Elevate CBV is actually Kompact
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Junior Member edgar.a.montoya@gmail.com's Avatar

Elevate CBV is actually Kompact

So I ordered an Elevate CBV, I just got it and it turned out to be a Kompact Turbosmart CBV. I just emailed Elevate to find out what’s up with this. If I wanted this brand, I’d have bought it from another website that sells it for $30 less. Anyone run into something similar? This is bull****, or did I miss some fine print somewhere in their ad?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Junior Member edgar.a.montoya@gmail.com's Avatar
      “The ELEVATE Volvo S40 T5 Turbo Compressor Bypass Valve (CBV) is a bit of engineering and manufacturing brilliance that will help keep your turbocharger functioning to its full potential. Manufactured exclusively for ELEVATE by long time development partner Turbosmart, our CBV outperforms and outlasts any other unit on the market. Our robust piston design is fast acting and designed to perform.“

Just noticed this bit, apparently Turbosmart makes it “exclusively for Elevate. Well considering ViVA sells it as well, I say it’s BS. Anyway, rant over, they got me, not buying from them.

I think likely Elevate would say that in the photos for the CBV and turbo waste gate that they show the name Turbosmart so it's not like their hiding it. I usually look at MK2 Ford Focus RS parts over in the UK and this has helped me see what Elevate items are sold elsewhere. IMO I think Elevate is catering to those who aren't as versed in similarities between the P1 Volvo's and Ford/Mazda parts. They help your typical new user see what fits without real in depth research. Still though I see your frustration.

I personally just order 2 Ford engine mounts because they fit my C30 and are half the cost of new Volvo one's.
      2005 S40 M66, stock
      2019 XC40 T4 FWD, Momentum with Premium and Vision Package - Hers
      2013 C30 Polestar #141/250, Mototech exhaust, Volvo Skid Plate, RacingBeat RSB, - Sold
      1997 Volvo 850 N/A with 240k, 1 owner, SOLD 2017
      2000 C70 Convertible 5sp HPT, SOLD 2011

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

More information on the Ford engine mounts?

I have an eFocus lower mount, but did not know this about the uppers.

Only 2 out of the 3 engine mounts can be swapped for Ford. The passenger side mount, under the coolant tank cannot, you need to buy the Volvo part here. Both below parts have been verified to work on the C30 so they should also work for S40's/V40's.

Lower Torque mount: CM5Z-6068-A
      Upper transmission mount: AV6Z-6068-A
      2005 S40 M66, stock
      2019 XC40 T4 FWD, Momentum with Premium and Vision Package - Hers
      2013 C30 Polestar #141/250, Mototech exhaust, Volvo Skid Plate, RacingBeat RSB, - Sold
      1997 Volvo 850 N/A with 240k, 1 owner, SOLD 2017
      2000 C70 Convertible 5sp HPT, SOLD 2011

Quote Originally Posted by rocketscience55 View Post
      I think likely Elevate would say that in the photos for the CBV and turbo waste gate that they show the name Turbosmart so it's not like their hiding it. I usually look at MK2 Ford Focus RS parts over in the UK and this has helped me see what Elevate items are sold elsewhere. IMO I think Elevate is catering to those who aren't as versed in similarities between the P1 Volvo's and Ford/Mazda parts. They help your typical new user see what fits without real in depth research. Still though I see your frustration.

I personally just order 2 Ford engine mounts because they fit my C30 and are half the cost of new Volvo one's.
      I fell into this category, the elevate stuff is nice and Don has always helped me out but for what are cars are, its overpriced - all of it - Do88, Airtec, Snab etc. But you pay for the convenience of installation, looks, and in my case, just to say i have Elevate stuff, Its designer.

Ive been going crazy trying to track down what parts fit and dont fit from Ford and Mazda but their is so many variants and different P/N's. As far as intercoolers go, i know the S60 IC is an upgrade but needs some fab. Ill be finding out if a RS Intercooler (G1FY6K775RC) is a direct swap soon, it should be including the o2 sensor. im convinced the majority of the intake tubing can be had at a fraction of the cost, just look at MNIWT's ram intake - just need to find a 11"+ tube with a MAF and Vaccum line plug - thanks Engtech ive been doing my research! - The charge pipe, the throttle, the plenums, all can be done much cheaper.
      2008 S40 T5 AWD ("Shadow") |ELEVATE 3" Intake, 2.5" Charge Pipe, Intercooler, Torque Mount, ECU Mount, TCV, Turbosmart CBV, Turbosmart Actuator, stage 3 APC Tune, 3 Stickers (5HP)ea||ClockWorkCalibrations Custom 3" Exhaust||EuroSportTuning 3" downpipe.||CF Cone Filter||De-Badged||custom Mesh Grill||Intercooler Cut out||Porsche 911 Throttle body upgrade||18" Enkie PDC Wheels wrapped in 225/45/18 Sentury UHP||M3 Spoiler|| 8k Morimoto HID Kit|| White LED Fog,City,trunk light|"embody God, then go crazy"

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements