity event.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyc View Post
      ooo that's pretty.

That said, is the dealership still charging for cokes and stuff? Srsly? In 2020?
      Hah! Not every dealer is a high flyer. Cookies, water, and granola bars are about the most I've seen at the dealers I've visited.

The satirical price would be that he wrote $200k

$1 million is stupid and ridiculous, for a car that is used as "show car" no need to write the price
      2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

They do in fact have free Wi-Fi, Starbucks coffee, bottled water and cookies.

2018 XC60 T5 Momentum AWD/Osmium Grey Metallic/Charcoal Leather/B&W Audio/ACC-PA2 (OSD)
      2011.5 XC60 3.2 AWD/Saville Grey Metallic/Anthracite Black Leather/Premium/Climate/BLIS/Rear Cam/

That P1800 is a beauty, thanks for posting.
      Rapid Rick...I roll
      2008 C30 Matt Pearl Gold OSD-customized w/Elevate tune
      2015 V60 Seashell Metallic w/Platinum, BLIS, wood

You say that a satirical price would be that.
      A friend of mine restored one of the first Land Cruisers ever. A car that in pristine condition was worth like 20.000 max.
      He bought it for 500eur if I'm not mistaken and gave around 15k for parts. He did a great job, I must say, and I do have somewhere a picture I may upload, if anyone is interested.
      At a car show, he showcased it and a guy went ahead and asked him if it were for sale. He said "...sure for 50 grand its yours"
      So the potential client wrote a cheque right in front of him and said, "Here you go".
      My friend was mind blown, but came to his senses, first in his head (the time and effort given to that vehicle vs a cheque 50.000, the cheque may bounce etc) eventually stating that the car is not for sale and that he was just kidding.
      Current: 2020 Volvo XC60 R-Design, 2018 Volvo XC40 R-Design
      Previous: 2009 Volvo C70, 2006 Volvo XC60, 2003 Saab 9-5, 1999 Mitsubishi FTO, 1998 Land Rover Freelander, 1995 Suzuki Swift Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by stocis View Post
      You say that a satirical price would be that.
      A friend of mine restored one of the first Land Cruisers ever. A car that in pristine condition was worth like 20.000 max.
      He bought it for 500eur if I'm not mistaken and gave around 15k for parts. He did a great job, I must say, and I do have somewhere a picture I may upload, if anyone is interested.
      At a car show, he showcased it and a guy went ahead and asked him if it were for sale. He said "...sure for 50 grand its yours"
      So the potential client wrote a cheque right in front of him and said, "Here you go".
      My friend was mind blown, but came to his senses, first in his head (the time and effort given to that vehicle vs a cheque 50.000, the cheque may bounce etc) eventually stating that the car is not for sale and that he was just kidding.
      $50,000 is a lost different than a car valued at $20-$30K going for 1 million...

$50,000 is a lost different than a car valued at $20-$30K going for 1 million...
      bigbang said a satirical price would be 200k. anyway my point was that whatever it is and whatever its price tag, there's always someone that may value it for more.
      Current: 2020 Volvo XC60 R-Design, 2018 Volvo XC40 R-Design
      Previous: 2009 Volvo C70, 2006 Volvo XC60, 2003 Saab 9-5, 1999 Mitsubishi FTO, 1998 Land Rover Freelander, 1995 Suzuki Swift Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Putertech View Post
      They do in fact have free Wi-Fi, Starbucks coffee, bottled water and cookies.

Nice. I’m just playing, I haven’t seen one local dealership offer cokes either. Anywho, I’d rather much take a loaner than free cokes as I’m sure all of yous would as well.

They have all the latest Volvo courtesy cars available.

Forum Sponsor

Hey all, so glad our P1800 is getting so much attention!

Full disclosure, our website is designed to display “Please Call” if no price is populated online. After dozens of emails and even more phone calls, we quickly added the disclaimer and the $1,000,000 price tag to put a halt to the inquiries. It clearly worked, as people now understand it is not for sale - it’s proudly on display and customers love to see the Volvo heritage. Who knows what the future holds, but for now, it’s here to stay.

Oh, and the vending machines are not managed by us - they’re hosted by Coca Cola directly for those who need something more than our Starbucks Coffee or Water.

Hope everyone is staying well in this uncertain world. If anyone needs direction in any way with their Volvo, please don’t hesitate.

Stay safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SteingoldVolvoCars View Post

Full disclosure, our website is designed to display “Please Call” if no price is populated online. After dozens of emails and even more phone calls, we quickly added the disclaimer and the $1,000,000 price tag to put a halt to the inquiries. It clearly worked, as people now understand it is not for sale - it’s proudly on display and customers love to see the Volvo heritage. Who knows what the future holds, but for now, it’s here to stay.

Oh, and the vending machines are not managed by us - they’re hosted by Coca Cola directly for those who need something more than our Starbucks Coffee or Water.

Hope everyone is staying well in this uncertain world. If anyone needs direction in any way with their Volvo, please don’t hesitate.

Stay safe.

You can tell you're on a Volvo forum when we're all talking about that nice car sitting in the Steingold Showroom. Great eye candy, that I am sure many wanted to take home, before you put the 1 million price tag!

You can tell you're on a Volvo forum when we're all talking about that nice car sitting in the Steingold Showroom. Great eye candy, that I am sure many wanted to take home, before you put the 1 million price tag!
      But he did explain why he did it as he has no interest in selling.

But he did explain why he did it as he has no interest in selling.

Do you mean why he put it on the website or why he put a price on it? He did explain why he put a price on it (good solution to my mind). For why put it on the website? If I had something like that and a dealership website I'd probably do the same thing - a snare for enthusiasts and a conversation starter in general.

Meaning why he gave it a price

Meaning why he gave it a price

What he said was that if no price is given the website is setup to show Please Call, and people kept on calling.
      That seems like a good reason to put an outrageous price on it.

Quote Originally Posted by SteingoldVolvoCars View Post

Stay safe.

Strange answer

2018 XC60 T5 R-Design

Forum Sponsor
      Quote Originally Posted by BigBang View Post
      Strange answer

Totally understand your confusion. There’s simply no way to remove those fields, as they’re static for all vehicles in inventory - if a vehicle is listed, those forms will be present.

I feel like $1,800,018.00 would be a more appropriate goofy price for a P1800E.

PS.... This thread is proof that the Coronavirus-Shut-In is causing a lot of boredom.

PPS.... the car looks great

29. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements