Recommend me mats for the luggage compartments, sports equipment racks etc
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Recommend me mats for the luggage compartments, sports equipment racks etc

Hi everyone,

Recently purchased a MY18 XC90 Inscription and need to get some accessories for it when COVID-19 eventually recedes. What's the most cost-efficient options for the following:

Hitch: I don't really care if it is visible all the time so long as the crash safety isn't impaired and it is compatible with the CPO warranty. Not planning to tow, only have a loading-style bike rack for now.

Cross bars for roof rails: Seeking recommendations for a decent option at a fair price

Surfboard rack: I've seen something from Thule for this, any other recommendations (could technically also just strap boards to the cross bars I guess)

Loading/platform-style bike rack: Ideally for 4 bikes - are there any good quality options at a lower price than Thule T2 Pro XT + the 2 bike extension?

Mats for cargo: Something that works with the 2 rear row seats down for the most part, but also would allow for those to be used on occasion. Probably worthwhile having rubber/water resistant stuff there.

Cargo bay cover: It looks like the car has some sort of receptacle for a cover that can be used to hide/secure cargo when not filling the cargo area to the brim. Does anyone have an example of this/recommend it?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

For cargo bay cover, the OE accessory is probably the best bet. This is the one where the 3rd row has to be folded flat. If you need one when the 3rd row is in use, you can always do a simple DIY.

I haven't seen usable cargo mat that can convert from 2 to 3 row setup.
      Denim Blue 2018 xc90 T6 Momentum+

Cool - in that case I'll probably aim for a good 2 row mat setup. Thoughts?

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Take a look at Volvo’s official accessories. Literally everything you posted about they make and at a much cheaper price and equal or better in quality than aftermarket. You won’t be disappointed. Volvo wins the accessory battle 9/10 times. 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by torstein View Post
      Cool - in that case I'll probably aim for a good 2 row mat setup. Thoughts?
      This reversible Volvo mat (with bumper protection) is very good. It covers the cargo area whith the third row down.
      https://accessories.volvocars.com/en...CC-515608/2018
      But when the third row is up, the part that normally covers it can be folded up against the back of the seats.
      I once posted a photo of the mat being folded up against a wall (can't do it in the car, it's a 5-seater), it
      folds up very well. Unfortunately I can't find the picture anymore. If you are really interested, I will take
      another one and post it. That said, I am not sure I would choose this mat if I had a 7-seater and the third
      row is always up.
      Perhaps you are looking for something like this to cover the cargo area?
      https://www.volvooempartsdirect.com/...rcoal-32239156
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8YFR2D65S8 (shows the cover at 2:20)
      2018 XC90 T5 (5-seater)

Hi everyone,

Recently purchased a MY18 XC90 Inscription and need to get some accessories for it when COVID-19 eventually recedes. What's the most cost-efficient options for the following:

Mats for cargo: Something that works with the 2 rear row seats down for the most part, but also would allow for those to be used on occasion. Probably worthwhile having rubber/water resistant stuff there.

I use a Drymate Whelping Box Liner in my V90. I've used this for nearly two decades now in previous Audi wagons. It comes in 50" and 100" lengths and is wide enough to come a couple inches up both sides of the cargo area. It is waterproof, but unlike canvas style waterproof liners, it has a synthetic fabric face, so it absorbs and holds liquids rather than letting them flow around on the surface. It folds easily, so I have it folded for the cargo area when the back seats are up, then unfold it for when the back seats are down and I've got my two retrievers back there on a day-long road trip, or for hauling bags of mulch from Lowes/HomeDepot. Usually, I just shake it or brush it clean. Once a year, I lay it out on the drive way, hose it down, apply some laundry detergent and use a brush to lather it up, then rinse it and put it across a hedge to dry, which is does very quickly. Here's the link to the product page, but do a search -- it's available at good prices from pet supply stores. Less than $50 for the 100".

http://www.drymate.com/shop/pets/dog...box-liner-mat/
      2018 V90 T6 Inscription

Thanks everyone, good advice all around.

Zahra, that cargo cover is exactly what I'm looking for!

Aardvarkbark, I'll look into that whelping box liner. Sounds like an inexpensive way to get something in there that will help deal with any wet sand/grime from random sports equipment/home depot type stuff going into the back without risk of it flowing around the surface (and possibly off of it). Thanks!

