Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
      Pretty sure this is a Platinum...

1996 855 Turbo (Windsor, CA)
      https://row52.com/Vehicle/Index/YV1LW5725T2193281

Current - 2000 V70R Venetian Red Pearl
      Past - 1998 V70 XC Emerald Green Metallic
      RIP - 1987 Mazda RX-7 White/Red (first car, many speeding tickets, blown rotary engine)

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

MT if my VIN decoding is correct...

2001 V70 T5M (Fresno, CA)
      https://row52.com/Vehicle/Index/YV1SW53D111007094

RIP - 1987 Mazda RX-7 White/Red (first car, many speeding tickets, blown rotary engine)

If the rest of the vehicle is as nice a this photo, it seems worthy of being saved...

1982 244 Turbo (Moss Landing, CA)
      https://row52.com/Vehicle/Index/YV1AX4748C1743093

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JaredR View Post
      Well I was thinking Volvo exec car until I saw where Smithtown Volvo is. Someone sure was driving it a lot those first few years. Bizarre.
      When I worked for Volvo cars in Michigan during when Ford bought them. The cars Ford executives and management were ordering, were just weird optioned some times. (Not saying this T5 was one of them). I don't understand why they would ordered these weird packages or not select standard packages that would sell on a normal lot. Then I asked a Ford Engineer, when I had to meet him to go get his order for a 1999 S80 T6 he wanted to order. He wanted cloth seats, not leather. I asked why cloth? It was going to be hard, I would have to call Volvo and it will have to be built. He told me that he is in seat engineering and he had to get S80 with cloth seats since another engineer in his dept got one with leather sea.

And they are testing these cars for a year. Then it will be for sale on Ford's (B-Lot) which any employee or their family members could buy them at a good price straight from Ford. 90 percent of those car's ordered from Ford came thru Michigan dealer. The rest went to other dealership in different states closest to the engineering company or management dept ordering that car.

I so wished I had keep the sheets and sheets of print outs of vins and options that came thru my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago_Wagon View Post
      If the rest of the vehicle is as nice a this photo, it seems worthy of being saved...

1982 244 Turbo (Moss Landing, CA)
      https://row52.com/Vehicle/Index/YV1AX4748C1743093

Man, what a shame
      01 S60 T5M Black, middle sons
      00 S70 GLT Black, youngest sons
      01 E46 325 XI Touring Silver, Wifes, totalled, bought back, repaired
      00 S70 GLT5 SE Moondisaster, T5 Swap, MINE !

Well remember as we went through on the previous page the gearbox position in the Volvo VINs is the check digit position in an American VIN, so that doesn't tell you anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydiesel View Post
      When I worked for Volvo cars in Michigan during when Ford bought them. The cars Ford executives and management were ordering, were just weird optioned some times. (Not saying this T5 was one of them). I don't understand why they would ordered these weird packages or not select standard packages that would sell on a normal lot. Then I asked a Ford Engineer, when I had to meet him to go get his order for a 1999 S80 T6 he wanted to order. He wanted cloth seats, not leather. I asked why cloth? It was going to be hard, I would have to call Volvo and it will have to be built. He told me that he is in seat engineering and he had to get S80 with cloth seats since another engineer in his dept got one with leather sea.

And they are testing these cars for a year. Then it will be for sale on Ford's (B-Lot) which any employee or their family members could buy them at a good price straight from Ford. 90 percent of those car's ordered from Ford came thru Michigan dealer. The rest went to other dealership in different states closest to the engineering company or management dept ordering that car.

I so wished I had keep the sheets and sheets of print outs of vins and options that came thru my hands.
      I was hoping you would chime in on this one Jay. That's wild. So I guess they were ordering cars with options that weren't even available here? That would make sense since we've seen cars like that, but the RTI is a really baffling one since that isn't even supposed to work here.
      1995 850 T-5R Estate. AW50-42LE. Cream Yellow/Graphite. 297k.
      1997 850R Estate. B5234T9/M66D. Bright Red/Graphite. 270k.
      2007 S60 T5. M66W. Black Sapphire/Arena. 140k.
      Instagram: Jared's Volvo Page

Past: |1997 855R. Bright Red/Light Beige. AW50-42LE. Totaled by wayward construction equipment. || 1996 854R. Black Stone/Graphite. AW50-42LE. Parts car || 1995 854 TURBO. Polar White/Tan. AW50-42LE. Parts car. |
      Dad: 1997 V70 T5 SE. AW50-42LE. Frost Green/Oak. 212k.Mom: NEW! 1999 S70 GLT Pewter/Oak. 101k. Past: 2004 V70 NA. AW55-50SN Ruby Red/Tan 269k. Sold to markj

That's a really cool insight!
      2007 V70R M66 Titanium Gray/Nordkap
      2009 S60 2.5T AW55 AWD Ice White/Oak Shark Stage 1

Quote Originally Posted by Chilled Man View Post
      Does anyone have an P2 XC wing for sale ... Need it for a friend.
      I have a brand new in packaging P2 XC70/V70 wing + brake light just sitting in a box in my warehouse
      2011 Volvo C30 T5 R Design (Polestar Tuned) Flame Orange Metallic/Charcoal
      2007 Volvo C70 T5 Mystic Silver/Charcoal

Past: |1997 855R. Bright Red/Light Beige. AW50-42LE. Totaled by wayward construction equipment. || 1996 854R. Black Stone/Graphite. AW50-42LE. Parts car || 1995 854 TURBO. Polar White/Tan. AW50-42LE. Parts car. |
      Dad: 1997 V70 T5 SE. AW50-42LE. Frost Green/Oak. 212k.Mom: NEW! 1999 S70 GLT Pewter/Oak. 101k. Past: 2004 V70 NA. AW55-50SN Ruby Red/Tan 269k. Sold to markj

Can confirm this an auto
      Attachment 60037
      04 V70R Flash Green/Atacama6MT

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      2008 s60 that looks clean for 3K. White/tan leather, eurus and too much tire gel. 132K.
      https://www.letgo.com/en-us/i/2008-v...4-3a35c40d14ba

Magnus alert:
      2007 V8 s80 in black and off white but no interior shots, 150K miles. <$4200
      https://www.letgo.com/en-us/i/2007-v...0-35c224396e95

98R in silver with poor pics, but wang. 1599 bucks. They SAY it's running excellent, but we all know it needs a lot of help for that price.
      https://www.letgo.com/en-us/i/volvo-...2-4b285e08a760
      I've seen that s80 haha, thanks though!

They put it on eBay and it didn't reach reserve so they want wayyy too much.
      Now 2011 Volvo XC90 V8 AWD Executive. Luxury Package. Rear Park Assist Camera. Multimedia Package. ABL. BLIS. Premium Electric Silver/Perforated Soft Beige. 120K. (2011-)
      2011.5 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD. Climate Package. Rear Park Assist Camera. Convenience Package. Technology Package. Exterior Styling Kit. ABL. BLIS. Premium Electric Silver/Sandsoft Beige. 102K. (2010-)

Then 2005 Volvo S40 2.4i. Sport Package. Climate Package. Convenience Package. Black/Dark Beige. (2005-2010)
      2006 Volvo XC90 2.5T AWD. Premium Package. Versatility Package. Convenience Package. Climate Package. Titanium Gray Metallic/Light Taupe.(2005-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by volvo4life92 View Post
      Stumbled across this gem on CL.. If you're not looking at Volvos on CL, are you really quarantining?

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...101928505.html

No ACC but has ventilated seats.
      Me likey.

Too far though.
      Now 2011 Volvo XC90 V8 AWD Executive. Luxury Package. Rear Park Assist Camera. Multimedia Package. ABL. BLIS. Premium Electric Silver/Perforated Soft Beige. 120K. (2011-)
      2011.5 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD. Climate Package. Rear Park Assist Camera. Convenience Package. Technology Package. Exterior Styling Kit. ABL. BLIS. Premium Electric Silver/Sandsoft Beige. 102K. (2010-)

Then 2005 Volvo S40 2.4i. Sport Package. Climate Package. Convenience Package. Black/Dark Beige. (2005-2010)
      2006 Volvo XC90 2.5T AWD. Premium Package. Versatility Package. Convenience Package. Climate Package. Titanium Gray Metallic/Light Taupe.(2005-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by JaredR View Post
      Well remember as we went through on the previous page the gearbox position in the Volvo VINs is the check digit position in an American VIN, so that doesn't tell you anything.

I was hoping you would chime in on this one Jay. That's wild. So I guess they were ordering cars with options that weren't even available here? That would make sense since we've seen cars like that, but the RTI is a really baffling one since that isn't even supposed to work here.
      Yes. The RTI is weird to me too. Never had a production one come in. Only time I did see one, was in a C70 conv. a pre production unit that came in for the Detroit Auto show that year. Came by 747 in the underbelly. Had to take a open car (one car)trailer to the airport to pick it up. Volvo sent a bunch of car covers for the cars going to the Auto show. I was told by Volvo exec hide the car and keep it covered always. So young me, put a wagon car cover over the pre production C70 conv(only one in the USA!) and used duct tape to hold it down better. Just took the duct over and under the car a bunch of times. Get it back to the dealership that night. And next morning, the two guys from Volvo in Sweden arrived at the dealership to start adding the show lighting to the car and other cars that we picked to go to the Auto Show. Some of the cars I just picked off the lot. ( Volvo was just a small car company and small budget before Ford bought them). After the cars were ready from getting their show lighting installed. I did my ghetto car cover wrap again to all the cars now and trailered them to the Detroit Auto Show ( 30 min drive). After the Show a transport truck come and take all the cars to the next Auto show event in a different city, never saw any of those cars ever again.

When S40's were coming to USA finally for the first year here. I had 3 S40's and 2 V40's coming in, all were pre production cars, LHD and in sliver. These cars were all been driven around the USA by 5 marketing woman (factory worker ladies that got promoted to Auto Show circuit or marketing) from Volvo Sweden. I was the last spot before the ladies went back to Sweden. All 5 cars stayed with me for a few weeks before all got sent to different film companies to used, abused and destroyed.

It was a mesh of pre production cars going to film companies, car magazine or different Volvo supplies. But at the end of their use all cars got destroyed. Not a lot of pre production cars came to the dealership each year. Maybe less than 10 cars a year. About two years after a Ford bought Volvo. No more Auto Show cars or pre production units came through the dealership. Ford took everything in house then in Dearborn.

Yes. The RTI is weird to me too. Never had a production one come in. Only time I did see one, was in a C70 conv. a pre production unit that came in for the Detroit Auto show that year. Came by 747 in the underbelly. Had to take a open car (one car)trailer to the airport to pick it up. Volvo sent a bunch of car covers for the cars going to the Auto show. I was told by Volvo exec hide the car and keep it covered always. So young me, put a wagon car cover over the pre production C70 conv(only one in the USA!) and used duct tape to hold it down better. Just took the duct over and under the car a bunch of times. Get it back to the dealership that night. And next morning, the two guys from Volvo in Sweden arrived at the dealership to start adding the show lighting to the car and other cars that we picked to go to the Auto Show. Some of the cars I just picked off the lot. ( Volvo was just a small car company and small budget before Ford bought them). After the cars were ready from getting their show lighting installed. I did my ghetto car cover wrap again to all the cars now and trailered them to the Detroit Auto Show ( 30 min drive). After the Show a transport truck come and take all the cars to the next Auto show event in a different city, never saw any of those cars ever again.

When S40's were coming to USA finally for the first year here. I had 3 S40's and 2 V40's coming in, all were pre production cars, LHD and in sliver. These cars were all been driven around the USA by 5 marketing woman (factory worker ladies that got promoted to Auto Show circuit or marketing) from Volvo Sweden. I was the last spot before the ladies went back to Sweden. All 5 cars stayed with me for a few weeks before all got sent to different film companies to used, abused and destroyed.

It was a mesh of pre production cars going to film companies, car magazine or different Volvo supplies. But at the end of their use all cars got destroyed. Not a lot of pre production cars came to the dealership each year. Maybe less than 10 cars a year. About two years after a Ford bought Volvo. No more Auto Show cars or pre production units came through the dealership. Ford took everything in house then in Dearborn.

Haha these stories are great. I wonder if you ever saw my T-5R back when you were working for Volvo. They didn't sell it off until 1998. Or my dad's Frost Green T5. Probably wasn't built (10/96) that much before that C70. Both very much preproduction cars, although apparently beyond the range of cars that were supposed to be crushed. Both of them have heated seats and no headlight wipers. Seems like that was a thing for press cars from what I've been able to gather about other cars built in similar timeframes. One of my friends in the Netherlands has, aside from graphite interior instead of oak, an identical twin 23 cars older than my dad's T5.

You should try to get over to some of the Volvo meets in the Netherlands and Sweden at some point. There are a few collectors over there who also have a number of these oddball cars. One of the guys I met in the Netherlands when I was over there has the lone surviving Aqua V70R prototype. Story goes that it was saved from being crushed by an exec who had a friend who wanted to buy one. Absolutely bizarre car....here we are talking about how weird RTI is.....how about 850R/T-5R door sills in a V70R from the factory. He and a few of the other guys I met also know this guy in Sweden who has the Aubergine T-5R estate and the 94 T-5 sedan that was reg'd as PDY 444 and used in all the CY T-5R and red 850R sedan press photos, and some other oddball cars. I had hoped to go to Sweden this summer to see some of what they have there but that doesn't seem likely to be happening at this point. I'm sure they would love to hear your stories, too. There isn't a lot of knowledge over there about what went on in the American market. Apparently I was the first American to show up at a Volvo meeting in the Netherlands so they were super curious about what we have going on over here. One of them was actually going to come to Carlisle this year but of course that's not happening now, either.

I didn't start to work for Volvo dealership until mid 96. So missed the launch of T-5Rs in late 94. I did get to drive a 96 manual 850R wagon Canadian spec that came in for service, that was a press car. Lol. Canada was just a 40 min drive and over the bridge or take the tunnel. One guy brought his Yellow wagon in for a check engine light and oil change. He was on a road trip with his family. Only client owned Yellow T-5R sedan that ever came in to the dealership was a older lady owned. Just for service, and tires and rims ( like every other month because of the potholes and also we all know Titan issues now) So Volvo gave her a free set of the 16" Turbo wheels and tires. She always received a loaner and I would get to drive the T-5R back to her house every time to pick up the loaner. That's how I fall in love with the Yellow T-5R.

Went grocery shopping with Wichita!

2006 XC70 75k - Ruby Red/Graphite - "Wichita" | 2011 Tacoma 14k - Green/Sand - "Timber"
      2007 XC70 64k - Black Stone/Graphite - "Springfield" | 2017 Miata RF GT 5k - Grey/Black - "Egg"
      2018 V90CC 12k - Crystal White/Amber - "Rudolf"
      Previous: 1997 Dodge Intrepid | 2002 Saturn | 2009 Jetta | 2011 Mazda3 | 2011 Outback | 1993 Miata | 2013 XC70 | 2005 XC70 | 2005 V70 | 2007 XC70 | 2010 Odyssey | 2006 V70R | 1990 740 | 2019 XC90 | 2019 BMW 440i

Quote Originally Posted by skywolf View Post
      Went grocery shopping with Wichita!
      How many sets of gloves did you use? lol
      2004 V70R MT TiGray/Nordkap - Replica 18" Pegs - Handbrake Mod
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport Passion Red/Off-Black - Serpentine Belt, Tensioner & Idler Pulleys - Spark Plug Replacement - Y-Pipe Replacement
      1990 745 Turbo Intercooler White/Beige
      2006 & 2007 XC70
      VIDA/DICE Owner - SS Lurker Since 2009 - '06-'07 Transmission Valve Body Info - SR/VR Failing Throttle Body
      Current Non-Volvo: 2007 VTX 1800 F3, 2002 VT750DC
      Previous: 2006 S60R

Went and picked up 3 baby chicks today. Curbside service of course.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      2013 XC60 T6
      2008 C30 T5 R-Design
      2002 S60 T5M: the daily commuter slayer
      Past: 2007 XC70 Orca, 1999 V70 5sp, 2010 Mazda5, 2000 Audi A4 Avant 5sp, 1990 VW Fox 4sp

Quote Originally Posted by LarryM View Post
      Went and picked up 3 baby chicks today. Curbside service of course.
      Will you be cooking these when the grocery stores are empty?
      2006 XC70 75k - Ruby Red/Graphite - "Wichita" | 2011 Tacoma 14k - Green/Sand - "Timber"
      2007 XC70 64k - Black Stone/Graphite - "Springfield" | 2017 Miata RF GT 5k - Grey/Black - "Egg"
      Previous: 1997 Dodge Intrepid | 2002 Saturn | 2009 Jetta | 2011 Mazda3 | 2011 Outback | 1993 Miata | 2013 XC70 | 2005 XC70 | 2005 V70 | 2007 XC70 | 2010 Odyssey | 2006 V70R | 1990 740 | 2019 XC90 | 2019 BMW 440i

Quote Originally Posted by R-Pow3R3d View Post
      How many sets of gloves did you use? lol

Also I was getting tired of makers mark so I did curbside liquor pickup. 2 bottles of redemption rye, 3.5L of khalua and baileys

I got compliments on my gas mask. The cashier took a selfie with me.

Will you be cooking these when the grocery stores are empty?
      Haha, no way. We've got 4 laying hens already, so fresh eggs daily.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      2013 XC60 T6
      2008 C30 T5 R-Design
      2002 S60 T5M: the daily commuter slayer
      Past: 2007 XC70 Orca, 1999 V70 5sp, 2010 Mazda5, 2000 Audi A4 Avant 5sp, 1990 VW Fox 4sp

Oh I forgot to mention. In all my years driving a Volvo XC70 in Atlanta Iíve never been approached about my car.. until today... when I got out wearing a gas mask lol. The guy asked if I had any issues, if I liked the car, miles etc. obviously he got a love story from me

obviously he got a love story from me
      I hope it wasn't the x-rated version. (I mean you were wearing a gas mask for cryin' out loud)
      '97 855 , '74 144

Um, isnít this basically a SB unicorn?

1999 V70 T5M White/Black 139k - $Auction
      https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F184238322032

I just got outbid on this one.
      2013 Volvo S60 T5 - Black Stone/Black
      2008 Dodge Ram 1500 - Black/Grey
      2009 BMW K1300 GT
      1984 Kawasaki ZX750-E1 Turbo

Past:
      1999 Volvo V70 T5A - Polar White/Gobi
      1999 Porsche Carrera C2 Aero - Glacier White/Graphite Grey
      1997 Porsche Carrera Cabriolet - Black/Black/Black
      1983 Porsche Carrera - Dolomite Grey/Champagne

Damn. Thatís hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

Nice manual wagon. It will be fun to follow this one the next few days.
      Past: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60R M, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD, '05 V70R GT
      Present: '95 854 T-5R, '06 XC70, '15 XC70 T6, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

It was, but I already have something better. No longer going after P80 T5Ms. Will be interesting to see what a higher mileage bone stock no updates or toys version of the emerald goes for. I know what mines worth and have discussed price with several interested parties so this auction should be a real world cross check.
      2003 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - M56LK - 205k - K24/Greens/Do88/Quaife/SMF/P2R Clutch/DW300C/H&R/Bilstein TC/316mm & 308mm Brakes - SteveO Tuned
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/R Graphite & Alcantara - AW42 - 299k - Daily/Work Wagon
      1999 V70 T5 - Nautic/R Graphite & Alcantara - M56H - 177k - Rescued
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite - M56H - 119k - Garage Queen
      2000 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 243k - Moms Unicorn
      2000 S70 GLT SE- Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 218k - Sisters

Quote Originally Posted by nnn4865 View Post
      I hope it wasn't the x-rated version. (I mean you were wearing a gas mask for cryin' out loud)
      I showed him all my favorite positions and which oil I use.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne T5 View Post
      Nice manual wagon. It will be fun to follow this one the next few days.
      I'm going to wait until the end and bid an insane amount of money. The things you can do when you are retired, no wife and no kids (trying to burn through my inheritance).
      2009 BMW K1300 GT

Past:

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyfr View Post
      I'm going to wait until the end and bid an insane amount of money. The things you can do when you are retired, no wife and no kids (trying to burn through my inheritance).
      Does it have to be white? Cause you could get an emerald one for half of an insane amount of money thats been brought back to better than new condition mechanically and has alllllll the oem toys.
      2003 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - M56LK - 205k - K24/Greens/Do88/Quaife/SMF/P2R Clutch/DW300C/H&R/Bilstein TC/316mm & 308mm Brakes - SteveO Tuned
      1999 V70 T5 - Pewter/R Graphite & Alcantara - AW42 - 299k - Daily/Work Wagon
      1999 V70 T5 - Nautic/R Graphite & Alcantara - M56H - 177k - Rescued
      1999 V70 T5 - Emerald/Graphite - M56H - 119k - Garage Queen
      2000 V70 T5 - Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 243k - Moms Unicorn
      2000 S70 GLT SE- Mystic/Graphite - AW42 - 218k - Sisters

Quote Originally Posted by ScottishBrick View Post
      Does it have to be white? Cause you could get an emerald one for half of an insane amount of money thats been brought back to better than new condition mechanically and has alllllll the oem toys.
      Would prefer white. Reminds me of my old one.
      Attached Images Attached Images
      Last edited by Tonyfr; 04-04-2020 at 11:50 AM.
      2009 BMW K1300 GT

Past:

1996 850R Sedan Black/Graphite ?k. $3.5k. Tuscon, AZ.

"Great condition and low milage for its year.
      It only needs a good paint job since it is an old car.
      Running nice and smooth and the tires are in amazing condition."

LOL

https://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/d/...103041812.html

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...098527531.html

Low mileage C70 convertible. Ad claims second owner.

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/...102621291.html

05 V70R with some hail damage. Totally missed third-row jump seats in the back.

CO seems to have its share of rarer Volvos I've come to find out as a transplant. Much more selection than back in HOU.
      Last edited by volvo4life92; 04-04-2020 at 01:51 PM.
      2005 XC70 2.5T, 2012 E550 4matic
      Previous: 2004 XC90 2.5T

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast