SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

My super clean 1999 Volvo S70 AWD.

31K views 225 replies 27 participants last post by  jstrat85 
#1 ·
Whats up guys. Wanted to show you one of my projects. Its a Super clean 1999 volvo S70 AWD. I don't really see to many AWD S70s. What I have done to the car so far is V70R front bumper, V70R wheels, dual exhaust , Factory T5 wing, Euro clean corners, and Jewel headlights. My next mod that I want to do is a BBK kit in yellow to finish off the car. Also Refinish the wheels.

free image upload

See less See more
#124 ·
Just a suggestion,, since you painted the R yellow on the wheels, you should jack up and turn the front wheels so the R is in the same place as the rear wheels. Little details for the OVD (Obsessive Volvo Disorder) in us.

#126 ·
make sure all your center caps are installed right side up too

#130 · (Edited)
Was super excited to instal the BBks on the car today, Finally got all the parts that I would need to complete this project porsche 996 front calipers, rear oem R calipers, SS lines, S60R front and rear rotors, CJs front brackets , front and rear pads and finally paint the calipers. Well guess what. Balls! The front rotors are to thick and wont clear the calipers. We shaved down the ears of the calipers a bit but the pads will still interfere. My guy said to shave down the brake pads to get more clearance, not sure if I just scrap this project or try and figure it out.

post a pic

#132 ·
Your rotor clearance issue is because you used the wrong calipers. Need 993 not 996.

993 throat is 34.72mm (for a 32mm rotor) while the 996 throat is 30.65mm (for a 28mm rotor).

#140 ·
The covers look really good in gold. I've seen a lot of yellows and a lot of blues, and some yellow and blue. Aside from the factory blue "R" color, your gold looks the best in my opinion. I'm surprised (pleasantly) you chose not to go with yellow, considering the rest of your exterior theme.

#162 ·
Just found this thread. This is a great looking S70! Gonna have to take my time going through this one.

#174 ·
Hope all is well. Wishing everyone a happy new year. Got My new shoes in today! I will be using these wheels only for the summer. Spent 4 hours cleaning and polishing them. They look amazing! Cant wait to see them on the car with the tires and hopefully with the yellow bbks soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.