I fully endorse Husky. I have had these for about a year and no issues.

https://www.huskyliners.com/X-act-Co.../fuel-type/gas

Mats - I got tuxmats. They have an exact fit to floor and not just a piece of randomly cut rubber.
      Cargo cover - volvo 2 piece that was mentioned above.
      Bike rack: 1upusa. Not sure if it's cheaper then thule, but imho made better.
      2019 XC90 T8 Inscription, Denim Blue, ~everything sans B&W

Hi everyone,

<snip>

Cross bars for roof rails: Seeking recommendations for a decent option at a fair price

<snip>

Many thanks in advance for your help!
      I have brand new cross bars for 2017 XC90 Inscription in my garage never used. PM me if interested...

Zahra, that cargo cover is exactly what I'm looking for!
      Took a few photos, the mat is placed against the wall without attempting to bend it sharper.
      Attached Images Attached Images
      2018 XC90 T5 (5-seater)

Does anyone know if Volvo's key / lock kit (#31330898) is compatible with Thule? Seems like a very cost effective alternative to getting the Thule branded One Key replacement kits:

https://www.volvowholesaleparts.com/oem-parts/volvo-lock-kit-6-keyed-alike-locks-31330898

Quote Originally Posted by Zahra View Post
      Took a few photos, the mat is placed against the wall without attempting to bend it sharper.
      Oh wow! If I’d known it had a bumper cover, was reversible, and came with a 7 seat option at the time I would have gotten it over the other plastic cover. I’d been happy with the tub plastic in our V40 and 2010 XC90 so didn’t look at this one.

Is the 7 seat version an add on piece or is it the whole length that also covers the 2nd row when folded down?
      2005 Boxster - EuroDelivery Atlas Grey (Street: Boxster S 18"/Track: Cayman S 18")
      2010 XC90 3.2 R-Design AWD - OSD Ice White (Winter: Vulcanis 19"/Summer & Off-Road: Panacea 18")
      2017 XC90 T8 R-Design eAWD - OSD (Pole✦ envy) Passion Red (Vision|Convenience|B&W|Climate|HUD|Air 4C|Lighted Running Boards|Tow|Center Booster|iPad|Protective Plate...) w/ChargePoint Home
      --
      Our first: 2001 V40 1.9T - OSD Atlantic Blue (Summer: Galactica 16"/Winter: Spectra 15")

Does anyone know if Volvo's key / lock kit (#31330898) is compatible with Thule? Seems like a very cost effective alternative to getting the Thule branded One Key replacement kits:

https://www.volvowholesaleparts.com/...locks-31330898
      They are and I’ve always found getting the Volvo sport accessories as a better option than getting the Thule branded ones. They are all made by Thule (ha Thule even made the Volvo tow bars on pre SPA models). I only wish Volvo sold lock cores in sets greater than 6 or that it was possible to order a particular code so I could have all of my Volvo/Thule accessories with a single key.
      2005 Boxster - EuroDelivery Atlas Grey (Street: Boxster S 18"/Track: Cayman S 18")
      2010 XC90 3.2 R-Design AWD - OSD Ice White (Winter: Vulcanis 19"/Summer & Off-Road: Panacea 18")
      2017 XC90 T8 R-Design eAWD - OSD (Pole✦ envy) Passion Red (Vision|Convenience|B&W|Climate|HUD|Air 4C|Lighted Running Boards|Tow|Center Booster|iPad|Protective Plate...) w/ChargePoint Home
      --
      Our first: 2001 V40 1.9T - OSD Atlantic Blue (Summer: Galactica 16"/Winter: Spectra 15")

Thanks, and agreed. I basically ordered all Volvo kit aside from the Thule SUP Taxi which it didn't seem like Volvo had a good equivalent for.

@VolvoUhu the 7 seater version consists of two pieces. While I have a 7 seater I don't expect to use the rear two seats most of the time, so if I had thought things through a little bit more before ordering, I would've probably gotten the version for the 5 seater as shown earlier in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by VolvoUhu View Post
      Is the 7 seat version an add on piece or is it the whole length that also covers the 2nd row when folded down?
      I must have missed your reply, sorry Luckily someone else did read (and answer) it
      2018 XC90 T5 (5-seater)

20. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements